Am I concussed?

Boomb

Hate the game, not the player.
@red
Reaction score
As I wrote several times. I've been training Muay Thai for quite some time. So...on wednesday I sparred with this guy that's quite new and he doesn't have the feeling yet, therefore he goes really hard...I caught him a couple times, got overconfident, distracted and he caught me right on the chin with a really hard shot. It didn't knocked me down or anything and I finished the round successfully (busting his nose with the right straight and so on...)

The next round I went with a guy that was really tired so we went really light and I finished the training with no problems. On Thursday and yesterday I went running, but I've been feeling really strange for the last couple of days...

On wednesday I had the worst headache and I could barely fall asleep and I've also been dizzy the whole time.

It begins to freak me out, I've been knocked down in sparring before, I got my ass kicked before but I've never felt this way....

Am I concussed and is it a bad idea to run?

p.s. Even today I'm still dizzy and I woke up with a light headache.

Last edited:
Go see a doctor...

I don't know...the last time this happened (I really got my ass kicked that time and for the finish I got caught with a high kick in the head, my ears were ringing and when I drove home I forgot were I was going.

I went to the doctor a couple of days later and she prescribed me some anxiety pills that I didn't even pick up in the pharmacy.

So you wont do what a doctor tells you, but you are willing to take advices from nobodies in a forum...

Go see a doctor... if you don't trust what he says, go see a second one...

So you wont do what a doctor tells you,

The last time I went I told her that I have anxiety attacks (I really had them) and everyone knows that this is because of head trauma. All she did was to prescribe me some anxiety pills...f*ck that.

but you are willing to take advices from nobodies in a forum...

I can't seem to find the "Ask the fighter" forum, so that's why I asked here.

If you have to ask, ..then you probably have a concussion.

Rest for a month or until you feel normal again and take fish oil-- studies show that helps repair a lot of the damage from concussions.

Yes. The damage is finally accumulating and catching up to you.

Last edited:
Yeah...that's what I was thinking as well...
Good news is that despite what people say, you can sort of 'reset' your damage meter with a long time off sparring, supplementation, and cardio (both of the last two are either neuroprotective or stimulate neurogenisis)

, supplementation, and cardio

Do you mean off supplementation and off cardio? Does this mean no running for some time?

And I'm going to buy fish oil tomorrow.

Do you mean off supplementation and off cardio? Does this mean no running for some time?

And I'm going to buy fish oil tomorrow.
No I mean correct supplementation with the eventual adding of cardio. Something like biking where your head doesn't jiggle in your brain. Only go as intense/long without feeling symptoms. First week or two take off but after that it's good to start adding cardio imo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back