Television ALTERED CARBON (Renewed for Season 2 with New Star Anthony Mackie)

i haven't looked too hard at reviews, but it seems like there are a lot of different opinions on the show.

i'll definitely be giving it a try tomorrow though.

My reviews will not take into account the book at all. I have not finished the book so I am going to review this on its own merits

Episode 1: Out of the past
Production value is high and the show looks great
Will Yun Lee > Joel Kinnaman
Most of the casting feels off not just with Kinnaman
The scene with the cops busting into the apartment was great. I really got a Deus Ex from that scene and just overall this show feels more Deus Ex than it is Blade Runner
They really got the look of the neo-noir right with this so far
Soundtrack is almost non existent. Just ambient stuff

My opinion matches up with most of the reviews I have read so far.
Not a great story or great characters but a really awesome vision of the future

7/10

Last edited:
Looks cool as fuck.Will check it out.

30 minutes into episode 2 and I think that my episode 1 review might actually be a series review

Just started and all i can say is....WOW...... in a good way

Oh shit, didn't realize the show started today. I gotta subscribe to Netflix

GOAT sci-fi book IMO

I will check it out if I cant get a date with sexy girl this weekend. Which means I will most likely check this out.

2 episodes in and it is awesome. Immersive world, cool tech, dystopian backdrop and good action.

The AI hotel clerk is fucking great.

Big fan so far and only 1.5 episodes in.

Perfect, I’ll binge watch tonight at my girl’s place. Can’tfucking wait for this. More Kovacs is best Kovacs.

I hope this does well so we can get A Land Fit For Kings tv series. RKM’s better trilogy imo. Both top tier series in their resoecfive genres .

Got the first episode done. God damn i loved it.<Watt1>

I just saw the first episode. Its basically reverse quantum leap, with Elementary / Forever mixed with Blade Runner 2049. But there is a huge problem.

With the other time travel shows you know the previous life and culture because we all took history in school. Or at least you know one of the timelines But we dont know how far into the future the different versions of Kovacs have lived, nor anything about those worlds at that time. We know this is the third incarnation.

There is too much missing back story. In other time travel shows or even episodes, we know about at least one time frames. In this show we are clueless. It is very confusing. What is an Envoy? Has society and tech simply not advanced in 250 yrs? How come none of the characters are acting awkward with each other?

I dont think this show will last.

So I finished the entire series today and I stand by my episode 1 review

This is a 7/10 and nothing more. Kinnaman brings it down as does most of the casting(Female latino cop)

Visuals are good so that's why it gets a 7

I just saw the first episode.

There is too much missing back story. In other time travel shows or even episodes, we know about at least one time frames. In this show we are clueless. It is very confusing. What is an Envoy? Has society and tech simply not advanced in 250 yrs? How come none of the characters are acting awkward with each other?

Try watching more than the first episode

Netflix is the new HBO.

Back