Aljamain says knee KO was ‘luck’

Mouthguard.JPG

<{1-17}>

Why is he a dick? What he do to u?

I was waiting in the lobby at the hotel that weekend when he beat Johnny Eduardo and I saw him there too, so I humbly walked over and told him, ‘hey man congrats on the win,’ and he acts like a dick by brushing me off like, of course it was easy-work. He just had an arrogant vibe to him. Like he’s mr. big shot.

Later on he goes on Ariel’s show talking about how he’s demanding a new contract or something. He thinks the UFC needs to pay him more and market him to the young black male crowd.

We also saw him lose to Mr. Tate in his next fight after all that Twitter trash talking so, I guess it was very fitting.

Last edited:
Easy there guys. Marlon himself said something similar about the KO. He was trying to throw a kick and then Aljo basically launched himself into the knee.

Moraes was dominating the fight before hand, but that brutal KO was probably as Aljo described.

He said it's something he trains, and he can use the attack as either a head kick or knee. I'm 90% sure he said it in his post fight talk.

“Like, what kind of shit luck was that? I want to say Marlon lucked out that day. He was the luckier one. He happened to throw a kick when I was shooting in... from Guam. I made a mental mistake, I had a mental lapse and made a rookie mistake, shooting from so far away without setting it up and I paid for it.”

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/4/...nta-223-moraes-ko-lit-fire-mma-interview-news

———————-

JqP669.gif

This guy will never learn. I’ve met this dude in Vegas before, he’s a dick.
what made him seem like a dick?

Easy there guys. Marlon himself said something similar about the KO. He was trying to throw a kick and then Aljo basically launched himself into the knee.

Moraes was dominating the fight before hand, but that brutal KO was probably as Aljo described.
Exactly.

The KO was less of a fluke than, say, Mousasi vs Hall 1 was, but to say that the finishing sequence wasn't unlucky for Sterling is just intellectual dishonesty to me.

hall.gif

I'll just go ahead and post the Mousasi vs Hall gif for reference in case someone forgot just how fluky it truly was.

Aljo was getting his ass kicked, but in all fairness there's no way that knee was supposed to catch his head. Moraes was clearly trying to throw a kick and Sterling dived right into it.

I'm surprised he didn't blame racism for getting knocked out. He was turning out to be like Woodley and his race card.

I hate when fighters call it luck

Just accept defeat like a man and move on

It should make you hungry to learn and fix that mistake than it would to make excuses as it shouldn't have happened

Just say he was the better man that night and if you face again you hope to be the better man then

Simple

You're talking about a guy who wears a giant silver rope necklace. Reality and perspective probably aren't present in his brain.

It's shit like this which is why he will never have fans
And end up in Bellator

The knee was absolutley luck. Thats not to say a ko or finish wasn't inevetible, but yeah that knee wasnt intentional at all

The knee was absolutley luck. Thats not to say a ko or finish wasn't inevetible, but yeah that knee wasnt intentional at all

John+Dodson+Breaks+John+Moraga%27s+Nose+-+UFC+Fight+Night+Albuquerque.gif

Not a lucky kick. Coach tells me to throw with the intent to kick but don’t be surprised if the knee catches someone ducking in.

That’s how the technique is thrown, you raise your knee, pivot the other foot, and snap the kick.

Why do you people keep doubting this???

John+Dodson+Breaks+John+Moraga%27s+Nose+-+UFC+Fight+Night+Albuquerque.gif

Not a lucky kick. Coach tells me to throw with the intent to kick but don’t be surprised if the knee catches someone ducking in.

That’s how the technique is thrown, you raise your knee, pivot the other foot, and snap the kick.

Why do you people keep doubting this???
Thats the way kicks are thrown in general to maximize effectiveness. There is no intent to actually land a knee

Sterling might have the worst cockiness to success ratio in the game right now.

Bump, cause I'm to lazy to make a thread and this one is kinda ironic too.

This thread is a good reason why Petr may of thrown the knee imo, because of studying tape like this scrap.

He should of been more timely with it like the magic man himself.

Back