Am I the only one that thinks Conor has a chance against Floyd?

Absolutely not TS, you're not the only one who thinks Conor has a chance. There's a whole portion of the population feels that way, they're called Mental Retards.
HA!!! Im just going to reply to that so this quote gets read again on this thread..top post!!

There is probably a better chance of Connor not landing a single thing on Floyd than him actually winning.

This is the combat equivalent of making a highschool football team play the Patriots.

Floyd has a better chance against conor in mma than conor does against floyd in boxing

Mayweather will win by DQ.
He's going to frustrate Conor with his boxing and once Conor has had enough he pushes Mayweather to the ground and beats the shit out of him.

he has a different style in that hes not a boxer.

call it a "different style".

Ill call it inexperience.

First I will say, I am NOT at all a Conor McGregor fan. I will admit to his phenomenal talent and would support any MMA fighter against Floyd Mayweather IF they had a chance, I believe in this case they do.

The fight is more likely to happen now that even Dana White is claiming that its "likely to happen", besides whether or not you think it will happen or not is irrelevant we can still discuss what would happen. Also Mayweather announced last week that he is no longer retired and that he wants to finally get it out with UFC star Conor McGregor after months of verbal jousting between the pair.

Mayweather is considered to be the best boxer in the world today arguably ever. That being said, he is a retired fighter, at the age of 40. Conor is in the prime of his career and unlike most fighters he likes to specialize in movement which contributes to lots of his success in the octagon. I wouldn't be surprised if the fight was a stale mate for a good while since both fighters are extremely great in defensive striking/countering.

I believe Conor has more of a chance than many critics give him and that's understandable. 49 boxers tried to dethrone Mayweeather and 49 failed. They were boxers and I think the fact that Conor is not a boxer but a completely different style that Mayweather hasnt seen yet will be what causes him to lose by knockout. I think Conor will prove to be quicker and will get to Floyd like others couldnt both with the trash talk and in the ring. Conor has the edge.

By the way it annoys me when people like Chael Sonnen...claim Conor has no chance because "its the same as a boxer stepping into an octagon, they will lose!" "we seen with James Toney", OK thats a given Chael...you should know out of all people, ANY fight that involves grounding an opponent that doesnt have the ground skill offense/defense will likely lose, its really common sense in that aspect.

Absolutely no chance in hell

Comor has zero chance

Conir like to set things up with Floyd he won't be able to

Floyd is undefeated against every boxer that has tried to beat him

Canelo could not touch Floyd

This is a money fight for Floyd and he will embarrass Conor out there

Yes hes bigger and if he lands cleanly atleast once then it can definitely end the fight.
This because floyd has never fought someone bigger who can punch.

Seriously though connors boxing level is far far below other boxers that floyd made look bad.

The problem is he has to do whatever Floyd wants. So that means glove size and all. They should box with MMA gloves. But Floyd would never agree. So much of his D is about his boxing gloves..

He has a punchers chance if that, he'll most likely get schooled but i can't help but imagine the shitstorm that would happen afterwards if he somehow ko'd floyd

First I will say, I am NOT at all a Conor McGregor fan. I will admit to his phenomenal talent and would support any MMA fighter against Floyd Mayweather IF they had a chance, I believe in this case they do.

The fight is more likely to happen now that even Dana White is claiming that its "likely to happen", besides whether or not you think it will happen or not is irrelevant we can still discuss what would happen. Also Mayweather announced last week that he is no longer retired and that he wants to finally get it out with UFC star Conor McGregor after months of verbal jousting between the pair.

Mayweather is considered to be the best boxer in the world today arguably ever. That being said, he is a retired fighter, at the age of 40. Conor is in the prime of his career and unlike most fighters he likes to specialize in movement which contributes to lots of his success in the octagon. I wouldn't be surprised if the fight was a stale mate for a good while since both fighters are extremely great in defensive striking/countering.

I believe Conor has more of a chance than many critics give him and that's understandable. 49 boxers tried to dethrone Mayweeather and 49 failed. They were boxers and I think the fact that Conor is not a boxer but a completely different style that Mayweather hasnt seen yet will be what causes him to lose by knockout. I think Conor will prove to be quicker and will get to Floyd like others couldnt both with the trash talk and in the ring. Conor has the edge.

By the way it annoys me when people like Chael Sonnen...claim Conor has no chance because "its the same as a boxer stepping into an octagon, they will lose!" "we seen with James Toney", OK thats a given Chael...you should know out of all people, ANY fight that involves grounding an opponent that doesnt have the ground skill offense/defense will likely lose, its really common sense in that aspect.
Youre right that hes got a better chance than most are giving. Given the size difference, and Mayweather can become old suddenly. Happens to every fighter, espescially one that relys alot on his relexes. But i dont think Mayweather would want this fight unless hes been sparring, and knows hes still got it.

Conors lack of experience could also throw May off, because of unpredictability and unorthodox.

But Floyd is smart. Hell fight super defensive for 4-6 rds, then start to open up once Conors power and "pop" goes away.

Floyd has NO problem winning boringly. He WONT get crazy like Aldo.

To sum it up, i give Conor a 7-10% chance..

Youre right that hes got a better chance than most are giving. Given the size difference, and Mayweather can become old suddenly. Happens to every fighter, espescially one that relys alot on his relexes. But i dont think Mayweather would want this fight unless hes been sparring, and knows hes still got it.

Conors lack of experience could also throw May off, because of unpredictability and unorthodox.

Is a lack of footwork, and basic boxing technique unorthodox these days? I thought it was just a lack of footwork and boxing technique....

He's clearly got a punchers chance. He hits a hell of a lot harder than Floyd does. But Mayweather is still clearly a heavy favourite for obvious reasons.

Of course Conor has a chance. In fact, you could even argue that Floyd is a good stylistic opponent for McGregor. Conor would have a much harder time beating the likes of Canelo or GGG than he would Mayweather.

No I think he has a chance he is literally +700 right now gogogoo

A chance, yes... anyone has a chance. if its not breaking the laws of physics, there is a chance of it happening

I have a chance against Floyd. A tiny, astronomically insignificant chance.
Conors chance is better than mine, but on the overall scale, it's also insignificant

One thing that is for sure is that Conor will be in 0 danger from Floyd, certainly much less than in any of his UFC bouts, especially due to boxing gloves

That simple fact means Conor will take control like always, and if succesful at maintaining distance and countering with his left, Conor will stop Mayweather, and i don't even think it will be in the first couple of rounds.

Back