Locked TERMINATOR: DARK FATE (First Teaser Poster; Trailer Tomorrow)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Update: May 22, 2019

First Teaser Poster for TERMINATOR: DARK FATE Featuring Linda Hamilton Returning as Sarah Connor

Dark-Fate-Poster_1200_1873_81_s.jpg

Update: April 4, 2019

New Images from TERMINATOR: DARK FATE Reveal New Look at Arnold Schwarzenegger

6hrc2Ex.jpg

The official synopsis for Terminator: Dark Fate reads: "Linda Hamilton (Sarah Connor) and Arnold Schwarzenegger (T-800) return in their iconic roles in Terminator: Dark Fate, directed by Tim Miller (Deadpool) and produced by visionary filmmaker James Cameron and David Ellison. Following the events of Terminator 2: Judgment Day, Terminator: Dark Fate also stars Mackenzie Davis, Natalia Reyes, Gabriel Luna, and Diego Boneta."

IGN recently spoke to director Tim Miller to discuss the upcoming Terminator movie. While there have been several Terminator films that have attempted to carry on the iconic franchise's legacy released in the past decade, Miller said it was Hamilton's return as Sarah Connor that "made it all click for me" in Dark Fate.

8aQwHCP.jpg

"What makes or breaks a movie is whether I care about the characters when everything starts exploding. I’m sure every action filmmaker says that, but I did really try and focus on the relationships of these characters to one another. And the fact that Linda came back makes this particular Terminator fresh, this story could only continue with her in the role of Sarah Conner. That’s the most important thing for me," said Miller. "Linda reinvented this character in a way that both honors who she was before and brings something new to the role."

But it's not just Hamilton who brings a fresh take on this Terminator sequel. Miller also praised new stars Mackenzie Davis, who plays Grace, and Natalia Reyes, who plays Dani Ramos, for bringing reinvigorated energy to the beloved James Cameron-produced series.

bz1Lpnz.jpg

"Mackenzie is fantastic, I think people are going to be amazed by what a bada** she is. And Natalia is wonderful -- when you read the script you might think, ‘Oh, she’s not a warrior or a soldier or anything exciting like that,’ or worry perhaps that she might be overshadowed by the other four -- but absolutely not. She’s amazing, a-ma-zing," said Miller.

"Because so much of the film takes place on the messy fringes of society, I wanted to bring an indie film sensibility to an action plot in a way that I don’t think I’ve seen before... at least not on a big budget scale," he continued. "We have a lot of powerful, moving character moments up front, but toward the back half of the movie, when s**t gets going.... holy f**king s**t —it just doesn’t stop. And we tried very hard to make it all different and fresh -- it’s not just people punching each other; it’s a roller coaster ride and I think great.”

Terminator: Dark Fate is produced by James Cameron and David Ellison and hits theaters on November 1, 2019.

pLpRBcq.jpg

KYvX37r.jpg

lsBurHs.jpg

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/0...arnold-schwarzenegger-linda-hamilton-synopsis

Update: August 1, 2018

First Official Image of Linda Hamilton, Mackenzie Davis and Natalia Reyes in Untitled TERMINATOR Movie

z0qf2jg.jpg

Update: January 20, 2017

James Cameron to Godfather New TERMINATOR Movie with Director Tim Miller

ppteaPt.jpg

He’ll be back! James Cameron, who regains certain rights to his prized creation The Terminator in 2019, is godfathering a new iteration of the film that might finally get it right in drawing a close in the battle between humans and Skynet.

Sources said that Cameron, whose copyright reversion happens 35 years after the release of the 1984 classic, is in early talks with Deadpool director and VFX wiz Tim Miller to direct a reboot and conclusion of one of cinema’s great science fiction tales.

David Ellison, whose Skydance co-financed Terminator Genisys, is bankrolling an exploratory effort that includes engaging some top-flight science fiction authors to find the movie creatively. Ellison still holds many Terminator rights, after his 2013 acquisition from sister and Annapurna principal Megan Ellison. She bought them in 2011 at Cannes for $20 million.

This is the latest development in an ongoing saga. Indeed, The Terminator might have endured the craziest road of any billion-dollar movie franchise, going back to when Cameron — who only had Piranha 2 under his belt as director — sold rights to his scripted project for $1 to producer Gale Anne Hurd, with the stipulation he could not be fired as director. The result was a 1984 sci-fi classic that launched his star and that of Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Cameron came back and topped himself to write and direct he blockbuster Terminator 2: Judgment Day, but he washed his hands of the property after that. He mentioned to producers Mario Kassar and Andy Vajna his plans to buy the rights back from Carolco bankruptcy. They beat him to the punch, figuring he would still participate, but Cameron responded by walking away. He didn’t participate in the three films that followed, or the TV show The Sarah Connor Chronicles. The rights ended up with Pacificor, which paid $29.5 million, and Megan Ellison bought them after that company floundered.

