All UFC Submissions 2018 so far...

KmartSecurity

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
So far this year there have been 35 submissions.
Rear naked choke: 16
Guillotine: 6
Leg Triangle: 3
Arm Triangle: 3
Omoplata, Kimura, Kneebar, Ezekiel Choke, Brabo Choke, Bulldog Choke, Front Choke : 1

Check them out here:

=

So far there have been 198 fights over 17 cards. That means submissions finishes have accounted for 17.6% of all fights so far. As fans do you guys think this is too low or too high? Also which submissions did you like best this year??

Last edited:
This is beautiful. Rear naked chokes are a bit too common to be interesting, but the rest of the variety of submissions is amazing!

I made a lot of money with that omoplata....

Ezekiel choke < Sean Long choke

Omoplata, Kimura, Kneebar, Ezekiel Choke, Brabo Choke, Bulldog Choke, Front Choke : 1

So far there have been 198 fights over 17 cards. That means submissions finishes have accounted for 17.6% of all fights so far. As fans do you guys think this is too low or too high?

How many of the 198 fights have been female mma? Because all of those are desciosions and should not be counted with the real mma fights.

17 percent is too low for my tastes.

Would prefer subs and ko's to be about 49-49, with 1 percent herb Dean stoppages and 1 percent of fights stopped for ear biting, fan man flying into the ring, or a fighter's mother attacking the opponent with her shoe.

Check them out here:

=

So far there have been 198 fights over 17 cards. That means submissions finishes have accounted for 17.6% of all fights so far. As fans do you guys think this is too low or too high?

Dont pull statz like that, mate...

jbj.gif

#MMAEvolution

Basic moves are always the most effective.

You're much better off being a wrestler with some understanding of BJJ and great position control than being a BJJ practitioner who knows dozens of submissions you'll never get the chance to execute.

I’m not sure man. I’d think we’d all love to see more submissions, but if they were TOO common, they’d lose a bit of magic.

As they are now, it’s a bit like catching lightening in a bottle - which makes them a bit more special!

Back in t'olden daaays, only a few people practiced submissions. So those guys would tap out fools. Now, everybody trains at least some ground game so the subbers have to work much harder to get them. Submissions might became even a little rarer but those who do pull them off are all tht more special.

Back in t'olden daaays, only a few people practiced submissions. So those guys would tap out fools. Now, everybody trains at least some ground game so the subbers have to work much harder to get them. Submissions might became even a little rarer but those who do pull them off are all tht more special.
Yeah everyone is getting so good on the ground these days, the sport is evolving so fast.
Just recently we can see some examples:
Holly Holm has an evolving ground game, her grappling looked godlike against Megan Anderson (That could be against only Megan tho...).
Robert Whittaker dealt with Yoel's wrestling pressure pretty well (Yoel could've tried using his wrestling a lot more IMO, but im still happy)
Mirsad Bektic showed amazing grappling experience against a killer like Lamas (He was good before, looks even better now)

seems low for my taste, but might be on par with last year's average

r321687_4_1296x864_3-2.png

seems low for my taste, but might be on par with last year's average
oh wow, i'm surprised to see that the submission finish percentage for last year (17.5%) is so close to the current figure for this year.
At least its been consistent so far

The goddamn ezekiel choke lol

Oleynik is a wizard

I'm pretty baked so I spent like 10 seconds trying to figure out wtf a leg triangle is lol.

How many of the 198 fights have been female mma? Because all of those are desciosions and should not be counted with the real mma fights.

31 women's fights so far in 2018 with 6 sub finishes so 19.3%, a higher rate than the men.

Back