Always Feel Rough After Training

FozzyTime

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
So I eat 2k Calories a day and train Mauy 2 times a week, Boxing Once, Jujitsu 2 times. walk around at 85-90kg (trying to drop some weight for when i start fighting) Been Training for MMA now around 8 months.

I also Drink at least 2.5L a day of water

I have recently been really drained after my work outs, Feeling Moody, So tired i'm falling asleep, major muscle soreness and crap in general.

Any Idea what this could be? Nothing has changed really. I feel like im training better and harder than ever.

Took the Week off and really ate more in hopes of feeling slightly better. But im worried at putting on weight.

Any advice would be great.

How much do you sleep?

Thanks for the reply

Around 6-8 Hours, i don't drink alcohol often either, most weeks i go without any. When i do go out my hangovers are Epic so i keep a night out to once a month at most.

Try taking magnesium, zinc, C and B Vits.

Also, what part of the world do you live in?

Like someone already said what is your diet like?

What do you do apart from train? Job, study?

Look outside your training to the rest of your life, do you have any other outside stress?

If you are happy with the above try taking your intake to 2.2k and see how you feel.

I'm from Birmingham England. Electrical Engineer. My job can be stressful but in general i'm a relaxed person.

I eat Chicken and vegtables, salads, lean beef, fish (oil and white), oats, high protein yogurts. typical 'Clean eating' foods

Magnesium and zinc is not something i know much about.

So I eat 2k Calories a day and train Mauy 2 times a week, Boxing Once, Jujitsu 2 times. walk around at 85-90kg (trying to drop some weight for when i start fighting) Been Training for MMA now around 8 months.

I also Drink at least 2.5L a day of water

I have recently been really drained after my work outs, Feeling Moody, So tired i'm falling asleep, major muscle soreness and crap in general.

Any Idea what this could be? Nothing has changed really. I feel like im training better and harder than ever.

Took the Week off and really ate more in hopes of feeling slightly better. But im worried at putting on weight.

Any advice would be great.
How much weight are you losing at 2000 calories? Also how long have you been on a deficit?

How much weight are you losing at 2000 calories? Also how long have you been on a deficit?

He should be losing about 2Ib a week.

What's your macro like on your diet Fozzy?

I try to keep a 40/30/30 split

I was in deficit for around 2 months until last week. Bear in mind i lost around 20kg a little over a year ago on the same diet plan and didn't feel bad at all, but i was not training MMA then, just lifting and cardio.

Do you eat anything before/after training?

I try to keep a 40/30/30 split

I was in deficit for around 2 months until last week. Bear in mind i lost around 20kg a little over a year ago on the same diet plan and didn't feel bad at all, but i was not training MMA then, just lifting and cardio.

Well if your training is the only thing that has changed, then maybe your over training or you just need to eat more?

I feel terrible after training as well, mentally I feel pretty good but physically I feel terrible, I always have done really, I started to box around 10yr ago and now train mostly jits, after a decent session of rolling Im completely done. I had my testosterone levels checked the day after training once and they were very very low, so low they almost threw me straight on TRT, maybe something to do with hormones as my diet is almost always in check..........

Thanks for the reply

Around 6-8 Hours, i don't drink alcohol often either, most weeks i go without any. When i do go out my hangovers are Epic so i keep a night out to once a month at most.

More sleep (9-10 hours on hard training days)

Less alcohol even if you do it once a month

Clean food.

Back