Am I the only one that thinks Conor has a chance against Floyd?

Conor literally doesn't even have a punching chance.

You will all find out how SLOW Connor is going to look if he fights Floyd. He is going to be swinging at thin air. The speed different is massive

One thing that is for sure is that Conor will be in 0 danger from Floyd, certainly much less than in any of his UFC bouts, especially due to boxing gloves

That simple fact means Conor will take control like always, and if succesful at maintaining distance and countering with his left, Conor will stop Mayweather, and i don't even think it will be in the first couple of rounds.

You know i actually think this fight is important educationally for some young MMA fans who have absolutely no clue whatsoever how refined the skill of an elite level professional boxer has to be. When Conor goes in there and literally looks like some random guy they brought in from the street who has no idea what he is doing, they will begin to understand.

I keep hearing some people say Mayweather hasnt knocked "anybody" out in a long time. But who is "anybody"? "Anybody" refers to the best boxers on the face of the Earth (because that is who Floyd's competition is). So you are basically asking: If Floyd hasn't Koed any of the most elite professional boxers on the planet in years, how is he going to Ko an amateur boxer who is popular for doing MMA?" The answer is simple. If Floyd can Ko elite boxers 53% of the time, and most of the rest of the time hit them 400 times in a single match, he will literally be able to hit McGregor at will, and there is only so much punishment that any human body can take. That combined with the sheer exhaustion of swinging at air (which is more tiring than actually landing) and the sheer length of Boxing matches makes survival to the end very very unlikely for McGregor .

Floyd has the boxing defense down to a science and never takes any risk. Its like trying to hit a moving bullseye.

Cant stand his style...hope Conor catches him.

Yup, you're just about the only one. Floyd won't even be hit.

Also, Floyd is no where near the best boxer of all time and it's not arguable.

Plenty of us think Conor will destroy Floyd. You're far from the only delusional nuthugger. Let's nuthug in delusion together mate. Conor McGOAT bless. 49-1 MMA + Boxing GOATHOOD here we go.
but i dont like conor. How my nuthugging? Did you read anything

You know i actually think this fight is important educationally for some young MMA fans who have absolutely no clue whatsoever how refined the skill of an elite level professional boxer has to be. When Conor goes in there and literally looks like some random guy they brought in from the street who has no idea what he is doing, they will begin to understand.

I keep hearing some people say Mayweather hasnt knocked "anybody" out in a long time. But who is "anybody"? "Anybody" refers to the best boxers on the face of the Earth (because that is who Floyd's competition is). So you are basically asking: If Floyd hasn't Koed any of the most elite professional boxers on the planet in years, how is he going to Ko an amateur boxer who is popular for doing MMA?" The answer is simple. If Floyd can Ko elite boxers 53% of the time, and most of the rest of the time hit them 400 times in a single match, he will literally be able to hit McGregor at will, and there is only so much punishment that any human body can take. That combined with the sheer exhaustion of swinging at air (which is more tiring than actually landing) and the sheer length of Boxing matches makes survival to the end very very unlikely for McGregor .
i disagree in that he fought the best boxers in the world especially the ones he DID fight were out of their prime while he was in his.

Yup, you're just about the only one. Floyd won't even be hit.

Also, Floyd is no where near the best boxer of all time and it's not arguable.
apparently the betting odds state otherwise.

This because floyd has never fought someone bigger who can punch.

Seriously though connors boxing level is far far below other boxers that floyd made look bad.
thats the point if anyone read what i wrote past the title. Made the point that the fact he is not your traditional boxer this will be the first style the 40 year old Floyd hasn't fought before, whether its effective or not, he will be fighting against Conors style of fighting and its the first time Floyd will have to deal with it, can he? Will Floyd even take this serious and make a mistake by not doing so.

First I will say, I am NOT at all a Conor McGregor fan. I will admit to his phenomenal talent and would support any MMA fighter against Floyd Mayweather IF they had a chance, I believe in this case they do.

The fight is more likely to happen now that even Dana White is claiming that its "likely to happen", besides whether or not you think it will happen or not is irrelevant we can still discuss what would happen. Also Mayweather announced last week that he is no longer retired and that he wants to finally get it out with UFC star Conor McGregor after months of verbal jousting between the pair.

Mayweather is considered to be the best boxer in the world today arguably ever. That being said, he is a retired fighter, at the age of 40. Conor is in the prime of his career and unlike most fighters he likes to specialize in movement which contributes to lots of his success in the octagon. I wouldn't be surprised if the fight was a stale mate for a good while since both fighters are extremely great in defensive striking/countering.

I believe Conor has more of a chance than many critics give him and that's understandable. 49 boxers tried to dethrone Mayweeather and 49 failed. They were boxers and I think the fact that Conor is not a boxer but a completely different style that Mayweather hasnt seen yet will be what causes him to lose by knockout. I think Conor will prove to be quicker and will get to Floyd like others couldnt both with the trash talk and in the ring. Conor has the edge.

By the way it annoys me when people like Chael Sonnen...claim Conor has no chance because "its the same as a boxer stepping into an octagon, they will lose!" "we seen with James Toney", OK thats a given Chael...you should know out of all people, ANY fight that involves grounding an opponent that doesnt have the ground skill offense/defense will likely lose, its really common sense in that aspect.
Um no I'm sure there are other ppl out that are misleading themselves into thinking Conor has a chance for whatever reason.

You see, when you start dropping lines like Mayweather is maybe "the best ever" I just have to stop reading. You have to be below the age of 30 to think he's anywhere close to being the best ever.

How's that Kool-aid taste, TS?

It's hilarious that anyone would consider Floyd the greatest ever. Could you imagine him against Tommy Hearns? Floyd would be sleeping in the first round. The fact is that the quality of boxers today is very low. Conor will prove that when he embarrasses Mayweather.

I am a Conor McGregor fan and I think Floyd have fought bigger, stronger, faster, more powerful and more technical fighters than Conor before, and made it look easy so, I dont think Conor has a chance at all

We dont even know if the kind of power Conor generates on MMA gloves translates to boxing at all.

But I am still watching that fight and rooting for McGregor

this is true, is like to say any random guy can fight GSP and not being koed because GSP only fights safe and has not koed anyone in years lol

I just want everyone to think about this real quick...

So you're telling me that a guy who has gotten caught by a Diaz brother, tends to fade in 3 rounds of a fight, and isn't a professional boxer at all is somehow going to not only stop but some people think KO one of the greatest boxers of all time?

49 other PROFESSIONAL boxers have tried and FAILED, yet your great MMA hope is going to get it done??? Stop it. Just stop it.

No you're not the only one, there are a lot of dumbfucks out there that think like you.

Back