All this pantomime of money and conor.

Rav7n

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Has left next month's fight between canello and GGG over looked somewhat.
I'm a Mma fan but was long before this a boxing fan and this is a doozy of a fight.
Both these lads can hit like a fucking freight train.
And for me holds way more value than what will happen at weekend..

I can't decide what to have to eat tonight, I'm thinking I might get some spicy wings, but I have a two for one voucher with papa johns as well.

I might save the voucher for Saturday nights fight and just go get some wings but it's a dilemma. Not an easy decision at all imo.

I can't decide what to have to eat tonight, I'm thinking I might get some spicy wings, but I have a two for one voucher with papa johns as well.

I might save the voucher for Saturday nights fight and just go get some wings but it's a dilemma. Not an easy decision at all imo.
Papa John's is filth..
Wings all the way. Thanks for the constructive reply my friend.

Papa John's is filth..
Wings all the way. Thanks for the constructive reply my friend.
Thanks for the advice my man, I think canelo is definitely going to beat ggg and probably stop him. But ggg is a bad man so I am not putting my money where my mouth is here, should be a great fight.

Thanks for the advice my man, I think canelo is definitely going to beat ggg and probably stop him. But ggg is a bad man so I am not putting my money where my mouth is here, should be a great fight.
I feel the same way...I literally would have no clue to bet on ..
Cheers mate.

I feel the same way...I literally would have no clue to bet on ..
Cheers mate.
I haven't seen you in the boxing forum for a while, would be good seeing you around here more often. One of the people who doesn't mind piss taking responses to valid questions :D

Canelo/GGG is the most relevant fight in boxing right now. I'd say it's on par with Ward/Kovalev in that regard, probably even moreso considering it's for the lineal middleweight championship. It is pretty unfortunate that the Mayweather fight is stealing the thunder for a bit, I think marketing for Canelo/Golovkin will really pick up next week.

Regardless, it will be a much more interesting fight. I've got Canelo by a hair.

there are good odds on Canelo by stoppage though, I put a few quid on it at like 8/1 I think, though I think Golovkin will take a decision in a great fight

it's really hard with their styles to see it being anything but an awesome bout

there are good odds on Canelo by stoppage though, I put a few quid on it at like 8/1 I think, though I think Golovkin will take a decision in a great fight
If you have 8/1 I'll look again and throw something at it. Depends on what happens this weekend.

Hype will really pick up after Mayweather/McGregor, especially after that fight is an noncompetitive farce. Contrary to what many have said, I don't think think Mayweather/McGregor will hurt its sales that much. I recall that Mayweather/Pacquiao actually bolstered a lot of boxing ratings immediately after that fight even when it was such a disappointment in the eyes of many casuals. Mayweather putting it on McGregor could also make more people more interested in boxing (especially such a competitive fight which seems like it's got a chance to be a genuine classic).

Canelo/GGG is the most relevant fight in boxing right now. I'd say it's on par with Ward/Kovalev in that regard, probably even moreso considering it's for the lineal middleweight championship. It is pretty unfortunate that the Mayweather fight is stealing the thunder for a bit, I think marketing for Canelo/Golovkin will really pick up next week.

Regardless, it will be a much more interesting fight. I've got Canelo by a hair.

How do you think the fight unfolds...

I'm leaning slightly towards Canelo based on their last performances...

Canelo has looked great...improved, and sharper.

Canelo has only had problems with slick, scientific boxers...like Lara and PBF.

ANd GGG, frankly, he has looked like shit in his last couple fights.

I had Kell Brook winning their fight before the stoppage...and his most recent win...he eked that one out.

@Seano your thoughts?

@Sunfish ??

It's going to be very important how golden boy promotes this fight, they have to be aggressive. It's too bad canelo doesn't speak English

I had Kell Brook winning their fight before the stoppage...and his most recent win...he eked that one out.

@Seano your thoughts?

@Sunfish ??
I think that one is a tough call. When that fight was first imagined, I pictured a relatively easy win for Golovkin. Canelo seems to get better and better though and Golovkin seems to have hit a wall. Basically, for me it all depends on what happens when Golovkin connects on Canelo. If Canelo can absorb his punches and/or box well enough not to eat too many, then Canelo will win.

Canelo does pretty well with guys who come at him but this isn't Angulo or Kirkland we're talking about.

I don't know, I'm slightly leaning towards Canelo by decision but with little confidence in that pick.

@Seano your thoughts?

@Sunfish ??

My assessment is that Golovkin doesn't really fight well going backward. If you look at the Lemieux fight, most of the time that Lemieux initiates action, Golovkin creates space and resets before trying to initiate the action himself. And in the other hand, Canelo starts looking kind of average when he has to move forward. Both guys have good jabs. I didn't really give GGG a lot of credit for his jab against Lemieux because David's not exactly difficult to find. But GGG used it with a lot of success against Jacobs (it's probably what won him the fight) so it's obviously well schooled. But Canelo also jabbed on even terms (or otherwise dealt with it) with Cotto who is arguably the best jabber in the sport.

So to that end, I think most of the fight is going to happen when Golovkin comes forward where he looks his best, forcing Canelo backward where he looks best. I think they're going to go tit for tat on jabs. Golovkin will jab, Canelo will counter jab. Canelo won't try to back up Golovkin and Golovkin isn't going to shy away from Canelo either. So to me the fight comes down to the inside. Over the course of the fight, I think Canelo's body work will slow Golovkin down enough that Saul can start throwing more combinations.

Golovkin will probably take the first several rounds before Canelo starts finding the openings and starts slowing Golovkin down. Then Canelo's combination punching will start to take over. I think it'll be close in that way. Even if it ends up getting stopped, I think the scorecards will reflect that when it happens.

Last edited:
GGG gonna whoop Canelo almost as bad as Floyd gonna whoop Conor, almost...

Jk. GGG for the win though.

@Seano your thoughts?

@Sunfish ??
Canelo is sharp enough to keep golovkin honest. I think his power will slow golovkin down and his body will feel like tenderised beef, just my opinion.

I got Canelo. This is going to be his defining moment, and if it's not, I'll eat crow... but, I don't see GGG being able to land with full steam on Saul consistently enough to stop him, but I have a feeling Canelo can counterpunch GGG into retirement. Just like Jacobs, you see considerable improvement in Canelo the fighter, enough to make this fight as interesting as it is. But, GGG ain't getting past 2 young guns in a row, not when he's looking old and they're both white hot.

Threw everything in my bodog account on mayweather. If I was betting on this one, it would be Canelo by stoppage.

Canelo wins this but not until after going through some really tough moments. He's gonna go through adversity that will make him without a doubt legendary. GGG is bigger, taller, maybe stronger, and fights like a relentless bull, and skilled. BUT, I haven't seen improvement in him over the last 3-4 fights. He does what he does and is a high level type guy. Canelo is damn near the epitome of a complete boxer in his last fight has good power and the dude is still 27. His trap-setting is grossly underrated. Completely prime, still peaking, who knows what else he shows up with this next fight. I'm thinking GGG takes an early lead but Canelo's skill solves some early problems down the stretch and wins TKO late.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back