Almost 9 years after the best mma performance ever, what are the top 5 matrix moments in the UFC?

I thought that fight was a decision. How was that better than Silva's matrix performance?
cody-garbrandt-dominick-cruz-ufc-207-scorecard.jpg

where´s Dom Cruz running all the way back to his house like Griffin did?
Silva-101-3.gif~c200
Cody toyed with Cruz who’s a much high level striker and fighter than griffin.
Don’t even compare Cody amazing performance to silva performance against a slow pillow fist

We´ve seen a lot of great fighters after Silva, like Khabib, Stipe, Dillashaw, but I don´t think there´s anyone even close to Silva.

Matrix Siva was the most spectacular fighter we´ve seen.

What are the top 5 matrix moments in the UFC?
<{silvanormal}>

chris-weidman-anderson-silva-knockout-gif.gif

Cody toyed with Cruz who’s a much high level striker and fighter than griffin.
Don’t even compare Cody amazing performance to silva performance against a slow pillow fist
Calling Griffin pillow fisted to discredit Silva's performance, while praising Cruz "the decisionator" at the same time??????

The hate is strong on this one.

Calling Griffin pillow fisted to discredit Silva's performance, while praising Cruz "the decisionator" at the same time??????

The hate is strong on this one.
Yeah your bias is real.
Cruz striking is thousand times better than griffin.
Simple as that

Mizugaki being his only ko in a decade? Yeah, what a dangerous striker Cruz was.
That’s bad way to discredit Cruz striking.hes not a finisher sure but he’s the best defensive striker in mma history
Cruz has beaten manny elite strikers on feet like tj and joe b
Cruz striking >> Anderson
And Cody toyed with Cruz on feet so it automatically make his performance 10 times better than the roid head one

To the two people in this thread arguing nonstop, you’re both right and you’re both wrong. Most impressive performance should be a combination of the credibility of the opponent and the actual fight itself.

Judging by that criteria, GSP vs. Hughes 2/3 deserves a mention, as do Fedor/Nog, Shogun/Rampage and Jones/Shogun. But if we’re talking strictly the most impressive performance, the one that left you most awstruck by a fighter’s ability, Silva/Griffin has to be the answer.

Most impressive performance should be a combination of the credibility of the opponent and the actual fight itself.
I absolutely agree with you. And imho think Silva vs Griffin meets the criteria. Current MW champ going up a weight class to face former LHW champ 1 fight removed from title.

To this day people still underrate the Forrest win. Prime Silva was untouchable and no doubt would have taken the title if he'd wanted. Not many at LHW signed to fight him, and those that did got obliterated.

To this day people still underrate the Forrest win. Prime Silva was untouchable and no doubt would have taken the title if he'd wanted. Not many at LHW signed to fight him, and those that did got obliterated.
I´m with you there. Had the option been on the table at the time (Silva vs Griffin for the LHW belt) we know what would´ve happened and Silva would´ve become a 2 division champ. Unfortunately, Dana always wanted to strip their champions before moving up.

I don't think I even need to make a serious counter argument to this. I think you understand that the comparison between one-punching big Tim (who was trying to box with Mercer anyhow) and KOing Aldo defending his title in the biggest fight of his life is pretty poor.

No my example is completely relevant. An untrained MMA fighter achieved the exact same result. You can try and be crafty by writing the comparison as "one-punching big Tim/KOing Aldo defending his title in the biggest fight of his life" but its the same performance with much different stakes.

No my example is completely relevant. An untrained MMA fighter achieved the exact same result. You can try and be crafty by writing the comparison as "one-punching big Tim/KOing Aldo defending his title in the biggest fight of his life" but its the same performance with much different stakes.
It's not being crafty, it's my entire point, which is that opponent and context matters. The context of Mercer KOing Tim and Conor KOing aldo are completely different, as are the fighters involved. I disagree that it's the same performance. Are you saying that Krazy Horse's KO of Kimura is a performance of equal quality to Conor's KO of Aldo?

We´ve seen a lot of great fighters after Silva, like Khabib, Stipe, Dillashaw, but I don´t think there´s anyone even close to Silva.

Matrix Siva was the most spectacular fighter we´ve seen.

What are the top 5 matrix moments in the UFC?
<{silvanormal}>

Best ever is Lawler vs Macdonald.
Blank+_a3ec370e866374d1a1901a1efe402d51.jpg

I´m with you there. Had the option been on the table at the time (Silva vs Griffin for the LHW belt) we know what would´ve happened and Silva would´ve become a 2 division champ. Unfortunately, Dana always wanted to strip their champions before moving up.

If Anderson wanted the LHW belt he could have got it no doubt. If he fought Rashad for the title that year he would have beat him and become a 2-division champ. But Anderson always said that was Lyotos division so didn’t want the LHW belt

I have never seen anything like the Conor fight with Aldo, before or after. To see the arguable p4p #1 and GOAT contender go down seconds into the first round was incomprehensible to me, one of the most shocking moments of all time in my book. If you want to talk about a unique fight, that's the one. I don't think "it happens" is fair given the context. Beating Aldo is an accomplishment in a different universe to beating Forrest, and I think the manner of victory is also an edge to Conor given how surreal it was, and how concise the finish was.
You sound like you're trying to convince yourself.

Back