Television ALTERED CARBON (Renewed for Season 2 with New Star Anthony Mackie)

Cyberpunk is owned by Shadowrun.

Would give right nut for Shadowrun series.

I loved the Shadowrun world, it was fantastic, but in terms of pure cyberpunk Gibson is the gold standard.

This show is that shit. It’s lover/friend dealbreaker level of good.

It slowed down the last few episodes as it narrowed its focus on the resolution, but it checked so many boxes along the way that I didn’t give a fuck.

The genre casting helped a lot as well. And I don’t which nerd on set snuck in a dragon’s head katana into the final fight scene, but I appaulded your nerdom.

Kudos to the entire cast signing nudity clauses. Netflix topped HBO in that catergory. And violence. And style. Came closer than anyone else in backstory. Which they could have explained a little bit more.

I’m pretty sure I’ll watch it again in about a month or so. Focus on background items I might have missed the first time.

I forgot that this was on Netflix and only watched the first episode. I was going to wait a week for the second.

I know how I'll be spending tomorrow.

Only part way thru the first episode and it's throwing me off how different things are than how I pictured, and yet as I think back to various descriptions I realize this was probably more accurate than what I had been envisioning

never read the book but I was sick yesterday so I blasted through the whole season. I enjoyed it. Lacked some of the quiet, anxiety inducing social commentary sci-fi often does, but enjoyed the show as a whole.

Its bad

Not just bad bad but bad bad bad bad

Are you kidding? First episode was really good. I read about 1/3 of the book but the poor writing turned me off however I still like the idea of re-sleeving. This is another hit for Netflix.

Are you kidding? First episode was really good. I read about 1/3 of the book but the poor writing turned me off however I still like the idea of re-sleeving. This is another hit for Netflix.

Glad you liked it

I thought it was subpar the entire time

Haven't watched it, but I'm always a bit weary of that "Hey look, nerds! It's like Blade Runner!" vibe the trailers seem to exude.

I'll check it out eventually, but something about it seems hollow.

I’ll give it a watch. Hope it’s good!

Well I dont think you have said more than one sentence about the show since you watched the first episode

Must be great

I'd probably agree with your assessment of 7/10 so far. Maybe 7.5/10.

I don't think Kinnaman is dragging the score down though.

I tried to watch this, couldn't make it past 10 minutes. Feels like some shitty network show. Thinks it's gonna fool me into believing it's high-quality work, just by throwing a bunch of production money at the screen. Not today fucko. I see through your bloated Netflix budget, and you ain't got no soul.

I tried to watch this, couldn't make it past 10 minutes. Feels like some shitty network show. Thinks it's gonna fool me into believing it's high-quality work, just by throwing a bunch of production money at the screen. Not today fucko. I see through your bloated Netflix budget, and you ain't got no soul.

You deduced all this in only 10 minutes?

Well its official

Altered Carbon is actually good

The first 5 or 6 episodes were quite good. I feel like the last third (4 more episodes) of the series didnt hold up as well.

It sort of went from gritty and dark, to kind of avengers like. Shitty feel good jokes, and teamwork etc.

Still worth the watch. imo.

Back