Alvarez To Sign Step-Aside, Adonis Stevenson vs. Badou Jack Next?

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
It's now being reported that Eleider Alvarez, who is the mandatory challenger to WBC light heavyweight champion Adonis Stevenson, is going to sign a step-side deal - which is going to open the door for a potential fight between Stevenson and Jack.

Alvarez has been the mandatory challenger, for two years, to Stevenson's title. Stevenson (29-1, 24 KOs) and Alvarez (23-0, 11 KOs) are both advised by Al Haymon and promoted by Yvon Michel of GYM.

jack-stevenson.jpg

http://www.boxingscene.com/alvarez-sign-step-aside-adonis-stevenson-vs-badou-jack-next--123001

Badou vs Adonis is a good fight I preferred it to Alvarez any day

Why take step-aside money, when you can fight for the title and win it, then you could fight Jack for more money, plus get more money fighting a rematch with Adonis. Or maybe he figures, I will get the title shot anyway, why not get a check for doing nothing.

But by doing this, you never know what could happen, you could get hurt with a freak injury, then have to wait, or may never box again, then your Boxing Immortality by being A Champion will never happen, you will just be remembered for just being a good fighter, or not even remembered at all .

I would try to win the title right now, as soon as i can and not wait.

I wish he would stop taking step aside money but maybe a check for doing nothing is hard to resist.

Jack will break Stevenson I think.

Years of fighting no one is going to bite Adonis in his super ass and Jack is going to pound him out with inside work.

We can hope. Stevenson has been a complete bust as "champion" despite his talk, and it's always nice to see a humble hard working dude like Jack, fucked over by boxing a lot, beat a guy like Adonis.

We don't know how good Stevenson really is he's fought people most knew he'd beat but there was always the "____ will beat him" Jack is a live dog I'd favour Stevenson. But, Jack could be a live dog at this weight. Imagine Jack vs Kovalev Jack is a great fast body puncher.

Alvarez signed a 5 fight deal for 100k a fight as well as got step aside money. He is al about the money Yvon Michel is a crooked promoter and the WBC is eating out of his hand. He's close friends with the WBC supervisor.

If Jack fights a smart fight i think he can take Adonis to deep waters and break his body down. But don't underestimate Stevenson's straight left, he has thunderous power, and Jack's chin has already been cracked.

That might be true Adonis is 40 years old he's got about 1 or 2 more title defenses and after that he should be done, father time is knocking at his door big time, but Adonis has that big power punch and power is the last thing that leaves a boxer.

I predict that Adonis loses his next title defense unless he fights a bum then tries to get his title back but fails, then fights nobodies and wins a lesser title then retire.

Stevenson is at least a gym rat. he spends so much time in the gym for a guy that fights 10 minutes a year. the Stevenson that couldnt put fonfara away in the first fight will lose to Jack maybe, I do see stevenson winning the early rounds but could see stevenson losing down the stretch. with the WBC in the pocket of stevenson promoter I wouldnt put money on jack.

Back