Aljamain Sterling: 'Entitled' Dominick Cruz just wants to sit, watch ‘real contenders’ eliminate eac

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
Now just a few days removed from the event, "Funkmaster" is explaining his call out, saying he doesn't appreciate Cruz’ entitled attitude when it comes to the 135-pound title chase.

"I'm not necessarily mad at him, but at this point in the game I think he's a little too entitled to feel he deserves a title shot after a one-sided loss," he explained on “The Ariel Helwani MMA Show.” "He got beat around from pillar to post in the cage against Cody Garbrandt. And Cody just got starched twice by T.J.”

Furthermore, Sterling says Cruz’ latest extended injury-related hiatus eliminates him from the pool of active contenders. Speaking of which, Sterling says "The Dominator" is using his time off just to sit and watch the real contenders pick each other off.

"Then you don't fight for two years and think you're just going to sit and let all the real contenders, the fighters who are really putting in the work, come out and fight each other to eliminate each other so you can say, 'I'm the last guy standing because I was out.' Fuck that, you got to fight and stay relevant," he added.

"I understand you're doing the commentary and you think that's your way to stay relevant. No bro, we're the ones putting in the work."

https://www.mmamania.com/platform/a...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Not a good look for Sterling

Of course Cruz will get the shot, he already holds a W over TJ

Its like Sterling is stupid or something

Sterling is 100% right but people are gonna shit on him because he’s not well liked.

Moraes should get the shot and Cruz should face Assunscao for number one contender.

Yes I realize Assunscao beat Moraes by split decision but he already fought TJ twice and was dominated last time. This division needs new matchups and Cruz doesn’t deserve shit. It’s not like he KO’d TJ when they fought.

Hes right. Cruz does not deserve a shot and sat out to wait for one. Aljo isnt saying he should be next. Hes saying Cruz should have to fight through the wolfsden like everyone else. Ge got absolutely styled on his last fight

Yeah I agree with Aljamain on this one. Even though Cruz has a win over TJ he's coming off a pretty one-sided beatdown from Cody and hasn't fought in almost two years. Meanwhile Moraes, Assuncao etc have been wrecking shop.

It's not like they don't have anyone to give a shitle tot to. Cruz should fight a top 5 guy before fighting for the belt imho.

Cruz vs Sterling.
TJ vs Assuncao
Moraes vs Lineker.
Cody vs Rivera.

Sterling is good but why go after Cruz? Call out the champ already.

Of course Cruz will get the shot, he already holds a W over TJ
Fuck off with that.Just because he holds a win against current champ doesn't mean he deserves a title shot.Especially after he lost his last fight and pulled out of his last fight.Did Struve deserve to fight for the title against Miocic just because he has a win over him?

Aljo is gonna get Lineker for this, and we all know how that most likely ends.

Killashaw will cut through him in the rematch like a buzzsaw.

Sterling is 100% right.
Why does Cruz's win 2 and a half+ years ago matter? TJ fought 4 more times after that. 2 of those times were beating the guy that beat Cruz.

He shouldn't get to skip the line based on past accomplishments. There are other fighters that deserve their shots, and are out there fighting for it. Waiting for contenders to knock each other off the shelf is crap.

Aljo is right Cruz doesn't deserve a rematch as his last fight was a loss and was nearly 2 years ago. Moraes should get the next title shot.

Cruz would give aljo a ballet masterclass and embarass him

Hopefully Cruz wins and fights Cody ten months later, that's how 135 works.

Sterling is 100% right.
Why does Cruz's win 2 and a half+ years ago matter? TJ fought 4 more times after that. 2 of those times were beating the guy that beat Cruz.

He shouldn't get to skip the line based on past accomplishments. There are other fighters that deserve their shots, and are out there fighting for it. Waiting for contenders to knock each other off the shelf is crap.
UFC desperately needs names to sell PPVs. Cruz may not be a huge name, but he is known and his comeback story against TJ in 2016 is still floating around. They probanly don't want to risk him injuring himself against another contender. Not the best policy, I agree.

Back