All the best Lightweights are 5'9-5'11 and always have been

It´s exactly because the UFC environment technically [at least until recently and the Hendricks-Magny fight appeared to be an evolution in that sense] has always considered ground control as the main paradigm.

Most coaches now for sure "prohibit" risky subs like leglocks for instance.And it´s because of the fight configuration in the UFC environment.
So guys are better today at fighting in same environment than they were 8 years ago? How the fuck is that not evolution? ?

That precision and combination in bunches would have been unimaginable in 2010! Even Anderson could only land counters -- never be the aggressor -- and never landed combos. And he was far and away the best boxer there was. GSP was considered revolutionary for just throwing a jab rofl.

We got guys like TJ doing the most ridiculous angles and shit. Show that fucking clip to someone in 2010 and they think that's the most amazing shit they've ever seen. I can't believe fools think the game hasn't evolved! They were probably drunk every fight they saw. I was too but yeah
My point was that Eddie as champ is no more impressive than TWood.

TWood annihilates every WW of 2010, including 2010 GSP.
Ya no.

But you seem to be off on some tangent.

I am debating whether the WW division matched up in depth and strength to the LW one over the years. My position is WW was and has been every bit as deep and for longer. And without all the manlets.

Ya no.

But you seem to be off on some tangent.

I am debating whether the WW division matched up in depth and strength to the LW one over the years. My position is WW was and has been every bit as deep and for longer. And without all the manlets.
Are 5'9 - 5'11, 170+ lb guys manlets? High standards lol.

The average sized American male is 195.7 lbs in the most recent CDC investigation. Nobody fighting at LW cuts from that much.
195 lbs? Do you think the average American walks around in the same shape and body fat % as fighters? If they did, that number would be much, much, lower. Seriously, much lower.

UFC fighters got better at being UFC fighters.. 2018 UFC fighters would beat 2010 UFC fighters in the UFC. That's the exact definition of fighter evolution.
Hmmm..not really... it´s a lazy myth.

I dont know her, but one female fighter, juliana lima, said this:

“If I’m at the bottom, it’s a waste of time to throw up submissions. It’s better to get back on my feet."

This is indeed all about fight configuration that dictates the skill set required in the UFC environment, that´s why your holy "evolution" is in fact a technical regression.

In other org. like Pride,more than 10 yrs ago, a guy like Takada could spend the whole fight (95%) on top of Royce, doing absolutely nuthin, and still lose the fight.

I saw guys fighting at 145 with near 80" reaches who were blazing fast and had power and strength and durability.

If MMA keeps evolving, the 6'+ guys are going to take over 155 (and 145) eventually.

You used to get 5'5" guys at the top of LW. No more.

5’9-5’11 165-175 can be just as dangerous as 6’ 165-175 so no, I don’t think 6 footers are going to claim LW and def not 145 anytime soon.

There is no debate, 155 is the deepest and most comprehensive weight class in the history of the sport. These fighters are big enough to get frequent knockouts and stoppages, and they are small enough to have good speed and cardio. This weight class truly represents the averaged sized man. Just take look at the current and former fighters of 155, its insane.

There a few exceptions but 5'9 seems to be dominant height of this weight class.
List of champs, contenders, or top 10 at some point otherwise

Kevin Lee 5'9
Khabib 5'9-5'10
Edson 5'11
Tony 5'11
Eddie 5'8-5'9
Gaethje 5'9
Poirier 5'9
Conor 5'9
Pettis 5'9
BJ 5'9
Henderson 5'9
RDA 5'8
Gilbert 5'8-5'9
Florian 5'10
Dariush 5'9
Huerta 5'9
Maynard 5'8
TJ Grant 5'10
Genki Sudo 5'9
Josh Thomson 5'9
Bobby Green 5'9
Khabilov 5'9
Nate Diaz you stupid bitch. And Edgar.

Are 5'9 - 5'11, 170+ lb guys manlets? High standards lol.

THIS .... IS ... SHERDOG!!!

200.gif

6'4" is the manlet cut off here!

195 lbs? Do you think the average American walks around in the same shape and body fat % as fighters? If they did, that number would be much, much, lower. Seriously, much lower.
johny-hendricks-looking-fat-with-sandwich.jpg

Don't forget... Spider Silva invented Height Cutting against Leben...

There is no debate, 155 is the deepest and most comprehensive weight class in the history of the sport. These fighters are big enough to get frequent knockouts and stoppages, and they are small enough to have good speed and cardio. This weight class truly represents the averaged sized man. Just take look at the current and former fighters of 155, its insane.

There a few exceptions but 5'9 seems to be dominant height of this weight class.
List of champs, contenders, or top 10 at some point otherwise

Kevin Lee 5'9
Khabib 5'9-5'10
Edson 5'11
Tony 5'11
Eddie 5'8-5'9
Gaethje 5'9
Poirier 5'9
Conor 5'9
Pettis 5'9
BJ 5'9
Henderson 5'9