All this Brady vs Rodgers debate got me thinking whose you're top 5 QBs of all time?..

Steve Bono
AJ feely
Akili Smith
Matt Flynn
Charlie Batch

Brady
Montana
Manning
Brees
Rodgers

favre over Rodgers?
<mma4>

It simply comes down to Rodgers being better and Favre being greater.

Rodgers has some nice efficiency stats; highest passer rating in a single season. Quickest to 300 TD's while throwing less than 100 picks. Currently the highest passer rating and 4:1 TD/INT ratio. But Favre had all the passing yards and TD stats when he retired. Rodgers having to sit for three years behind Favre hinders him from having any of those when he hangs them up. Especially with the way things are going in GB right now.

Also, when you think of the Green Bay Packers, who comes to mind first? For me it's Favre/Lombardi, Starr, Nitschke, Reggie White even. Rodgers just hasn't done enough to be up there just yet, IMO. I truly thought the best was yet to come after the epic 2016 campaign, but he hasn't lived up to his potential. Maybe getting a new head coach in 2019 can change that.

As it stands, Aaron Rodgers is by far the best passer I've ever seen. Which makes these last 4 years all the more frustrating as a Packer fan.

I actually think rodgers is better then favre
he probably is, but needs a few more years of doing the same. otherwise we can just call mahomes is #1 of all time. of course i realize that isnt nearly the same considering rodgers has been around, but to me he needs a little more longevity to pass favre which he likely will

Damn, forgot about Bradshaw.
Never got the chance to watch him live. But i rememeber his poise and confidence when i would watch the old nfl films on espn when i was a kid. Aside from Aikman i kinda see the qbs i picked as a really "blue collar" grouping and i think thats what drew them to me.

Never got the chance to watch him live. But i rememeber his poise and confidence when i would watch the old nfl films on espn when i was a kid. Aside from Aikman i kinda see the qbs i picked as a really "blue collar" grouping and i think thats what drew them to me.
Aikman probably had the highest IQ of all the QBs listed. He was just tremendous all around. 3 SB wins is not easy and I thought, if it wasn't for San Francisco going ape shit Dallas would have probably been the first to 4 peat.

This was the third straight season that the Cowboys and 49ers met in the NFC Championship Game, with Dallas winning the first two conference title games.

Although the Cowboys eventually held a 451–294 advantage in total offensive yards, the 49ers converted three turnovers into three touchdowns in the first quarter en route to the 38–28 victory.

Although Aikman broke an NFC Championship Game record with 380 yards passing, and Irvin also broke an NFC Championship Game record with 192 receiving yards, ultimately the first-quarter turnovers were too much to overcome.[16]

Dallas would have slaughtered SD that year.

1) Elway/Marino
3) Peyton
4) Favre
5) Rodgers

1-3 are solid, untouchable tier-1.

1. Brady - Does he become the best QB ever if he’s drafted by any of the other 31 teams? No, but he ended up in probably the GOAT situation for a QB and has made the most out of it, no one’s touching his records for Conference Championship/Super Bowl appearances

2. Montana - The best QB under pressure I’ve seen, 4-0 in Super Bowls with 10 TD’s and no picks, and led a ton of 4th quarter comebacks

3. Marino - Anyone watching football in the 80’s can tell you how crazy it is that he threw for 5k yards in a season in the 80’s (when throwing for 3k guaranteed a trip to the Pro Bowl), the best passer I’ve seen (strong arm, accurate, super quick release), never really had the luxury of a decent ground game to keep defenses honest

4. Manning - It got ugly at the end and he was gifted his 2nd SB win, but in his prime he was absolutely dominant, never had the greatest arm but he was the best at reading a defense and picking it apart (yes, better than Brady), bonus points for doing it with the Colts who were every bit as shitty and unstable as the present day Browns before he got there

5. Rodgers - Easily the most complete QB to play, could make throws/plays the guys above him on this list could never dream of, slowed down by injuries and an inept coach/GM, people knock him for “only” having one SB win but that should be a feather in his cap considering the talent around him for most of his time in the league

Brady
Montana
Peyton
Brees
Marino

Fing blasphemy not putting Brady in the top 5 the hate and butthurt is strong on this one.

Back