ALIEN: COVENANT Thread v.2 (Dragonlord's Review, post #1)

If you have seen ALIEN: COVENANT, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Oh no...
My worst fears have been realized. Not surprised though.

Scott is very hit or miss these days. Absolutely loved The Martian.

He's been hit or miss his entire career.

Speaking of Martian, I personally found it to be extremely mediocre.

Well hope springs eternal for Blade Runner 2049 and The Last Jedi.
Dangit Ridley! :(

The problem is they do Prometheus, and then skip ten years into future and forget about everything on Prometheus.

I guess showcasing the Engineers, and their world with Noomi Rapace is just too expensive of a movie to do.

So they just decide to do Aliens 2 with explorers instead of marines.

I am surprised you gave it a 5.5/6 out of 10...Ridley Scott has definitely alienated the fans of this series...

You just won the contest and named the next alien movie!! Alien 7: Alienated

It's about a crew of misfits from the planet dumbass getting inexplicably sent into space with a robot companion who may, or may not, (finding out is the payoff) have ulterior motives. Then an alien starts killing them.

I've heard rumors that the big twist at the end is that it shares a movie universe with the movie Idiocracy, which you could figure out if you followed the clues.

Looking forward to Alien 7: Alienated

FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK.

Goddamit.

Not much hope for this since seeing the trailer. will still watch, though.

Timestamped for relevancy:

I've given up on future Alien films. The first two were masterpieces and no sea-boot is going to make them better or worse. Giving the reins to Blomkamp is no solution. After Chappie I never wish to see another Blomkamp film, despite my enduring love for District 9, he's a one hit wonder as far as I'm concerned.

not shocked really

If this is what Ridley Scott has in store for future Alien prequels, he should just stop and do something else. Or better yet, allow Neill Blomkamp to proceed with his planned Alien do-over sequel where Hicks and Newt are still alive. Interest for the Alien franchise will probably die down steadily with each prequel Ridley releases. This is starting to feel more and more like when George Lucas' botched up the Star Wars prequels.

@Dragonlordxxxxx , I read somewhere that FOX masterminded a surprise Alien 5 by Blomkamp as a way to light a fire under Ridley Scott's ass to finish the Prometheus sequel they wanted....

If Scott was rushed into making this, it's no surprise its so poorly written/put together

The last thing I want from any movie franchise is pandering to audiences like more xenomorphs. The Engineers homeplanet and Shaw and David's journey there could have been really compelling stuff. Also, I love Kenny Powers but the last place I want to see him is in a horror thriller movie. Disgusting.

Well hope springs eternal for Blade Runner 2049 and The Last Jedi.
Dangit Ridley! :(

Ridley's only Executive Producer and Villeneuve + Deakins has been cinematic gold for the most part. The only thing to be worried about is if they nail the script. Cautiously excited for that.

Really dissapointed to hear this is basically filler like a typical flash episode, we will get hints of something good but everything is saved for the sequel....Sigh. After seeing David dump those pods on the civilization, I was really hoping that story would be the meat of the movie. Seeing the engineers running in fear from spores and neomorphs would have been awesome. Why no shaw time talking to the engineers? Thats what we (i) wanted.

Really dissapointed to hear this is basically filler like a typical flash episode, we will get hints of something good but everything is saved for the sequel....Sigh. After seeing David dump those pods on the civilization, I was really hoping that story would be the meat of the movie. Seeing the engineers running in fear from spores and neomorphs would have been awesome. Why no shaw time talking to the engineers? Thats what we (i) wanted.

that's not gonna happen now lol

Disappointing, though this is definitely the most negative review I've read of the film so far.

The internet is a scary place. I read @Dragonlordxxxxx 's review thinking "who the hell were Fifeld and Milburn again?" so I googled them and one of the hits was this:

hey_there_have_you_heard_about_my_robot_friend_by_prisonsuit_rabbitman-d59m295.jpg

And another:

fif_n_mill_by_liane94-d53rsi0.png

Wtf?

Back