Television ALTERED CARBON (Renewed for Season 2 with New Star Anthony Mackie)

Into episode 4, not sure how I feel. High quality production, acting is good. Fight scenes looks authentic, blood and guys real, weaponry believable. Settings are tight. Better than some of the other Netflix offerings of the last few years. A bit soulless but I've seen less soul in shows. Pretty impressive overall.

Into episode 4, not sure how I feel. High quality production, acting is good. Fight scenes looks authentic, blood and guys real, weaponry believable. Settings are tight. Better than some of the other Netflix offerings of the last few years. A bit soulless but I've seen less soul in shows. Pretty impressive overall.
I binged 7 episodes last night..me and my wifey stumbled on it channel surfing..

Fucking awesome...Just fucking awesome..I woke up this morning anticipating watching next three episodes.

My thoughts,

This show is sci if done right.. I haven’t read the book but the dark,dirty,shameless future is spot on. It nice look at our societies views on mortality/financial status/politics/etc. and how tech will effect them. Setting is great.

The hotel and concierge are awesome,very great actor there.

I’m sure this might be a addressed in movie/show but I didn’t understand something..

In the museum when he sees the fallen envoys disc thingys...why not steal them and just resleeve his former crew into new bodies?

So I finished the entire series today and I stand by my episode 1 review

This is a 7/10 and nothing more. Kinnaman brings it down as does most of the casting(Female latino cop)

Visuals are good so that's why it gets a 7

She grew on me as the show went on....I can't quite put me finger on why

<{ohyeah}>

6.5-7 out of 10

Blade Runner + Deus Ex + Demolition Man

Being a fan of Sci-Fi was enough to like it. The visuals and naked ladies was enough to get past some stiff acting. It took a few episodes to get a handle on where they were trying to take me.

Joel Kinneman was decent, but he got a bit to go before he can be considered a bonafied action star. Poe by far was the best character in the show.

Ortega naked?
NnWE45N.gif

Pretty cool but nothing to be excited about

The show reminds me of the game The Witcher

Looks good.

I'm actually new to Netflix and didn't know they release the entire series at once. That's pretty dope. I thought I'd have to wait weekly for another ep and forget what happened in the previous one.

They're making that a show too!
Another GOAT game to add to the pile of ruined TV/film

I binged 7 episodes last night..me and my wifey stumbled on it channel surfing..

Fucking awesome...Just fucking awesome..I woke up this morning anticipating watching next three episodes.

I think most people are rating this way too low. I'm kind of disappointed and it's a bit confounding considering many of the Neflix offerings that are starting to feel The same (particularly Marvel). And topping off that statement is the fact that scifi isn't even one of my favorite genre's. I did see Blade Runner, but a) that's a movie, and b) it was made with Hollywood a-list movie actors and matching budget.

For a series, this one is very high quality as far as effects, set, costumes, choreography and directing. It feels easily on par with the best of anything Netflix has put out.

The fight scenes are phenomenal. Again, the weaponry, amunition, bullet damage etc believable and visceral in the vein of Equilibrium or John Wick.

Also, I don't know why the flack on the main actor. I actually like him a lot and het got himself jacked and shredded for the role (coming from his great job in The Killing).

The only drawback for me is that it's a little confusing and requires close attention, which, unfortunately I didn't have a ton of considering I was cheating and doing some work at the same time, concentrating as best I could.

I'd have to grade this as an 8/10 or better so far for overall quality. I could see it garnering higher ratings from many and anything under a 7.5 seems way too low, even cruel.

The mexican chick has a great body. Nice thicks, body width is good. I wish all the girls at the Hong Kong Club look like her. But I cannot understand half the things she says. Her spanish accent emphasizes the wrong syllables in the words when she speaks.

I think most people are rating this way too low. I'm kind of disappointed and it's a bit confounding considering many of the Neflix offerings that are starting to feel The same (particularly Marvel). And topping off that statement is the fact that scifi isn't even one of my favorite genre's. I did see Blade Runner, but a) that's a movie, and b) it was made with Hollywood a-list movie actors and matching budget.

For a series, this one is very high quality as far as effects, set, costumes, choreography and directing. It feels easily on par with the best of anything Netflix has put out.

The fight scenes are phenomenal. Again, the weaponry, amunition, bullet damage etc believable and visceral in the vein of Equilibrium or John Wick.

