Aljamain Sterling wonders why ppl don't like Floyd when him and Mcgregor are "the same"

Conors following a similar career model as Floyd. But by no means are they the same.

Except they're not the exact same person. Conor has a likable charisma to him, he's funny and engaging, he comes off more as a character people want to live vicariously through, Floyd carries himself like a cocky dick, he doesn't have the same charisma Conor does, but he doesn't need to because he's a good heel.

Fighters need to study the LITTLE things Conor does to understand why he's so marketable.

other than the fact Floyd beats women why don't people like him? I don't need another reason.

I was fan of Floyd before that came out; I love the defensive style of boxing.

Last edited:
People do hate Conor including a large portion of Sherdog including me

Conor has 10x the personality of Floyd. They have a lot in common, yes, but they have a lot more differences. Conor's funny and exciting.

dunno what ya'll on about, Conor and Floyd both have alot of haters, apologists, and fans.

3 seconds scroll i'm already readings mctapper and mcneverdefend.

Floyd has 16 million followers on Instagram.

He is wildly, wildly popular.

To say 'people don't like him' is an absurd claim. He has fans and detractors, like all super successful famous entertainers do.

1. The accent (to me) makes Mcgregor funnier.
2. In general Mcgregor is just funnier.
3. I don't like cocky guys like Mcgregor but if you can make me laugh well then I'm willing to put up with your ass hole attitude.

floyd dad was out of floyds life for 10 year when he went to jail for selling drugs

you don't know shit bout boxing nerd

He also used him as a human shield when he was a baby.

But he also put him in a position to be the most financially successful fighter ever, by teaching him to fight as a baby, training him as an amateur, managing the early parts of his career, and putting him in touch with the right people. And he also has CTE and a drug problem. And he also likely had no father of his own. And he's also his father.

Next time you try to educate someone about boxing, make sure their profile isn't dedicated to The Marvelous Marvin Hagler.

Hmm. From reading some of his Tweets, his real question seems to be; 'how do I win over some fans/get them to like me?'

Is Floyd funny? Does he finish fights?

Conor is mostly hated by losers online. When you talk to actual fighters and people in gyms, everyone seems to have a lot of respect for him. And this is simple stuff, of course: If you're a fighter yourself, you understand that there's something special about the guy. And you might even have enough self esteem to not hate on someone just because they happen to be extraordinarily successful.

Aljamain, you race baiting nutria

I'll bite, it's because one of them's ancesters died from a lack of potatos,

while the other one is descendants from pharaohs.
The whole African continent is decendant from pharoahs?? Definite reach

The truth is that we all have small genetic differences that let us succeed but we all still evolved from a greater ape ancestor that came from Africa.. so truth is that both Floyd and Conor's ancestors if you go back far enough are the same and from Africa.

Great white hope maybe? /shrugg

and honestly idk whats worse if the biebz singing or floyd shouting that yeah, hard work retarded bs....i lose braincells everytime i hear that shit.

One has 1 in a million charisma and personality and one doesn't?

Back