Am I Imagining Things or Did Barao Get Hit by the Same Combo Multiple Times?

Vulcan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
if u can call throwing 2 punches a combo

{<doc}

Barao looked rough last night against a guy ive never even heard of. Its crazy to think he was thought of as being the p4p best because of his striking. His jiu jitsu actually looked realy decent though. He needs to change his style and focus on grappling.

Its starting to get to that stage with Barao that I fear he would struggle with CM Punk to be honest.

I thought the same thing TS. Barao got hit with the same 1-2 all night long.

Barao looked rough last night against a guy ive never even heard of. Its crazy to think he was thought of as being the p4p best because of his striking. His jiu jitsu actually looked realy decent though. He needs to change his style and focus on grappling.

at this point he's literally the brazilian hendricks. Crazy how they declined so significantly after USADA showed up. very intradesting...

at this point he's literally the brazilian hendricks. Crazy how they declined so significantly after USADA showed up. very intradesting...

Barao declined before USADA.

Keep up.

nah he didn't

Yep, got waxed by TJ back in 2014, way before USADA.

Then under USADA the same two guys had basically the same exact fight.

Yep, got waxed by TJ back in 2014, way before USADA.

Then under USADA the same two guys had basically the same exact fight.

he was doing well in the first fight. sometimes people have your number or just get lucky. Look at Edgar/Henderson 1. same shit bro. i dunno why you're fighting me so hard over this, it was a broad generalization with some hyperbole. I was still technically correct since he began to decline heavily after the losses to TJ, which came NOT from USADA's presence but from luck and bad matchup-ing.

sorry bro you lose

Barao declined before USADA.

Keep up.
I can't imagine a reason for the decline other than that, he looked like absolute shit last night. losing to what looked like a great opponent is understandable but i can't see a guy like Dominic Cruz getting smoked by someone on their first ufc bout.
I think we call all agree Barao Is cooked.

Barao is straight up shot. He's just taking unnecessary damage at this point.

Dude is totally shot.

Too much mileage, too much damage in his fights with TJ, too hard of weight cuts, no longer has urgency or killer instinct in cage.

Feels bad man.

I can't imagine a reason for the decline other than that ...

Barao's about the same size as Aldo and yet wrecked himself to cut to 135 a shitload of times. That'll catch up with a mofo's internal organs eventually. (It also explains Aldo saying a few years ago he felt he could make 135.)

http%3A%2F%2Fi.huffpost.com%2Fgen%2F1597748%2Fimages%2Fn-JOS-ALDO-E-RENAN-BARO-628x314.jpg

he was doing well in the first fight. sometimes people have your number or just get lucky. Look at Edgar/Henderson 1. same shit bro ...

Edgar/Bendo was the opposite. Bendo comfortably won the first, Frankie comfortably won the second (and was robbed). With TJ and Barao the two fights were essentially the same dynamic.

To be fair your Hendricks comparison isn't wildly off the mark, since both Barao and Johny were notorious for doing years of body-wrecking weight cuts. It's just that unlike Johny Barao was "exposed" well before USADA came along, whereas Johny's fall began several months into USADA's reign.

Last edited:
Just showing up for a paycheque at this point, -30% of course. If Barão takes another fight and missed weight he’ll have given a whole payday away lol.

I can't imagine a reason for the decline other than that, he looked like absolute shit last night. losing to what looked like a great opponent is understandable but i can't see a guy like Dominic Cruz getting smoked by someone on their first ufc bout.
I think we call all agree Barao Is cooked.
other than being destroyed by dillashaw twice. he took his soul

other than being destroyed by dillashaw twice. he took his soul
I don't disagree with the whooping he took but Dillashaw is the furthest thing from unproven though.

1,2 1,2 1,2 1,2 1,2 1,2 1,2 1,2 1,2 1,2 1, 2

Barao be like mmmmmyes gimme more of those juicy double basic combos

Barao never had the greatest striking honestly. he had a good jab, a good leg kick, and a good spinning kick. but he's getting older in a division were age really does matters and he's cardio is getting noticeably worse.

Back