Alistair Overeem receives his license

Ok, not saying either way whether he was or wasn't using PEDs..but why is it that every time someone sees someone who looks "super-human", they play the "steroids" card? Is it not possible that nutrition and training methods have become more advanced that it IS possible for people to look like that naturally?

I love the argument that oh he was so skinny fighting at 205... do people realize that moving to heavyweight allowed him to gain all the mass he was cutting to get to 205..

He could do 100 random drug tests and have both the submission and the lab analysis video taped live and some people would still believe that he is juicing. It's because they want to believe it and there is no reasoning with such people. I'm just glad that he has is license and is eligible to fight. That's enough for me. I look forward to watching Overeem FIGHT and leave the drug testing debate too people who have the time and energy to waste on that.

With alot of hard work and determination, it's definitely possible !

alistairovereem.jpg

Can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not..but..over the course of 9 years..yes..it is definitely possible to change your physique like that..

Can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not..but..over the course of 9 years..yes..it is definitely possible to change your physique like that..

It is, if your focus is on muscle gain. If you are doing high endurance activities it would be almost impossible though. You would have to have absolutely perfect genetics to achieve that naturally, even in that amount of time.

Well his test levels were elevated but they didn't find any "steroids" in his system.

He was suspended for having high test levels. I'm just saying...

Testosterone is a steroid. He was injected with testosterone.

Whether you believe his explanation as to why is a different matter.

Actually in your 30s is when you're capable of putting on the most muscle.

It's easier to build muscle in your early 20's. It's for some reason easier to tone the muscle you have in your 30's, if that makes sense

It's easier to build muscle in your early 20's. It's for some reason easier to tone the muscle you have in your 30's, if that makes sense

Depends on the person. Some people fill out way more easily in their late twenties or early thirties than their early twenties.

Hell it's rare, but you get some men who aren't even finished growing height / frame wise till their late twenties. My brother went from being a skinny framed guy to a fairly heavy boned guy when he was around 28. Could be something to do with the fact he was borderline malnourished through his twenties but still.

Oh, I'm a child now? I guess you're the grown-up here to set me straight? LOL

If you require further explanation as to the relevance, since it is not apparent to you, it's this:

Big giant men with enormous power, who fight professionally, punching each other in the face as hard as they can with minimally padded gloves, is going to result in them hurting, rocking, and knocking each other out from time-to-time, regardless of how well they can take a punch.

It is quite easy to cherry pick 1 or 2 examples to fault the ability to take a punch of virtually any HW who has ever fought.

Given that the example you provided was in a fight where Cain actually recovered, and won in dominant fashion, I'd say it's a bit out of line to stick Cain with the "can't take a punch" label.

Again, I wasn't the one who gave him that label. I was responding to someone who believed that label was put on him based solely on the first fight with JDS. I was providing another example.

You gave examples of Cain taking shots right on the button and still dominating the fight......:redface:

The point was he got buckled... He'll have to be very fast paced against Reem, but must avoid kicks and knees as Overeem's MT presents different (not necessarily more) problems than JDS's boxing.

Depends on the person. Some people fill out way more easily in their late twenties or early thirties than their early twenties.

Hell it's rare, but you get some men who aren't even finished growing height / frame wise till their late twenties. My brother went from being a skinny framed guy to a fairly heavy boned guy when he was around 28. Could be something to do with the fact he was borderline malnourished through his twenties but still.

They fill out because their metabolism slows down greatly around 28-29. Thus, their body stops burning up muscle that they're using, allowing them to look more toned. Your body stops producing muscle fiber, as in like actually building muscle, around 24

he seemed to recover pretty quick to me? i mean he shot for take downs and got some if not all if i remember correctly...im not much of a cain fan, but i think he takes this easily. ill eat my words if the reem takes hes belt, but i think hes being hyped way too much and he still has to get passed bigfoot which i honestly think is going to be a tougher fight than most people think.

No doubt... Overeem is hyped more than someone with less muscles and the same resume would be hyped. I think the fight will be similar to the JDS fight, assuming Overeem doesn't land a hellacious knee of some sort.

The point was he got buckled... He'll have to be very fast paced against Reem, but must avoid kicks and knees as Overeem's MT presents different (not necessarily more) problems than JDS's boxing.

"Getting buckled" by a good punch does not mean you can't take a punch. Those punches from Kongo were right on the money, with Cain walking right into them, and he still dominated the fight, and in many cases, finished the very takedown he was attempting.

All of the iron chinned guys in MMA - your Hendos, Hunts, Lebens, Shogun, BJ, etc. have been buckled by punches before.

Your example was absurd.

He could do 100 random drug tests and have both the submission and the lab analysis video taped live and some people would still believe that he is juicing. It's because they want to believe it and there is no reasoning with such people.
Do you live in some alternate reality where Overeem didn't fail a random test and wasn't suspended for 9 months?

"Getting buckled" by a good punch does not mean you can't take a punch. Those punches from Kongo were right on the money, with Cain walking right into them, and he still dominated the fight, and in many cases, finished the very takedown he was attempting.

All of the iron chinned guys in MMA - your Hendos, Hunts, Lebens, Shogun, BJ, etc. have been buckled by punches before.

Your example was absurd.

Nevermind that Wanderlei Silva is widley touted as having one of the best chins of all time and he's been finished multiple times

Yes he has used synthetic steroids

No I do not care

Let's just see him fight.

Do you live in some alternate reality where Overeem didn't fail a random test and wasn't suspended for 9 months?

If Overeem fails a drug test he MUST be juicing and if Overeem passes a drug test there must be some reason to believe he's still juicing. That is the double standard I'm talking about. He can't be proven innocent no matter what the evidence is in his favor and people who think like that are biased. I have always maintained that I don't know what athletes are putting in their bodies and I will always look at the totality of the evidence before passing judgment.

Overeem just passed seven drug tests....SEVEN and people are still finding excuses to believe that he can pass and still be on illegal Performance Enhancing Drugs. He's done more than enough to clear his name or at the very least prove that at the present he is not juicing. People are entitled to their suspicions but their unwillingness to accept credible evidence that Overeem is clean today indicates blatant bias.

So my question to you is:

In what alternate reality do YOU live in where Overeem passed 7 drug tests and got his license but shouldn't be given the benefit of a doubt that he's a clean fighter?

Last edited:
Back