Alistar Overeem is the most accurate striker in the history of UFC!!!

andreicarma23

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He has 75 percent accuracy. Anderson Silva is the second most accurate fighter in ufc history with 63%. WOW, he has quit a lot more accurate than pretty much anyone else in UFC history. Not even Anderson Silva come close to him.

are they counting his headbutts to his opponents' fists?

really though he does a lot of knees and kicks which are hard to miss with. he picks his shots well and doesn't flounder around with a jab so i'm not too surprised at this. really hope he can get a crack at the title

Now what actually qualifies as accuracy? Because if I remember Andy's fights, when he'd throw you were typically done after that. Where Reem is more active and throwing.

Impressive, but not extremely surprising. He's a very experienced and talented striker, and he isn't a volume striker. Not so many combinations unless he sees that he hurts his opponent. He has a good deal of weaknesses too though.

I think Reem record would be 54-0 if he had a chin. In every loss of him he was the one who dominated the fight but got caught.

He's very efficeint and throws with purpose. I know all fighters throw w/ purpose to some extent but Reem always looks like he has a plan. Since joining Jackson/Wink those plans have been much better. ;)

I think Reem record would be 54-0 if he had a chin. In every loss of him he was the one who dominated the fight but got caught.

If Reem had cardio and a chin it wouldn't be fair. God knew this and gave him a glass jaw.

Even without rounds he's one of the scarier fighters

This is the reason every HW is scared of Reem, did you guys see the look in JDS's eyes. The guy's accurate and hits really hard. I thought Reem was going to knock out Nelson cold but his chin...
Imagine Reem with Nelson's chin.

Well he is because he isn't really active in fights.

He's really methodical since he doesn't have a great gas tank and sometimes gets caught.

Overeem will still beat Werdum IMO.

Except for the Shogun, Minotoro, Hoffman, Werdum, and Sergei losses.

Now what actually qualifies as accuracy? Because if I remember Andy's fights, when he'd throw you were typically done after that. Where Reem is more active and throwing.

Anderson also feints quite a bit, which can be counted against him. Overeem doesn't typically use a jab too often.

Remy Bonjasky vs Alistair Overeem was one of my favorite Kickboxing bouts ever. Alistair's knees to the thighs were sweet as hell. Bonjasky caught him with a knee and punches tho.

Back