All this doom and gloom about the "UFC dying" is garbage.

Smoking Indoors

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The UFC has Platinum Mike Perry and Lil' Platinum Cody Garbrandt. The brand will do just fine. Look for WME to sell for $5 billion or more in the next year.

To think i actually expected a serious thread

It's just the casuals who think that.

Rounda Drowsy vs Tate 3 will save us all!

UFC is deaded

Just kidding, WMMA will save it <Goldie11>

The UFC has Platinum Mike Perry and Lil' Platinum Cody Garbrandt. The brand will do just fine. Look for WME to sell for $5 billion or more in the next year.

You seen ratings for the Fox broadcasts in 2017?

Have any pay per views had a million buys?

I think it's not dying but has actually grown in terms of fan base volume, but the level of interest and commitment from the fans has decreased, so less people are actually buying the fights.

This is just speculation.

MMA still has a good hard core fan following. The fall off is in the casual sports fan. They care much less and buy much less than they did 4-5 + years ago (outside of BIG names like Conor/Brock - which draw back in those casuals once or twice a year). Many of the casuals I know that used to be into MMA now just seem indifferent if I tell them there is a big card coming up this weekend. I think that is a pattern in most areas.

After Conor retires, wme will be scrambling to sell.

MMA still has a good hard core fan following. The fall off is in the casual sports fan. They care much less and buy much less than they did 4-5 + years ago (outside of BIG names like Conor/Brock - which draw back in those casuals once or twice a year). Many of the casuals I know that used to be into MMA now just seem indifferent if I tell them there is a big card coming up this weekend. I think that is a pattern in most areas.
Or you could have been a hardcore fan and converted to a casual like me after all the shit shows and horrible decisions.

It's pretty hard to stay a hardcore fan when champions are either always injured or too diva to fight more than once a year -- IF that.

There's too much money in the game now. Ninjas ain't hungry anymore.

Back