Alternative to "Mighty Johnson"

Frankie was small at LW. Do you think TJ is a small BW?? I've never said that guys can't move up in weight. But guys can't just go down in weight when they are cutting massively just for the opportunity for a title shot. If TJ really wanted to make a real transition to FLW then fine but that is not what we are talking about. Your hater bias is obvious.
Weight cutting is part of the sport. I harbour feelings of complete indifference towards Johnson and not hate. If he hadn't tried to wriggle out of a fight with TJ and had actually beaten him, I'm pretty sure that would have changed. But no, he wanted an easy feed for his record breaking fight. Sadly so did Borg. Literally.

I absolutely am not. Marketable fighters are getting paid just fine ALL the time. Hats off to the unmarketable fighters doing their part to fix it, and I'll blatantly hate on those who think it's the UFC's problem.
I hope you're not one of the ones crying about fighter pay. Because this was about fighter pay.

I think TJ is 5'7" and there are 14 rostered flyweights this height or taller. He has been cutting weight his whole life, if he earned a belt he would absolutely drop a few pounds and defend it. Question, was my hater bias ever concealed? I mean look at my av...
Frankie was small at LW. Do you think TJ is a small BW?? I've never said that guys can't move up in weight. But guys can't just go down in weight when they are cutting massively just for the opportunity for a title shot. If TJ really wanted to make a real transition to FLW then fine but that is not what we are talking about. Your hater bias is obvious.

Monkey Mouse

QuarterlyJampackedDogwoodtwigborer.gif

Weight cutting is part of the sport. I harbour feelings of complete indifference towards Johnson and not hate. If he hadn't tried to wriggle out of a fight with TJ and had actually beaten him, I'm pretty sure that would have changed. But no, he wanted an easy feed for his record breaking fight. Sadly so did Borg. Literally.

Shockingly the Flyweight champ wants to fight flyweights. Amazing.

He did.

And he still has apologists everywhere.

Maybe you missed my sarcasm. I care not at all if a champion doesn't defend against someone in a higher weight class. There are weight classes for a reason.

Shockingly the Flyweight champ wants to fight flyweights. Amazing.
TJ would have been a FLy Weight at the weigh in, unlike the massively inferior guy the champ wanted to fight instead. It's a farce.

TJ would have been a FLy Weight at the weigh in, unlike the massively inferior guy the champ wanted to fight instead. It's a farce.

Being able to make weight for one or two fights doesn't mean TJ is a flyweight IMO. He is only interested in fighting there for a chance at the title. He didn't care to fight at flyweight before that.

Being able to make weight for one or two fights doesn't mean TJ is a flyweight IMO. He is only interested in fighting there for a chance at the title. He didn't care to fight at flyweight before that.
That's surely true. But who cares. It would have been a way more interesting fight and if TJ can make weight I don't see a problem. If MM had taken it and won it would have given his profile a huge boost.

Back