am I crazy?

savemgs

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
What's up Sherdog I wanted to get some opinions.
I was having a discussion in the boxing foums and I was shocked to see they are completely delusional.
Although the reason I am asking maybe I'm the crazy one I don't know.

We got into a discussion about the world heavyweight boxing champion fighting a top MMA fighter.In street fight in my reply back I said you don't need a top heavyweight I can drag Dan the Beast Severn out of the old folks home and he would completely embarrass any heavyweight boxer on the planet for the most part.

Am I right Am I Wrong I Don't Know.

But what I do know somebody who was wrestling for 20 years
Then spent the next 20 in MMA
Learning fundamental striking. And how to defend against it.
And doing Jiu-Jitsu during that time.
Would embarrass anybody who didn't train takedown defense and has no knowledge of jujitsu and amateur wrestling.

Discuss.

No, you are not crazy (maybe about Royce hanging with Maia and Shields). Any top heavy boxer would get absolutely demolished by MMA's top heavies in a street fight. Severn would most likely ragdoll all of them as well, but his age is getting up there. I would of used an example like Chris Tushscherer. A ridiculous looking, above average MMA heavyweight that would destroy and embarrass all the boxers you could throw at him in a street fight.

Any top heavy boxer would get absolutely demolished by MMA's top heavies in a street fight.

No because all the top boxers earn enough money to bring security with them and they'd kick the shit out of the lone MMA fighter in this theoretical street fight or are street fight 1 on 1 with no weapons? Are there rules to a street fight?

It's a stupid discussion.

Turns out that the best sports person in a street fight is an Olympic level trap shooter.

Wow, this has never been discussed before.

No, you are not crazy (maybe about Royce hanging with Maia and Shields). Any top heavy boxer would get absolutely demolished by MMA's top heavies in a street fight. Severn would most likely ragdoll all of them as well, but his age is getting up there. I would of used an example like Chris Tushscherer. A ridiculous looking, above average MMA heavyweight that would destroy and embarrass all the boxers you could throw at him in a street fight.

Just so ppl know i did not say
Royce would win.

No because all the top boxers earn enough money to bring security with them and they'd kick the shit out of the lone MMA fighter in this theoretical street fight or are street fight 1 on 1 with no weapons? Are there rules to a street fight?

It's a stupid discussion.

Turns out that the best sports person in a street fight is an Olympic level trap shooter.

Then don't post if it's a stupid discussion. And no reason to destroy his scenario with silly situations. Yes, we all know there are no rules in a street fight. But you also knew exactly what he was talking about, meaning 1 on 1 in the street with no weapons, what would be the most common outcome between a boxer and MMA fighter. No reason to be an ass.

depends on the boxer, no rules? i could see Tyson gnawing a guys face off, who wants to deal with that? even if a wrestler takes him down, he could start eating into his face.

street fight talk in general is ridiculous, usually multiple people can get involved, weapons, objects could be involved, law enforcement, anything can happen there is no structure or rules, realistically there is almost no guarantee that it will be a fair fight, thats why you compete in the ring or cage

What's up Sherdog I wanted to get some opinions.
I was having a discussion in the boxing foums and I was shocked to see they are completely delusional.
Although the reason I am asking maybe I'm the crazy one I don't know.

We got into a discussion about the world heavyweight boxing champion fighting a top MMA fighter.In street fight in my reply back I said you don't need a top heavyweight I can drag Dan the Beast Severn out of the old folks home and he would completely embarrass any heavyweight boxer on the planet for the most part.

Am I right Am I Wrong I Don't Know.

But what I do know somebody who was wrestling for 20 years
Then spent the next 20 in MMA
Learning fundamental striking. And how to defend against it.
And doing Jiu-Jitsu during that time.
Would embarrass anybody who didn't train takedown defense and has no knowledge of jujitsu and amateur wrestling.

Discuss.

It's stupid to think of street fights as sports or equal competition TS.

The guy who responds quickest wins, it's a street fight anything can happen and at this point BJJ, TDs aren't a secret nuclear weapon.

Boxers may not know TDD but they know how to use their feet and GTFO of your way and maybe ding you while you face=dive for the asplault going 4 their knee. You get a football player or Sumo who practices charging all day and you make one mistake and a 300lb guy going 30mph with you into a steel plate is not fun no matter how good your submissions and can KTFO.

It's not science/// I saw a rock climber dirtbag hippy w 0 experience BEAT a seasoned BJJ guys ass cuz just cuz he was faster and stronger. The BJJ guy went for his Ankle and the dude was literally like WTF is this but he moved right away. He had NO CLUE what move it was but as soon as he saw a dude try grabbing for his ankles, he moved and punched simple as that.

But don't worry you will learn Newbie.

The best way to improve your fighting skills and get more girls Newbie is to Spend some more time on Sherdog and it's secret elite inner social cirlces/// most of us on here are seasoned Street Fighters and Athletes and can train you over the web

Last edited:
This topic again. Streetfights are not the same as an MMA bout and im sure guys like young tyson or foreman who had plenty of streetfights growing up would knock somebody like old dan severn (no dishespect) out pretty fast.

This topic again. Streetfights are not the same as an MMA bout and im sure guys like young tyson or foreman who had plenty of streetfights growing up would knock somebody like old dan severn (no dishespect) out pretty fast.

Good point Stevey!! It was great seeing you at that WW forum rager last nite bw, who was that model?

Thats bad example Severn is old school. more brutal but comeon Less competition. dont think hed hang w n e pro combat athlete today.

Boxing is higher level than most MMA schools because MORE hard sparring HISTORY. there is guys cuddling and talking to me in BJJ lets be real BROS.
ed5b464a633d82a0925baf50b9e37e1d.jpg

Back