Cameron has had zero involvement since then, and has largely been silent. The exception was on the last picture, Terminator Genisys. Perhaps because his old buddy and True Lies star Schwarzenegger had returned as the title character, Cameron was generous in his assessment, reportedly saying that the Alan Taylor-directed film had reinvigorated and created a renaissance for the franchise.

Audiences disagreed and the franchise seemed out of gas when the $155 million film grossed $440 million worldwide, but didn’t do nearly well enough in the U.S. Perhaps Cameron was foreshadowing his own future return to the franchise. Much the way that Sony used to rush Spider-Man movies to stay ahead of a rights-reversion ticking clock, it was always known that Cameron would regain clout eventually. It didn’t seem that Skydance or Paramount had much interest continuing the creative track of the last film, but real creative involvement by Cameron, even if he doesn’t direct, changes the whole ballgame. One only has to look at Aliens, True Lies, Titanic or Avatar to see what he is capable of creatively when he puts his mind to something.

http://deadline.com/2017/01/termina...tim-miller-david-ellison-skydance-1201890848/

Ok. OG creator involved, possibility of being good is at least present.

But I give it 50/50

Go smaller budget get people on board again with the franchise.

Do it for like 85 or max 100 mill only make it R rated and more of the feel of the first movie, good script, unknown actors with some talent and looks, make it more dark and gritty and more of a horror chase / no hope vs doom robot.. feel to it.

Limited in size have it more contained more focused.. get the magic back and with the people behind it after it made it's money and got the hype back then go for the big blockbuster 300 mill budget and huge promotion etc etc.

People don't trust the Terminator name no more they won't make your bank so you need to go small and to the core make it good so they have a reason to get hype for it.

Also Cameron go finish those damn Avatar movies or we will totally forget about them.

I wish he would actually direct a new one and stop with the Avatar nonsense.

But bro Avatar 2 / 3 / 4 and maybe 5 will totally be off the chainzzz. xd

Just you wait till he has the technology to stop using 3d glasses for his movie he will be the first one with no glasses and it will be R rated and you will see blue boobs and will be able to feel them to ya.. his not sure witch movies he has to rip off story wise but the technology is getting there soon just 1 or 5 years max 10 yah!!!

ugh, the more I see T2 the worse even that gets, fucking whiny little bitch john and turning the terminator into a bitch

T1 is one of the best movies ever

Dam I was hoping he was directing a new GODFATHER movie!

ugh, the more I see T2 the worse even that gets, fucking whiny little bitch john and turning the terminator into a bitch

T1 is one of the best movies ever
WoW
T2 was art
Only salvation was rubbish

Obviously the rest were not anywhere near as good as t2/1 but still ok

But he still won't direct?

Very gay

WoW
T2 was art
Only salvation was rubbish

Obviously the rest were not anywhere near as good as t2/1 but still ok

like T1 is part of who I am
I took the BETA box from the video store to the hair cutter and told her I wanted my hair cut like arnold (like 3rd grade i guess) and the bitch did it with a RAZORBLADE for fucking real...no idea why she did not use scissors
I had the gargoyle sunglasses
I got an ak47 with a folding stock at 14 oh with a bayonet
i do not trust machines or automation

lol,

don't get me started on RED DAWN

WOLVERINES!!!

PS- before going to this thread now I am listening to the T1 soundtrack-- no lie

and when someone would say some stupid shit to me I would think in my head the answers: Fuck you asshole

i gots issues beeyaches

like T1 is part of who I am
I took the BETA box from the video store to the hair cutter and told her I wanted my hair cut like arnold (like 3rd grade i guess) and the bitch did it with a RAZORBLADE for fucking real...no idea why she did not use scissors
I had the gargoyle sunglasses
I got an ak47 with a folding stock at 14 oh with a bayonet
i do not trust machines or automation

lol,

don't get me started on RED DAWN

WOLVERINES!!!

PS- before going to this thread now I am listening to the T1 soundtrack-- no lie

and when someone would say some stupid shit to me I would think in my head the answers: Fuck you asshole

i gots issues beeyaches

I got the phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range

thought this would be a merger of the two hits. Godfathernator.

No more terminator movies. They made two good movies and a bunch of shitty ones and the whole thing is sour by now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back