Almost had a heart attack today...

BJJ_Rage

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
So, I came back after 3 months or something... I did rolled once 3 weeks ago, did couple of 5 minutes round, had to rest for like 20 minutes flat on the ground, I felt drained to death. I went back today, rolled 2 rounds, and during the middle of the second, I had to stop after applying a RNC, I felt like literally was going to die. I was going to puke and had to be taken out fo the gym to catch some air. I was like WTF!!! this hasnt hapened to me in like 8 years or so... The fuck? I know I got older, but jesus christ i didnt aged 15 years in 3 months... Ive been under terrible stress and somking like a freak machine, did not jack shit during 4 months, so I guess that took a tool on me, but didnt expect it to be to this extent. My technique was good thouhg, didnt feel like I lost anything...

Have you ever been through something like this? I now am going to really stop smoking (its either that or I will have to stop doing bjj, or die...), and doing cardio training, I guess its time to realize it isnt 2011 anymore for me.

do you think your past use of roids could be of the issue?

when i go months without training i get very sick feeling a horrible head ache and feel like im going to puke

do you think your past use of roids could be of the issue?

when i go months without training i get very sick feeling a horrible head ache and feel like im going to puke

no at alll.....

but yeah exactly how I felt today... I think its a mixed between chain smoking stress not training getting older...

Quitting smoking has not helped me as much as one would imagine. Been a year a half now. Taking time off kills ya. Especially when you have the pride to keep going against guys you know you should beat and know you can go harder than your body says, so you keep trying until what you just had happen, happens. If you have time off running is the only way to do some damage control on cardio.

Quitting smoking has not helped me as much as one would imagine. Been a year a half now. Taking time off kills ya. Especially when you have the pride to keep going against guys you know you should beat and know you can go harder than your body says, so you keep trying until what you just had happen, happens. If you have time off running is the only way to do some damage control on cardio.

quit smoking wont hurt me thats for sure lol... some adrenaline dump couldv been the case, although during the firs troll I rolled with a white belt who was not very good, so didtn do much effort, still was agitated... second roll was vs a your purple, subed him 2 times in something like 2 minutes, after releasing the RNC, I said, fuck this.. I gotta stop or die...

second roll was vs a your purple, subed him 2 times in something like 2 minutes, after releasing the RNC, I said, fuck this.. I gotta stop or die...

You saw the look of the purple's eyes and his out for blood with the remaining minutes left and you have to make an exit.

Damn you are in terrible shape. How old are you?
Not doing anything for 4 months is a very long time. Just because you cant/don’t make it to class doesn’t mean you can’t do some sort of exercise

why do you lose cardio so fast compared to strength?

I can go months with out lifting and still be descent. I take a week off of running or BJJ and I'm struggling

Rage buddy, old man style rolling. You think I’m training all out anymore, fuuuuuck no.

Helped some mma fighters yesterday, haven’t been able to train for a while either they’re going all out, trying weird ass trips and shit, you think I went all out back. Nah just held position and went my pace and protected myself

So, I came back after 3 months or something... I did rolled once 3 weeks ago, did couple of 5 minutes round, had to rest for like 20 minutes flat on the ground, I felt drained to death. I went back today, rolled 2 rounds, and during the middle of the second, I had to stop after applying a RNC, I felt like literally was going to die. I was going to puke and had to be taken out fo the gym to catch some air. I was like WTF!!! this hasnt hapened to me in like 8 years or so... The fuck? I know I got older, but jesus christ i didnt aged 15 years in 3 months... Ive been under terrible stress and somking like a freak machine, did not jack shit during 4 months, so I guess that took a tool on me, but didnt expect it to be to this extent. My technique was good thouhg, didnt feel like I lost anything...

Have you ever been through something like this? I now am going to really stop smoking (its either that or I will have to stop doing bjj, or die...), and doing cardio training, I guess its time to realize it isnt 2011 anymore for me.
I am a resident physician.