Also, I don't know why the flack on the main actor. I actually like him a lot and het got himself jacked and shredded for the role (coming from his great job in The Killing).

The only drawback for me is that it's a little confusing and requires close attention, which, unfortunately I didn't have a ton of considering I was cheating and doing some work at the same time, concentrating as best I could.

I'd have to grade this as an 8/10 or better so far for overall quality. I could see it garnering higher ratings from many and anything under a 7.5 seems way too low, even cruel.
Truthfully I could see the low rating amongst casual viewers as being a case of (not to sound like an asshole) but shear ignorance...
I’ve noticed shows with complex plots that involve thinking and iq get shitted on by people a lot.

This has parallels to cloud atlas as far as complexities... I loved cloud atlas and Remembered reading a lot of people bashing it over there inability to keep up with the plot.

I personally enjoy movies/shows that make you think,introspectively and outwardly. This definitely doesn’t hand the viewer the details on a silver platter but doesn’t over complicate it neither.

Acting is as spot on as it needs to be...how the abuelo sleeve went down was about as cool as anyone could want...three characters in one is badass. As far as main actor, I think he’s doing great, he’s got a cold lost vibe going..about as much as you would think a guy would have being on ice for 250 years and thrown into a blender.
I think they could have made him a little more refined and calculated,or at least show his inner thoughts more to highlight his envoy intuition...it does seem like sometimes he has it and sometimes he just says fuck it. But I’d say that’s more of a gripe with the writing and not the actor himself.

@MadSquabbles500
I personally think the Spanish accent was over pronounced but really small gripe considering her body is perfection lol..

I find it curious that regional accents are as in tact as they are in 300 years future...I personally think the English language would be way different in the future considering how much it has already involved in the last 100 years..globalization,I would think would dilute a Spanish accent over time..
I think Netflix was just capitalizing on strong Latina character.

But hot damn she’s fine.

@MadSquabbles500
I personally think the Spanish accent was over pronounced but really small gripe considering her body is perfection lol..

I find it curious that regional accents are as in tact as they are in 300 years future...I personally think the English language would be way different in the future considering how much it has already involved in the last 100 years..globalization,I would think would dilute a Spanish accent over time..

But hot damn she’s fine.

Yeh, she is fine. I was hoping she take off her clothes.

Truthfully I could see the low rating amongst casual viewers as being a case of (not to sound like an asshole) but shear ignorance...
I’ve noticed shows with complex plots that involve thinking and iq get shitted on by people a lot.

This has parallels to cloud atlas as far as complexities... I loved cloud atlas and Remembered reading a lot of people bashing it over there inability to keep up with the plot.

I personally enjoy movies/shows that make you think,introspectively and outwardly. This definitely doesn’t hand the viewer the details on a silver platter but doesn’t over complicate it neither.

Acting is as spot on as it needs to be...how the abuelo sleeve went down was about as cool as anyone could want...three characters in one is badass. As far as main actor, I think he’s doing great, he’s got a cold lost vibe going..about as much as you would think a guy would have being on ice for 250 years and thrown into a blender.
I think they could have made him a little more refined and calculated,or at least show his inner thoughts more to highlight his envoy intuition...it does seem like sometimes he has it and sometimes he just says fuck it. But I’d say that’s more of a gripe with the writing and not the actor himself.

@MadSquabbles500

But hot damn she’s fine.

*Sheer

I'll give it a 6.5/10. I would of rated it much higher if not for the last few episodes. And sister was just such a shit character. By far the most poorly written character imo.

This has turned out to be a great show. Good thing there is another novel or two in the series.

They spared nothing for production value. This should win every award.

Netflix has Narcos, The Last Kingdom, and now Altered Carbon. They are kicking everyone's arse.

The final few schemes of last episode reminds me of Westworld, with the high in the clouds, the dilemna between tho two Kovacs life reminds me of the last scene in Sixth Day, and the dilemna betweeen the Bancrofts husband and wife remind me of Zeus and Hera.

Shows like this make me wish I had taken up drama classes, or learned to write fiction and shit. This truly is the highest form of artistic expression.

And they have different directors, yet so consistent from episode to episode.

Only had time to watch the first two episodes, would give it 8,5/10...I hope it gets even better.

2 episodes in and i already cant stand the cop

Back