All Home Depot employees to receive $200-1k bonuses

I'm going to try to explain this really slow for you...
Your wages go up if:
A) the labor market is tight or (reduced supply of labor)
B) you have an in demand skill
Unless the tax reduction has a direct effect on either of those factors, any increase in wages is a non-sequitor.

Think of it this way:
Say you win the lottery. Would you buy new mattress? Why or why not? If the answer is no, it's probably because your current mattress is fine and you have no demand for a new mattress. You'll spend the money on something else. If the answer is yes, it's probably because you need a new mattress and you now have extra money to get a new one. You needed a mattress before you won the lottery, so your demand for a mattress is separate from your ability to purchase one. The answer will not be yes because you want to help out the mattress salesman or you like to collect mattresses. You winning the lottery and your demand for a mattress are completely unrelated, even if winning the lottery "allows" you to buy dozens of mattresses.
Wages are the same way. The company only increases wages if there are external factors that require it to do so.
Do you realize that the previous post of mine that you quoted references the tight labor market? Here it is again:

“Companies will pay 58% less in taxes. That won’t make it easier for them to pay people more? There is no emotion in my perspective, only math. A tight labor market and less tax makes it easier for companies to pay workers more.”

Why would someone have an issue with a one time pittance (after the corporation got a fat ass handout) when wages are heavily depressed? Why indeed.

<puh-lease75>
Jesus.

So the corporations are even worse for giving anything back

Do you realize that the previous post of mine that you quoted references the tight labor market? Here it is again:

“Companies will pay 58% less in taxes. That won’t make it easier for them to pay people more? There is no emotion in my perspective, only math. A tight labor market and less tax makes it easier for companies to pay workers more.”
Only the tight labor market is true, and the thread is about the tax cut, so help me out here, why do you keep emphasizing that the tax cut will lead to higher wages?

Don't worry. They got nothing the year before, they'll get nothing the year after. The company meanwhile...

Wait. So they got something under Trump they did not get under Obama

More good news:

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/370871-fedex-announces-wage-increases-bonuses-amid-tax-reform

FedEx announced wage increases, employee bonuses and pension funding on Friday, citing the new Republican-backed tax-reform plan.

The company announced that two-thirds of $200 million in increased compensation will go to hourly employees, while the remainder will be put toward performance-based incentive plans for salaried employees.

FedEx also said $1.5 billion will be put toward the company's pension plan and another $1.5 billion would go toward expanding the company's hub in Indianapolis.“

“Starbucks announced new raises for its employees on Wednesday, while JPMorgan Chase and Disney said on Tuesday they would give their employees raises and bonuses as a result of tax reform.“

Only the tight labor market is true, and the thread is about the tax cut, so help me out here, why do you keep emphasizing that the tax cut will lead to higher wages?
Lol! Way to not read what you quoted, and then think you brought up the idea ITT.

Labor markets aren't uniform across the country. Some areas have more demand for low skill labor than supply and others have the opposite problem. If the bonuses were driven by the labor market then you'd likely see WAGE INCREASES (not one-time bonuses...no one is going to decide to work for a company because someone else got a one time bonus in the past) for SOME (not all) employees in competitive markets. But "we will reevaluate wages for some of our employees in select markets" just isn't as sexy as "EVERYONE GETZ A BONUZ" now is it?

Ability to pay is not a factor because all of these companies have been sitting on billions of dollars for YEARS. This isn't being driven by any economic factors.

Do you want me to suck Home Depot's dick over $200?

OH HOW BENEVOLENT! HOW WOULD WE EVER SURVIVE WITHOUT HOME DEPOT? PRAISE THE ORANGE BOX! PRAISE THEM TO NO END! ALL OUR PAY DISPARITIES ARE OVER, THE HOLY $200 ANOINTED US WITH ITS GRACE! HALLELUJAH! HALLELUJAH! MAGA MAGA MAGA.

<puh-lease75>

o_O

Labor markets aren't uniform across the country. Some areas have more demand for low skill labor than supply and others have the opposite problem. If the bonuses were driven by the labor market then you'd likely see WAGE INCREASES (not one-time bonuses...no one is going to decide to work for a company because someone else got a one time bonus in the past) for SOME (not all) employees in competitive markets. But "we will reevaluate wages for some of our employees in select markets" just isn't as sexy as "EVERYONE GETZ A BONUZ" now is it?

Ability to pay is not a factor because all of these companies have been sitting on billions of dollars for YEARS. This isn't being driven by any economic factors.
I’m the one pointing out the wage increases. They are happening as a result of the tax cut. Read my post 2 above yours.

I'm not the one pissed people got some cash

Neither am I.

If you coveted literacy, you'd be able to tell that I think companies should increase wages with their bloated handouts instead of throwing scraps on the ground and unzipping for their celebratory blowjobs from rubes like you.

Reading is a virtue.

Holy crap . . . some of y'all . . . I swear.

Seriously. A no strings attached cash bonus = fuck you Trump?
Holy crap . . . some of y'all . . . I swear.

No one is arguing that bonuses suck.

But $200 bucks is what it is. Nice this month, gone next month.

Republicans, on the other hand, are always screeching about how Democrats are "buying" people's votes with services that they actually need in order to survive.

What's the difference between the government giving people a handout, and the government giving corporations a HUGE handout, and them in turn giving people a tiny handout?

Just keep it in perspective.

No one is arguing that bonuses suck.

But $200 bucks is what it is. Nice this month, gone next month.

Republicans, on the other hand, are always screeching about how Democrats are "buying" people's votes with services that they actually need in order to survive.

What's the difference between the government giving people a handout, and the government giving corporations a HUGE handout, and them in turn giving people a tiny handout?

Just keep it in perspective.

But you are arguing that this isn't "good enough" . . . folks have become so freaking spoiled that they'll complain about $200 bucks because it isn't some perpetual gift every month. If not for the "crumbs" y'all would inevitably find some other shaky reason to complain.

If you can't see the difference between a government handout for doing nothing and a bonus from your employer . . . like I said, some of y'all . . . I swear.

Back