Almost no hype for RIZIN this weekend?

InfinityLens

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
It's Sunday and it seems like there is very little posting on here regarding it? I guess this is the second card they did in a row with not many big names?

It's because it's a BW tournament card. I like to watch the smaller weight classes, but I'm not losing a nights sleep over a JMMA card unless it involves a couple of freak show fights, some legends, and several LHW and HW match-ups.

It's because it's a BW tournament card. I like to watch the smaller weight classes, but I'm not losing a nights sleep over a JMMA card unless it involves a couple of freak show fights, some legends, and several LHW and HW match-ups.

I will.

Well it is on Rizin to get fans to care and I truly believe all they care about is Japan at this time. Which is fine, because if they can't make money at home they won't make money anywhere else. Fan's just need to realize this and not expect Pride 2.0 or 3.0 or whatever crazy number we are on.

I'm honestly luke warm about this event. If I catch somewhere I catch it. If I don't I won't really care either.

<{JustBleed}>

44322-1271997.png

It is a pretty meh card is why. Not a singls fight on there that feels big.

It is a pretty meh card is why. Not a singls fight on there that feels big.

IMO most of the fights seem to be squash matches
Guchi, Amir, Gabi, King Reina, Nasu, Satoru

The undercard looked more even though

Kitaoka was facing people of similar standards most recently in Pancrase and Deep. Yachi deserves a step up after KO'ing Cruickshank. He had a way easlier time than Kitaoka.

Tenshin vs Saiga is a match up of similar experience levels in a ruleset that isn't seen else where.

Amir is 8-1 HW facing a 12-5 Bellator, CES, ex-tuf fighter in King.

Tokoro vs Horiguchi just fun at 135. Dustin Pague almost choked out Guchi at 135.

Well Rizin is mostly squash matches.

Rizin needs to think globally , they should try to invite more mma-journalist from Europe and Northern America, maybe even consider to offer accomodation and travel expenses. They must create the hype. However UFC has the best mma-event this year atm between Cormier-Jones and that cover more news.

Well it is on Rizin to get fans to care and I truly believe all they care about is Japan at this time. Which is fine, because if they can't make money at home they won't make money anywhere else. Fan's just need to realize this and not expect Pride 2.0 or 3.0 or whatever crazy number we are on.

I'm honestly luke warm about this event. If I catch somewhere I catch it. If I don't I won't really care either.

Rizin reminds me more of PRIDE Bushido than any sort of incarnation of the regular product. The focus on the lighter weight classes; no names; squash matches....It's all like Bushido with extra pomp and circumstance.

I will not be messing up my sleep for this event either.

Rizin reminds me more of PRIDE Bushido than any sort of incarnation of the regular product. The focus on the lighter weight classes; no names; squash matches....It's all like Bushido with extra pomp and circumstance.

I will not be messing up my sleep for this event either.
Come to the outsider stream all the top posting talent will be there

assuming i'm awake, i'll watch it. but i'm not excited for it, which i usually am (although, wasn't excited at all for the last one, either). if i miss it, i'll just download it.

I found out about this from the ads on the front page of sherdog lol. Not many names I'm familiar with but I think I'm gonna check it out. If miyuu loses she becomes the Jessica eye of rizin.

I'm excited for it, but I'm going to just watch the replay rather than stay up all night. There are a lot of fun fights, and I'll always support Tokoro.

Back