What you are describing is either Prinzmetal's angina or stable angina.

Either way, you should definitely go to a physician to have an EKG done, as well as blood work. If you have a 30 pack-year smoking history, go ahead and ask for a low-dose CT of the chest to look for any lung cancer. Small cell lung cancer can make people feel very funny. Don't want to scare you, but just get the test done.

Also, if you are 65, get an ultrasound of your abdomen to look for aneurysms. And please stop smoking dude. Try bupropion for quitting. I've seen good things with it. It takes on average 7 times to quit. Just keep trying. Hope you feel better. Peace.

I am a resident physician.

What you are describing is either Prinzmetal's angina or stable angina.

Either way, you should definitely go to a physician to have an EKG done, as well as blood work. If you have a 30 pack-year smoking history, go ahead and ask for a low-dose CT of the chest to look for any lung cancer. Small cell lung cancer can make people feel very funny. Don't want to scare you, but just get the test done.

Also, if you are 65, get an ultrasound of your abdomen to look for aneurysms. And please stop smoking dude. Try bupropion for quitting. I've seen good things with it. It takes on average 7 times to quit. Just keep trying. Hope you feel better. Peace.

Hey thanks for your replay... didn’t feel any chest pain I’m 38, I was out of air mostly, funny enough I’m still throwing up today, just came back from the hospital got Iv hydration, i think my smoking days are over... will check some of the stuff you just told me. Thanks again

Damn you are in terrible shape. How old are you?
Not doing anything for 4 months is a very long time. Just because you cant/don’t make it to class doesn’t mean you can’t do some sort of exercise

Stress and job got in my way, this been the longest I sat on my ass I can remember in the past 20 years or so...

Stress and job got in my way, this been the longest I sat on my ass I can remember in the past 20 years or so...
Everything good? I’ve been dealing with massive stress and work as well

5:30 am west coast time.

Up so I can hit a 2.5 miler run before work...

While still rehabing from hip surgery...

U r soft and no discipline!

U talk a lot of smack.

No sympathy 4 u!

STFU and quit smoking, train some good girly yoga/Tai Chi for overall body conditioning and flexibility, light targeted strength training specific to your art and your injury prevention patterns, bike and run...

...And stop crying to us who've had real adversity already!

Everything good? I’ve been dealing with massive stress and work as well

I’ll hang in there... shit happens man.. thanks for the concern, this stress thing is a very real thing after all, hope you can manage it well...

5:30 am west coast time.

Up so I can hit a 2.5 miler run before work...

While still rehabing from hip surgery...

U r soft and no discipline!

U talk a lot of smack.

No sympathy 4 u!

STFU and quit smoking, train some good girly yoga/Tai Chi for overall body conditioning and flexibility, light targeted strength training specific to your art and your injury prevention patterns, bike and run...

...And stop crying to us who've had real adversity already!

Not crying to anyone nor looking for sympathy, just wondered if it was i the only one getting so bad out of shape in Such short time.

I’ll hang in there... shit happens man.. thanks for the concern, this stress thing is a very real thing after all, hope you can manage it well...
I’m getting better at it, managing it I mean. My girlfriend says it’s because I blame myself for everything and I should stop. I try lol

Once the school year is over i should be fine

Bro. You need to go get checked out by a physician. Next, you need to quit smoking. Third, you need to look into tactical barbell I and II.

Seriously, it will help your cardio and heart strength. It’s not just about being the strongest and fastest anymore as we get older. The thing is these two books really changed the way I work out on my own. I go to Jiu-Jitsu but I also follow the protocol in the books.

Tactical barbell I is about strength building. TB II is conditioning and how to put the two together. It has changed my life.

Get yourself sorted then get in shape.

It took me maybe six mkmontfor my cardio to get close to what it was before after a several year layoff.

At the time though, I think stress was the main thing.

Deal with your stress.

Koreans and Japanese smoke and train and they never gas.

Back