Alistair Overeem vs. Sergey Pavlovich in the works for UFC Beijing on November 24

Who Wins?

• Total voters
A few gifs of him obliterating guys in the Russian MMA scene
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
Trains at Eagles MMA (Khabib's team) and does some camps at AKA
50d944ed7244ba60a2ecf87ec1563539.png

c2788e65c3a422659e1c3e810e2ce459.png

9c157af76291fa0418682159e26bdc45.png

Last edited:
Is this reems last fight of his contract? Putting a guy who makes close to a Milly on a fight pass card is a bit concerning.

Interesting. Hard not to root for Reem at this point, hopefully Pavlovich makes a good showing win or lose.

I was beginning to wonder if they were going to add more fights to this card. Still only has like 7 fights booked.

Interesting. Hard not to root for Reem at this point, hopefully Pavlovich makes a good showing win or lose.

I was beginning to wonder if they were going to add more fights to this card. Still only has like 7 fights booked.
It's very likely that at least other 3 bouts will feature these 3:
Welterweight - Li Jingliang vs. TBD
Featherweight - Wang Guan vs. TBD
Welterweight - Song Kenan vs. TBD
Current card:
42ffab0e0fc0820499f0d18f0a4d3bef.png

First fight in the UFC and you get Reem (I know, older and coming of a loss but still) ain't that something, good luck it's a challenge from the get go.
Its a tough challenge but to me it says the UFC is trying to fast-track some new heavyweights, given that Cormier is about to retire and that will leave the Heavyweight belt vacant (that's assuming he keeps winning at Heavyweight of course...).

I've always got the strong impression that UFC was trying to find someone to beat Stipe, so given Ngannou's fall from grace, I think they want a new guy to promote strongly. Pavlovich would fit that spec. Heavyweight fights always a bit of a coin-toss......

Overeem is currently ranked No.6 so if Pavlovich KO's him then I can see them giving Pav someone like Lewis or Blades or Volkov after that.

I'm taking Sergey considering in he UFC alone Reem has been starched by:

• Curtis Blaydes
  • Francis
  • Stipe
  • Ben Rothwell
  • Travis Browne
  • Bigfoot
Not to count his previous 10 career KO losses, when will he stop collecting all this CTE? He's gonna die in the ring.

The fuck is up with UFC throwing these slav heavyweight prospects to the wolves. First Ivanov and now Sergey. Build em up first, jeez.

It will be like Apollo creed vs Ivan Drago

Overeems chin is extremely underrated.

Wasn't that other M-1 guy supposed to stiffen Thiago Alves and barely won a decision?

Good to see he could be #1 HW prospect but I’ll wait to see him in action in ufc but I get too excited.

Its a tough challenge but to me it says the UFC is trying to fast-track some new heavyweights, given that Cormier is about to retire and that will leave the Heavyweight belt vacant (that's assuming he keeps winning at Heavyweight of course...).

I've always got the strong impression that UFC was trying to find someone to beat Stipe, so given Ngannou's fall from grace, I think they want a new guy to promote strongly. Pavlovich would fit that spec. Heavyweight fights always a bit of a coin-toss......

Overeem is currently ranked No.6 so if Pavlovich KO's him then I can see them giving Pav someone like Lewis or Blades or Volkov after that.

Yes UFC didn't like Stipe.. he didn't sell good PPVs and they tried to stack his cards, have big promo and contender for him, have the WWE stuff with CM Punk and try to get more eyes on him. Overall maybe they didn't know how to promote him but in the end their idea is simple let others try cause this is the max they can get out of Stipe in terms of PPV wise.

With this fight now, it's do or die.. use the big Reem name to catapult a new guy or have Reem destroy him and get his confidence back. The fight can easily go for either of them.. depends who is more aggressive and who lands faster then the other guy. But why do this to a new guy, why not take him slow develop him for a few fights with unranked people then slowly up the ranks and let him get that UFC experience, this is so extreme it's either the next big thing or a bust. Like how they did with JDS and Ivanov (I know he was a tad older) but just imagine if they let him slower in the UFC and not here takes JDS in you first fight like you already don't have enough emotion and stuff to handle as your first big fight in the biggest promotion in the world.

pretty rough fight for a debut, unless of course he even slightly connects on reem lol.

Kind of weird a big fight like this is only on 5 weeks notice.

Back