All Home Depot employees to receive $200-1k bonuses

Home Depot is awarding its hourly employees in the U.S. a one-time cash bonus of as much as $1,000 following the passage of new tax legislation.

All U.S. hourly workers will get at least a $200 bonus, a spokeswoman told CNBC, and the maximum payout is $1,000 for workers who've served at Home Depot for at least 20 years.

{<jordan}

Trumptards, never change.
Lol I'm sure you wouldn't be happy if you got a $200 bonus

Why is the non profit you are affiliated with worried about paying any income taxes at all? Are they not a registered 501? As long as they are using the profit for a purpose that is in congruence with their mission statement, there should be no problem.

Not a 501c3 (not a 501 of any type). Different type of tax exempt organization, different section of the tax code.

You're right, I wouldn't. That would be a major step down, basically an insult.
obama-rich-guy.gif

Maybe it's called putting in proper context. When something is happening for years in a row and people think it just started happening, it's not shitting on it to point out the pre-existing trends.

If you sell 10% more product every year for the last 5 years and change your CEO. Then you sell 10% more product than the last year, it's foolish to attribute the 10% sales increase to the new CEO when then trend pre-dated the change. When companies have record profits for years and suddenly pay a one time bonus to employees instead of a pay raise, it's important to put that into context.

Some people get upset when context makes things less impressive, that's because they prefer fantasy to reality.

I'm tall and smart. But if someone points out that 10% of the population is taller and 0.1% of the population is smarter they're not shitting on me by pointing out that there are taller and smarter people. They're putting me into context.

It's hard to accept but sometimes shit is just mediocre, it doesn't become great just because you like it.

Uh. Ok

There is such exaggeration in this thread with guys trying to act like ballers

Why you quoting me?

That's that rustlemania, son. Memes got you all fucked up.

Anyone ever actually worked there? I have and I would have loved an extra hundred bucks for free. No one is claiming this is some life changing shit.

No. It is a bad thing

Put it in proper context and know your role in the world

Home Depot is awarding its hourly employees in the U.S. a one-time cash bonus of as much as $1,000 following the passage of new tax legislation.

All U.S. hourly workers will get at least a $200 bonus, a spokeswoman told CNBC, and the maximum payout is $1,000 for workers who've served at Home Depot for at least 20 years.

{<jordan}

Trumptards, never change.
Right, they call that a longevity bonus. Lots of places do that and now someone else is extending that benefit to their employees. lol that you have a problem with that because Trump is president.

Sad.

Right, they call that a longevity bonus. Lots of places do that and now someone else is extending that benefit to their employees. lol that you have a problem with that because Trump is president.

Sad.

You get a billion dollars.

You give $10 to charity, once.

You want my praise for that?

Oh boy.

<puh-lease75>

Yes. Coming from the Baller who runs from actual bets

You can do better than that. You want daddy's attention, I get it, but daddy's out here getting that guap.

More hellacious salt follows.

Inb4:

Worthless! Big fucking deal! Extra money bad! Fuck Trump!

I make 700k a month like everybody else on the dog but I’m still happy that people can get some money back into their pockets whether it’s $200 or 1k.

Count me as not being the type to split hairs, even if it’s only $200 that’s a nice dinner with the wife or something

Waaaaaaaaaaah
They got bonuses
Waaaaaaaaaah
Have to complain somehow
Trump

But seriously why make a thread about this
Sweet. Now instead of having that permanent increase in minimum wage toward a livable standard that a Democrat would have pushed for, Home Depot employees can buy two cartons of smokes!

<puh-lease75>

You can do better than that. You want daddy's attention, I get it, but daddy's out here getting that guap.

More hellacious salt follows.
I'm right and you know it. Why do you have issue with a few people getting something they didn't a week ago because Trump. Hilarious.

If I was working at home depot and someone said "hey how'd you like an extra 6 or 7 hundred dollars in your pay next year for no reason at all?" I'd be pretty happy with that.

I'm a working class person myself, I understand what those little things can mean to people on a budget.

I'm right and you know it. Why do you have issue with a few people getting something they didn't a week ago because Trump. Hilarious.

If I was working at home depot and someone said "hey how'd you like an extra 6 or 7 hundred dollars in your pay next year for no reason at all?" I'd be pretty happy with that.

I'm a working class person myself, I understand what those little things can mean to people on a budget.

Why would someone have an issue with a one time pittance (after the corporation got a fat ass handout) when wages are heavily depressed? Why indeed.

<puh-lease75>

https://www.stock-analysis-on.net/NYSE/Company/Home-Depot-Inc/Analysis/Income-Taxes
Assuming they each get on average $350 from this tax cut: 231 * 350K = $80.5m as employee bonus

% employee bonus of total yearly savings from corporate tax cut = $80.5m/1.66 b = 4.8% or roughly 5%.
So the bonus is about 5% of the yearly savings from the corporate tax cut.
Wait, so this is your good argument? This is your way of showing that the workers are winning? 5%? Really?

Damn, we fucking need unions back in this country.

And there's no reason to assume that they will just pocket the rest of the 95% as equit.
Except all of history.

These companies probably haven't even seen the savings from the tax cut yet, once the taxes of the 2017 tax year are paid for and solidified things will probably get even better.
166.gif

20 years=$1k bonus

What a fucking joke. People used to do easier work and get FULL-ON PENSIONS for that amount of years.
This times a fucking million.

Economic populism: well uhhhh it's better than nothing I guess?
#maga Logic: I'll remember who gave me a $200 check and vote Republican FOREVER!!!

(I just won't think about how they killed unions, stripped benefits, flat-lined salaries, and eliminated pensions.)

Last edited:
Why would someone have an issue with a one time pittance (after the corporation got a fat ass handout) when wages are heavily depressed? Why indeed.

<puh-lease75>
Goalpost moved.

Sweet. Now instead of having that permanent increase in minimum wage toward a livable standard that a Democrat would have pushed for, Home Depot employees can buy two cartons of smokes!
Or they could've gotten nothing. That would've been cool.

Or they could've gotten nothing. That would've been cool.
Don't worry. They got nothing the year before, they'll get nothing the year after. The company meanwhile...

Back