Iuri Alcantara vs. Aljeandro Perez
Liz Carmouche vs. Alexis Davis
Eryk Anders vs. John Phillips
Trevin Giles vs. Antonio Braga Neto
Scott Holtzman vs. Darrell Horcher
Alex Perez vs. Carls John de Tomas
Chris Gruetzemacher vs. Davi Ramos
Benito Lopez vs. Albert Morales

Very, very shitty card and looks just about complete. I was going to go to this card but I'm definitely not going to pay money to make the couple hour drive up, get tickets, hotel, etc. Just isn't worth it with a piss poor card like this.

piss poor card? wtf no way man.. its decent for an fx card

also, does aljo ever get an easy matchup? jeez

Its fine for a fight night. You just want more cause you want to attend.

Its not a great fight night, obviously, but its got a very solid headliner and multiple interesting matchups.
Look at the card. What fight there qualifies as a Co-Main? There aren't any solid Main Card fights, it's very weak. One of the weaker domestic FN's the UFC has had this year. It isn't just because I was thinking about attending.

Weird fight, weirder card. Looks like they used this card as the throwaway matchup card to see if they can throw anything against the wall and make it stick. The "can the UFC by itself with no major names sell a card and get decent ratings" trick.

I'll watch it like usual but when the biggest name on the card is Cub by far, they need to do a better job marketing more fighters than just the person holding a gold belt and a few loudmouths.

That said, we know this will be card of the year. That's how these things happen, so I'm not concerned.

Great fight, love seeing Yahya work.
Sterling has nothing for him, imo.

Don't mind it. Sterling should take it. Hope it is one of those cards that sucks on paper. But kicks ass with finishes.

UFC Fight Night 123 Fresno so far:

Cub Swanson vs. Brian Ortega
Bryan Caraway vs. Luke Sanders
Jason Knight vs. Gabriel Benitez
Aljamain Sterling vs. Rani Yayha
Iuri Alcantara vs. Aljeandro Perez
Liz Carmouche vs. Alexis Davis
Eryk Anders vs. John Phillips
Trevin Giles vs. Antonio Braga Neto
Scott Holtzman vs. Darrell Horcher
Alex Perez vs. Carls John de Tomas
Chris Gruetzemacher vs. Davi Ramos
Benito Lopez vs. Albert Morales

Very, very shitty card and looks just about complete. I was going to go to this card but I'm definitely not going to pay money to make the couple hour drive up, get tickets, hotel, etc. Just isn't worth it with a piss poor card like this.

Sterling is the favorite and should be. Can see Yahya pulling something on him though, decent fight. Card in general is shit but Swanson/Ortega should be good same with Sterling/Yahya.

Look at the card. What fight there qualifies as a Co-Main? There aren't any solid Main Card fights, it's very weak. One of the weaker domestic FN's the UFC has had this year. It isn't just because I was thinking about attending.

Since when do fight nights have great co mains?

Some fight night comains this year.

Boetsch vs Hendricks
Iaquinta vs Diego
Hendricks vs Lombard
Felice Herrig vs Alexa Grasso

Yea fight nights always get big time co mains right? Those fights are fucking fire

Didnt even bring up European fight nights. Youre lucky to get a fighter who you even know on those cards.

What a shit card, and easily one of the worst in recent memory, especially given that this is their planned card and there have been no injuries yet.

Since when do fight nights have great co mains?

Some fight night comains this year.

Boetsch vs Hendricks
Iaquinta vs Diego
Hendricks vs Lombard
Felice Herrig vs Alexa Grasso

Yea fight nights always get big time co mains right? Those fights are fucking fire

Didnt even bring up European fight nights. Youre lucky to get a fighter who you even know on those cards.
All of those fights are better than any Co-Main they can make on this card except for Herrig-Grasso. You also conveniently left out a bunch of other Co-Mains for FNs the UFC have had this year that are quite good. We've had:

Perry vs. Reyes (This was supposed to be Perry vs. Alves which is why I included it)
RDA vs. Saffiedine
Brunson vs. Kelly
Volkan vs. Cirkunov
Gunnar vs. Jouban

And I'm sure there's more. All these fights plus the fights you just listed are better than anything they can put as Co-Main for this card. Obviously my opinion. Euro Fight Nights are a completely different story. Domestic Fight Nights are always better.

I know Sterling wants a top 5 guy, but I love this for him. Great stylistic match up that allows him to get more experience, more momentum (3rd W in a row), & confidence heading forward. His standup has looked better and better in each fight since the Caraway loss. He is going to be a handful for anybody heading into 2018 & beyond.

If it gets one more decent fight for a co main I think that would help it a lot. Maybe something like OSP vs Latifi, Alves vs Meek, MJ vs Elkins, Stephens vs Siver, Chiesa vs Oliviera, Dunham vs Khabilov, Boetch vs Smith, Volkov vs Ledet
Stephens/MJ or Chiesa/Bronx. Both would make this card awesome

All of those fights are better than any Co-Main they can make on this card except for Herrig-Grasso. You also conveniently left out a bunch of other Co-Mains for FNs the UFC have had this year that are quite good. We've had:

Perry vs. Reyes (This was supposed to be Perry vs. Alves which is why I included it)
RDA vs. Saffiedine
Brunson vs. Kelly
Volkan vs. Cirkunov
Gunnar vs. Jouban

And I'm sure there's more. All these fights plus the fights you just listed are better than anything they can put as Co-Main for this card. Obviously my opinion. Euro Fight Nights are a completely different story. Domestic Fight Nights are always better.

Why would i list the fight nights that had better co mains? I didnt say fight nights never have better co mains, thats clearly untrue, but a fight like Aljo vs Yahya as co main on a fight night isnt a rarity or even uncommon. Shit Lobov vs Swanson headlined a fight night.

Im sure you were hoping for a Ufc Pittsburgh, Sao Paolo or Norfolk type fight night. Unfortunately youre not going to get that type of card. Fight nights are hit or miss, always have been. Still only 12 fights maybe you will get lucky and add one more really solid fight

Why would i list the fight nights that had better co mains? I didnt say fight nights never have better co mains, thats clearly untrue, but a fight like Aljo vs Yahya as co main on a fight night isnt a rarity or even uncommon. Shit Lobov vs Swanson headlined a fight night.

Im sure you were hoping for a Ufc Pittsburgh, Sao Paolo or Norfolk type fight night. Unfortunately youre not going to get that type of card. Fight nights are hit or miss, always have been. Still only 12 fights maybe you will get lucky and add one more really solid fight
Yep, FNs are definitely hit or miss. I hope they do man. I like a lot of the fights Sublime Fan listed out and they seem reasonable. These kind of cards tend to deliver, it's got some nice prospects like Anders and Giles but I'm just not willing to shell out money for this sort of card. I'm sure I'll enjoy watching it on TV though.

piss poor card? wtf no way man.. its decent for an fx card

also, does aljo ever get an easy matchup? jeez
Nope, he asked for more money & they wanted him to prove his worth. Time to prove it.

Ark is right it's piss poor. Nothing but lower weight class fights on the main card and not even top contenders spread throughout. They loaded the gills out of the card before and after this one which sucks a few of those fights could of helped bolster this card but it's crappy so far. They need a strong co-main to balance it out

Interesting fight. Definitely can see sterling takin the win by decision.

I hope Yahya submits him, Yahya is a much better grappler than Barao, Caraway and Assuncao.

Back