All Access Ep. 5 confirms Conor low blow

I watched this fight again and nobody will ever convince me Floyd wasn't trying to punish him in rnds 3-9. Yet it took him completely gassing to put him away. Floyd looked tired himself at times, but he's composed. Conor at the end of rnd 7 when he laid on the ropes to catch his breath LOL. It was definitely fatigue that made him wobbly.

I still believe at distance, McGregor is special and could beat the right fighter. I see why so many pro fighters were impressed.

I watched this fight again and nobody will ever convince me Floyd wasn't trying to punish him in rnds 3-9. Yet it took him completely gassing to put him away. Floyd looked tired himself at times, but he's composed. Conor at the end of rnd 7 when he laid on the ropes to catch his breath LOL. It was definitely fatigue that made him wobbly.

I still believe at distance, McGregor is special and could beat the right fighter. I see why so many pro fighters were impressed.
Lol yes he's composed and i felt more sufficient with his energy..Floyd looked like he could've gone one 10 more rounds

Lol yes he's composed and i felt more sufficient with his energy..Floyd looked like he could've gone one 10 more rounds

Also don't believe the photos. Floyd was easily 200lbs in that fight.

People who've fought Floyd constantly say he has very underrated power. Gatti went to war with Ward. But he was in all types of trouble when Floyd starting hitting him. Floyd even said he hadn't sparred for a month to preserve his hands, so he could throw the power shots he used before the hand breaks.

On the flip side Conor has ridiculously overrated power. He has great timing against generally inferior strikers, that's how he gets his knockouts. But people act like he has the touch of death.

Floyd throwing with bad intentions has more power than Conor.

Having underrated power doesn't translate to having more power than Conor.

I don't see the argument for Conor getting knockouts just because he faces inferior strikers. You could say that about anyone who knocks people out lol. Why isn't other people in MMA/UFC knocking a shitload of people with ease like Conor is if that's the case? He obviously has great power in his fists on top of his timing and precision.

Nah, I still think it's questionable. The angle from Floyd's right side makes it look worse. The closer shot shows it lands ON the belt.

Here's a gfy so you can pause it:

You literally can SEE Floyd's cup bounce from the shot.

I don't see the argument for Conor getting knockouts just because he faces inferior strikers. You could say that about anyone who knocks people out lol. Why isn't other people in MMA/UFC knocking a shitload of people with ease like Conor is if that's the case? He obviously has great power in his fists on top of his timing and precision.

I said it's a combination of having great timing and using it against generally inferior fighters. There are a ton of ko artists in combat sport that don't have special power but do have extremely good timing and accuracy. It's nothing new.

Conor is a Platinum level fighter, Floyd is challenger level. The platinum can defend himself at times and create the illusion of competition, but the winner was never in doubt.
007b4f9a.png

I said it's a combination of having great timing and using it against generally inferior fighters. There are a ton of ko artists in combat sport that don't have special power but do have extremely good timing and accuracy. It's nothing new.

You calling them "inferior fighters" is a nothing comment. He's a non-pro boxer fighting other non-pro boxers, of course he's gonna be out of his depth fighting someone with 20+ years of boxing experience, but that doesn't translate to having little to no power. Don't bother telling me boxers have naturally better chins either.

To be honest, I'd be more impressed with Conor's KO record if it were a matter of timing and precision and nothing to do with gifted power, but I don't believe so. There's a lot of other fighters that land clean and land flush just as often on their opponents as Conor does on his, yet they don't have a huge streak of KO's like he does.

So it wasn't a low blow then? That's what I'm seeing, thanks TS I know it wasn't your intention but thanks, Conor did in fact hurt Floyd.

Fun part is: Mayweather gave that low blow back later on deliberately :)

It looks to me like Conor DOES have good power...for MMA.

Berto said Mayweather is not a hard puncher, but a "sharp puncher" who "gets your attention." That's coming from a professional boxer, where the standard for hitting hard is insanely high. It's like if Tyson Gay or Justin Gatlin said that some guy's running was "not that fast, but still kinda dangerous." That guy who is only semi-dangerous to them would destroy anyone you've ever seen who wasn't in the Olympics.

Seriously, the guy who set the record at the NFL Combine's 40-yard dash (Chris Johnson) has a personal best 100M time of 10.66, a full SECOND behind Bolt and not even in the picture if he was in an Olympic sprinting final.

I think if u could hook them up to a machine to test power, Conor would have more power. But Floyd would be able to sustain his power over time. Conor's power would decrease quickly. Also Floyd knows how to punch since that is his profession. Floyd is basically a black belt in boxing and Conor just walked in off the street. I really wonder if he believed he was going to win or was it just show. Cuz he did not look like his usual calm and cocky self to start the fight.

The way Floyd took that low blow or body shot, whatever u want to call it. He'd be crying after a couple kicks to the legs in mma.

When I watched this ep, there was no carrying imo. He waited Conor out. He knew he would get him out sooner or later, becuz he knew he would gas out. I Still can't believe he went into this fight with mma trainers. He really should've had a boxing guy.

Also for the people claiming he wqs brain damaged, he seemee to immediately tell tye ref the stoppage was quick.

Dee is so sexy. Why is Conor putting her thru such stress?

Conor is an exceptional counter puncher. He has a gift. This fight proved that imo. That ability is the reason for his KOs in mma. And mma guys dont bob and weave like pro boxers. Even Diaz just looks like a stationary target and Pro Boxers praise his abilities. So maybe its becuz they have to focus on kicks.

Floyd also uses his legs in his punches. Conor was throwing arm punches all night.

There are plenty of smaller fighters that have more pop in their punches than bigger ones.

Yeah but since when does a 40 year old pillow fist w brittle hands hit harder than the "touch of god" Conor "head clean off" McGregor?

Back