ALIEN: COVENANT Thread v.2 (Dragonlord's Review, post #1)

If you have seen ALIEN: COVENANT, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
maybe they did away with the engineers idea because so many of you fucks shit on prometheus.

That wasn't the problem. Shit characters for the exception of Shaw and David. Elba's was ok. The others were crap. Stupid script and set ups.

The story and theme were good it was just crap execution.

Not at all. Considering how slowly the ship was moving, it's a no brainer to just run out of the way, which would have been super easy by just running at an angle. It would have gotten them both out of the way in no time. Having them run in a straight line perfectly in the path of the ship was just lazy writing to try and conjure up some cheap suspense. Even worse by how it stopped right at the last second after the chick fell over. But it wasn't suspenseful at all. It was just laughable and stupid. Beyond stupid. Just because some idiot on youtube didn't jump out of the way of a car doesn't change that. Especially since cars are usually moving much faster than this ridiculously slow moving ship was rolling. Not to mention the head start they had on it. It's definitely a valid complaint.

Basically, this.

Interesting theory which is entirely plausible. But I just think Fox was hedging their bets by approving of Blomkamp's Alien 5. If Ridley takes too long to make Prometheus 2 or doesn't make it at all, they have Blomkamp's Alien 5 to fall back on. I think Fox liked Blomkamp's Alien 5 as well since Sigourney Weaver was attached to it.

FOX could've also seen the writing on the wall that, Alien Covenant is essentially a tired re-tread of Prometheus/Alien and like you said, hedged their bets by approving Blomkamps Alien 5 in case this movie completely bombs at the box office. Think FOX may bring Alien5 back up and go for the "soft-reboot/continuation" of the franchise by getting Alien 5 to be much more in line with Aliens

That wasn't the problem. Shit characters for the exception of Shaw and David. Elba's was ok. The others were crap. Stupid script and set ups.

The story and theme were good it was just crap execution.

And Guy Pearce in old man makeup.... like... just hire an old man... hahaha

She was human. She was also the daughter of Peter Weyland.

I actually liked her character Meredith Vickers in Prometheus. She was sensible and pragmatic unlike some of her idiotic crew members. I thought it was a horrible blunder on their part to kill off her character after surviving such ordeal. She, Shaw and David (or maybe without David) would have been a great team to build an Alien franchise on.

I didn't thought of her being a robot, until I've watched this youtube vid.

@4:18

Captain joked about her being a robot
She was able to throw and pin David at the wall (robots are like super heavy)
Peter Weyland is super old, and she's young and hot
She slept in the cryo chamber, Ash from the first Alien was in the cryo chamber too
And Ridley was asked if there's a robot in the movie, Ridley answered, "maybe two"

Last edited:
fucking fuck. i wanted to know more about the flippin engineers. i actually really liked prometheus.
That was the good part of Prometheus , and for me the best part of the Alien franchise is the Engineers. I loved the theatrical deleted scenes of the engineers found on the Movie disc.

Not at all. His reviews are generally solid, but Kong sucked.
OK fair enough- thought u were saying everyone who disagreed with him had bad taste in movies

Alien Covenant has been getting mixed reviews, and I've been anticipating this to suck but I'll be seeing it.

Wait wait... this is worse than Prometheus?!?

And Ridley Scott just said there's "no chance" of Blokamps direct-sequel to Aliens ever being made- for what that's worth.

Scott made it quite clear to Fox this is his franchise and he didn't want to work with Neil.

i still wanna see alien covenant but your review doesn't leave me hopeful of enjoying it. i'm trying to go back to the movies and i've seen a few good ones, this one im leaning towards skipping...

I enjoyed the movie, but the characters were among the worst in the entire series.

I'm going to see it anyway.

People talk so much shit about Prometheus but it wasn't that bad. Had a lot of cool visuals and concepts throughout.

Update: May 11, 2017

Ridley Scott Backtracks About Making Four ALIEN: COVENANT Sequels, Teases Only Two

Ridley-Scott-Director-051017-Dragonlord.png

Ridley Scott is now speaking about two more Alien: Covenant sequels instead of the four he mentioned earlier this year.

In an interview with Yahoo Movies, Scott spoke about whether the next film, possibly called Awakening, would be the end of the prequels: “I don’t know. [I’ll make] maybe two more [films], or maybe one more, I don’t know.”

This differs from what he said to Fandango back in March of this year. Then, he stated, “There will be another one before we kind of literally and logically, clockwise, back into the rear back head of [the original] ‘Alien’…If this is successful, and then the next one, and then there will definitely be three more.”

In addition to speaking about the Alien: Covenant sequels, Scott spoke about the mixed reaction to Prometheus. He said, “The fans, in a funny kind of way – they’re not the final word – but they are the reflection of your doubts about something, and then you realize ‘I was wrong’ or ‘I was right’. I think that’s where it comes in. I think you’re not sensible if you don’t actually take [the fans’ reaction] into account.”

Ridley Scott Teases Two Alien: Covenant Sequels, Not Four

And Ridley Scott just said there's "no chance" of Blokamps direct-sequel to Aliens ever being made- for what that's worth.

Scott made it quite clear to Fox this is his franchise and he didn't want to work with Neil.

Never go full George Lucas.

They are going to have to take this away from him to make it good again.

david will somehow grow 25ft tall and become the spacejockey

Back