All Tony Fergusons big wins have a *

Ferguson is one of the most overhyped fighters, that's for sure.

Nurmagomedov is leagues above him.

And look at how those fights were going before the Illegal upkick vs Barboza, eye pokes vs RDA, and Kevin Lee with staph gassed out. Think his record looks any different if said fouls never happened? (And Lee came in healthy)
He wins them all. His only loss was from Michael Johnson getting lucky he broke Tony's arm. Tony would obliterate him in a rematch but Johnson isn't near good enough to earn a fight with Tony anymore.

He wins them all. His only loss was from Michael Johnson getting lucky he broke Tony's arm. Tony would obliterate him in a rematch but Johnson isn't near good enough to earn a fight with Tony anymore.
Arguably lost to Yves Edwards, Michael Johnson beats Tony in a 3 round fight 10/10 times he has better hand good enough tdd to keep it standing and good enough cardio to that fight look the same every time

Shit thread.

Upkicks in guard should be allowed anyway and that upkick certainly didn't change anything.

And Tony usually doesn't eye-poke, it was an accident. If the eye-poke changed the fight then RDA should've taken the full 5 minutes to recover or let the Doctor declare it a NC. Not Tony's fault.
I didnt make the rules, isnt the whole point of the "sport" to see who is the best fighter under the ruleset?

So ugly when fans try to discredit a fighter's accomplishments.

Bad thread.
How am I discredeting him I pointed out some facts and asked if anyone thinks his record / title talk would be different had the ruleset not been violated

I feel like u can do that with like 95% of fights tho. That's why u almost have to go with the official decisions. The sport can be so subjective, it hurts the brain.

So considering to that, he has a pretty damn good record. And I'm not even a huge fan of his. Maybe the opposite, a bit of a hater.. his wins are the one if the only things I like about him.
You literally can, pick a fighter and I'll do the same thing for them lol.

Arguably lost to Yves Edwards, Michael Johnson beats Tony in a 3 round fight 10/10 times he has better hand good enough tdd to keep it standing and good enough cardio to that fight look the same every time
Gonna have to agree to disagree on that one.

Last edited:
You guys are idiots if you think a single eyepoke can change a damn fight lmao. Unless you got knives as nails and stick the whole damn finger in it it should take 10-20 seconds to recover.

You can nitpick anyone's resume if you exaggerate and hyperbolize enough details about their opponents or their fights; Doesn't amount to anything.

This is true, and also why I wonder why people are so interested in seeing Khabib maul on him. They just are wildly different levels, akin to the gap between young Juicehead Jones and Shogun. And mind you, the odds for Shogun vs Jones was about the same as Khabib vs Tony were.

This is true, and also why I wonder why people are so interested in seeing Khabib maul on him. They just are wildly different levels, akin to the gap between young Juicehead Jones and Shogun. And mind you, the odds for Shogun vs Jones was about the same as Khabib vs Tony were.

Tony would sub Khabib's ass.

You guys are idiots if you think a single eyepoke can change a damn fight lmao. Unless you got knives as nails and stick the whole damn finger in it it should take 10-20 seconds to recover.
You are insane. You don't think someone jabbing their finger in your eye can change your performance.... at all?! Brother 1 punch can change a fight, so can 1 eye poke.
GSot getting Koed on TUF vs Speer is a pretty clear example.

ever noticed how so many peoples 'big' wins are against Barboza ?

Barboza only has 5 losses.
Varner (retired), Cerrone, Johnson, Khabib and Tony.

What the fuck are you talking about. Tony's biggest win is RDA, by the way.

Barboza is an exciting fighter because of his amazing kicks, but his marquee wins are against Melendez and Pettis. His knockout over Dariush was pretty awesome, and again - he is an exciting fighter and a world class competitor - but I have never seen him as a title contender.

Back