Am I the only one that thinks Conor has a chance against Floyd?

VIPERdude

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
First I will say, I am NOT at all a Conor McGregor fan. I will admit to his phenomenal talent and would support any MMA fighter against Floyd Mayweather IF they had a chance, I believe in this case they do.

The fight is more likely to happen now that even Dana White is claiming that its "likely to happen", besides whether or not you think it will happen or not is irrelevant we can still discuss what would happen. Also Mayweather announced last week that he is no longer retired and that he wants to finally get it out with UFC star Conor McGregor after months of verbal jousting between the pair.

Mayweather is considered to be the best boxer in the world today arguably ever. That being said, he is a retired fighter, at the age of 40. Conor is in the prime of his career and unlike most fighters he likes to specialize in movement which contributes to lots of his success in the octagon. I wouldn't be surprised if the fight was a stale mate for a good while since both fighters are extremely great in defensive striking/countering.

I believe Conor has more of a chance than many critics give him and that's understandable. 49 boxers tried to dethrone Mayweeather and 49 failed. They were boxers and I think the fact that Conor is not a boxer but a completely different style that Mayweather hasnt seen yet will be what causes him to lose by knockout. I think Conor will prove to be quicker and will get to Floyd like others couldnt both with the trash talk and in the ring. Conor has the edge.

By the way it annoys me when people like Chael Sonnen...claim Conor has no chance because "its the same as a boxer stepping into an octagon, they will lose!" "we seen with James Toney", OK thats a given Chael...you should know out of all people, ANY fight that involves grounding an opponent that doesnt have the ground skill offense/defense will likely lose, its really common sense in that aspect.

SF8MzIP.gif

Depends on the ref a bit. I remember in the early rounds of the Ricky Hatton fight, he'd get inside against the ropes and just as he'd start digging at Floyd's ribs they'd get seperated. It was very frustrate!

Conor is bigger, younger, and not retired old boxer at the tail end of his career. The guy is like a genius when it comes to battle, is a southpaw, and likes to trap his opponents in the cage. With older boxers, they usually retire for a reason. I give Conor a 25% chance to pull off the upset.

Haha.. Its possible. But why didn' t conor become a pro boxer?!

Plenty of us think Conor will destroy Floyd. You're far from the only delusional nuthugger. Let's nuthug in delusion together mate. Conor McGOAT bless. 49-1 MMA + Boxing GOATHOOD here we go.

I am sure Conor is with you.

But seriously, I'd say a haymaker in the first 2/3 could happen.
Not likely, but odder things have happened

Yes hes bigger and if he lands cleanly atleast once then it can definitely end the fight.

Anyone has a chance in a fight, even Ronda against male fighters as the old debate went.

As far as how much of a chance, Conor has more than what many people are suggesting. Definitely more than 1%.

No. He won't be quicker, he's not even in the same league as Floyd when it comes to defense or countering and he most certainly won't "get to Floyd" with his trash talk.

What do you figure he's going to say to fluster Floyd? He can't talk about money cause Floyd has way more, he can't talk about PPV numbers and shit because Floyd owns all the records. Do you thing Floyd will give a shit if he calls him a midget or not a real fighter cause he won't.

If anything Floyd has all the ammo when it comes to trash talk since he's never lost, owns all the PPV records has way more money and answers to no one but him self. Conor is overmatched in every aspect of this thing and is only even doing because he'll make a shit load of money.

keep in mind Floyd has no problem making a boring fight since he got paid already lol
I-am-rich-floyd-mayweather-throwing-money.gif

Let me just put it into perspective for you. Floyd mayweather is arguably the best pure boxer of all time. The best boxers of his era couldnt beat him and he clowned many very good fighters like canelo who have trained their whole lives in boxing . Do you know how easy it would be for him to fight a guy who isnt even a boxer? Conor trains MMA hes not a boxer, in boxing hes probably a c level bum.

There is no evidence that Conor even has a punchers chance. We dont actually know how hard he hits in 8 ounce gloves. Boxer Ray Mercer hit men 300 times in one night in a Boxing ring, but it only took him 8 seconds and one punch to take out a recently dethroned UFC champion who had never been Koed. After the fight Mercer remarked that he felt like he could knockout a polar bear in those tiny gloves. People for some reason are ignoring this issue. I think there is no way that Conor hits as hard as Canelo or Mosley, and at the same time he doesn't have an eighth of their skill.

Essentially, Conor has close to zero percent chance of winning that fight.

Yes hes bigger and if he lands cleanly atleast once then it can definitely end the fight.

Tell that to Canelo Alverez, a far better punch and just as big not to mention younger, didn't work out to well for him.

I hate Floyd but Conor doesn't even have a punchers chance.

Conor won't have as much power in boxing gloves and he doesn't have the skill to make up for it. Floyd has beaten much bigger guys than Conor that punch a lot harder.

Back