ALIEN: COVENANT Thread v.2 (Dragonlord's Review, post #1)

If you have seen ALIEN: COVENANT, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
hard pass
Dammit. I wanted a Prometheus sequel pretty bad.. With the things people complained about, they could have listened and made such a great movie.

The universe could have grown so large..

Dammit. I wanted a Prometheus sequel pretty bad.. With the things people complained about, they could have listened and made such a great movie.

Im writing a short review right now. Just got back from watching it.

Small Spoilers. Nothing huge tho

I thought it was pretty bad. Might be a tad better then promethus but worse than Alien 3 or Resurrection

Unlikable characters who all act like assholes.
Characters doing extremely stupid things just so the plot can move forward
Learn absolutely nothing about the engineers
Shaw is killed off screen after Ridley bitched about them killing Newt offscreen
Movie felt made for casual movie goers.

I knew the movie was shit when Daniels is hanging on the rope shooting an alien while Danny Mcbride is flying the space ship around. Does Ridley even give a fuck anymore?

6/10

I can go deeper into it if anyone has any questions. But if anyone is looking for any awnsers to any questions from promethes you are not going to get them. Looks like Ridley has thrown that movie is the garbage can and is going to try and pretend it doesn't exist

Last edited:

This is why I avoided all reviews before seeing it this morning because I would have been bummed going in knowing the truth about Covenant. There's a certain amount of enthusiasm lost once you know what you are in store for.

I knew the movie was shit when Daniels is hanging on the rope shooting an alien while Danny Mcbride is flying the space ship around. Does Ridley even give a fuck anymore?

hahahahaha. Dude I was checking my phone during that waiting for it to be over.

I'm shocked that 11 people voted this movie 8/10

Like completely dumbfounded

Misc small spoiler questions(everything pretty much was shown in trailer);

• Why the fuck do they once again write into the plot having crew members entering an Alien planet without any biohazard suit? Is this just an easy plot device for the infection to start?
  • Was it just me or was there reaction to discovering the Prometheus very lackadaisical and then discovering Shaw was in the thing at one point? I don't expect them to start going crazy but they came across an Alien ship for christ's sake and was like another day on the job. On top of this they find Shaw's personal belongings in there and it was like "Oh yeah thats the girl from the lost ship that made world headlines 10 years ago. Her stuff just happens to be in an Alien ship on some planet." I understand the android wouldn't have much emotion to it but it just seemed like some misc trivia from a sightseer on vacation in Mexico.

Last edited by a moderator:
Misc small spoiler questions(everything pretty much was shown in trailer);

• Why the fuck do they once again write into the plot having crew members entering an Alien planet without any biohazard suit? Is this just an easy plot device for the infection to start?

• Was it just me or was there reaction to discovering the Prometheus very lackadaisical and then discovering Shaw was in the thing at one point? I don't expect them to start going crazy but they came across an Alien ship for christ's sake and was like another day on the job. On top of this they find Shaw's personal belongings in there and it was like "Oh yeah thats the girl from the lost ship that made world headlines 10 years ago. Her stuff just happens to be in an Alien ship on some planet." I understand the android wouldn't have much emotion to it but it just seemed like some misc trivia from a sightseer on vacation in Mexico.

What about Danny Mcbride being upset about
his wifes death for one scene and in the next scene is all smiles and laughs

Great stuff Ridley

My favorite scene in the movie had to be

"Who the fuck cares about the 2,000 colonists in hyper sleep we need to risk everyone to save 2 people"

Ridley does it again. Top notch stuff

Last edited:
I'll spoiler tag some of the recent posts. FYI, you don't have to use the spoiler box anymore after the U.S. opening weekend.

I got a question if anyone can help me out

Why dont the aliens attack david? He says something about them not being attracted to synthetics but Bishops gets his ass kicked by the Queen in Aliens...

Fuck Ridley Scott and fuck this movie. If you are having doubts about seeing this, go see guardians of the galaxy. That's at least enjoyable. This is basically a remake of Prometheus mixed in with some Alien references.

Spoilers ahead:

When the fuck did David become space Hitler? In Prometheus he's a logical machine with no emotions, in Covenant he's a Bond villain with deep daddy issues.
Also what the fuck does Scott plan on doing with the next one? Another space mission which gets lured by David's message, then rinse and repeat the plot from the previous two sequels?

I got a question if anyone can help me out

Why dont the aliens attack david? He says something about them not being attracted to synthetics but Bishops gets his ass kicked by the Queen in Aliens...
I'm guessing the newer xenomorphs dont give a shit about synthetic or organic. But the real answer is because Scott is an old hack who's churning out shitty movies for a quick cash grab.

Back