ALIEN: COVENANT Thread v.2 (Dragonlord's Review, post #1)

If you have seen ALIEN: COVENANT, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
the alien sun saluting was silly. the whole movie is just silly on repeated viewings.

the alien sun saluting was silly. the whole movie is just silly on repeated viewings.
That was the dumbest shit I've seen in a movie in years. Like how do you do that scene and walk away thinking it's good? How does this movie have a 72% critic rating on rotten tomatoes? Shit like that just reeks of collusion

How does this movie a 72% critic rating on rotten tomatoes? Shit like that just reeks of collusion

yeah i don't get how someone can write some of the stuff that happened in a script and none of the other producers or whatever didn't ever say "...wait what? The alien salutes him?"

I was annoyed the chick from prometheus was killed off. They really fucked the alien franchise as badly as predator and terminator movies. Wankers.

That was the dumbest shit I've seen in a movie in years. Like how do you do that scene and walk away thinking it's good? How does this movie have a 72% critic rating on rotten tomatoes? Shit like that just reeks of collusion
I don't trust rotten tomatoes anymore. They sold out to the big studios.

It was pretty bad. I was really excited to see it cuz I really liked Prometheus and the lore of the Alien, but it really was boring.

I don't trust rotten tomatoes anymore. They sold out to the big studios.
I thought RT was just a site that made a percentage from other critics reviews. How can it sell out?

Well it's owned indirectly by Warner Bros.
I get ya. I don't really pay much attention to RT anyway. When Iron Fist came out and got a pretty bad score, I did take a look to see what critics were saying. I was pretty surprised to see a lot of the negativity that made the score so bad was critics complaining that Iron Fist is a white martial arts master and he's using "cultural appropriation". I also seen critics say it was sexist and racist that he's white and was teaching an Asian woman how to fight Kung Fu. I didn't think Iron Fist was amazing or anything but it's pretty bullshit that reviews like that can bring down the score.

holy shit, look at all the 8, 7 and 6 ratings for this piece of shit horrible movie. You guys have terrible taste in music.

Watched this a while ago but haven't been on this end of the internet in a while (sorry Dragon). Much like most people here, I didn't like the movie. Not going to go over what most of you already discuss (plot holes, uninspiring stupid characters, etc.). The one thing that I would point out was Scott's weird choice to show the creatures coming from a mile away so you know where they are and thus, killing the suspense. You got stuff like the neomorph approaching the temple or the protomorph running at the flying crane. Oh also, in the last encounter, you essentially know where the protomorph is at all times in the spaceship due to showing him on the monitors David (yeah, I never bought that was Walter even though you were trying to sell that. Fuck off, movie!) is looking at. Like I can understand the studio messing around with the script but not on shit like this, so Scott should have been able to put his foot down at least on that respect. Does this mean he thought those shots were a good idea? If so, he is really losing his touch. That's some stuff that you would expect from the many cheap imitators that came after Alien/Aliens. Hell, some of them probably even had a better sense than to add shots like that.

The captain confronts the rogue AI, figures out he's been breeding them, then lets the AI lead him into a chamber with facehugger pods, walks right up to a pod and stares into it? WHAT????
face-hugger-gif.gif

Then comes the height of hillarity. The xenomorph bursts from this guys chests while Neil Degrasse Tyson Cosmos music plays, Michael Fassbender raises his arms and the xenomorph fucking mimicks him and does a sun salutation? I could not stop laughing. So, fucking, bad.

Regarding Oram standing right in front of the egg, some would argue that we as the audience know that those eggs are bad news due to the first movies. Ok, fair enough. However, I would say his 'get the fuck out of here' moment should have been earlier than that. He essentially followed this creepy android, that not only has shown not to have the best intentions in mind but also has at least the strength of silverback Gorilla, down a dark flight of stairs.

Regarding the birth scene, I completely agree with you. That the type of shit you not only leave on the cutting room floor but don't even include it in the DVD extras out of embarrassment. I was also laughing because this is what I was thinking about during that entire scene :D

This movie was a piece of shit. Finally got around to watching it. And I loved Prometheus.

The astronauts in covenant took stupid to a whole new level. Every single thing they did was ridiculous.

Their decisions made zero sense start to finish. It’s very frustrating to watch that. Sitting, watching, thinking this entire movie revolves around these astronauts being the dumbest people in the universe. That’s why they were sent to another planet. They were so stupid the Earth couldn’t handle keeping them around.

This movie was a piece of shit. Finally got around to watching it. And I loved Prometheus.

The astronauts in covenant took stupid to a whole new level. Every single thing they did was ridiculous.

Their decisions made zero sense start to finish. It’s very frustrating to watch that. Sitting, watching, thinking this entire movie revolves around these astronauts being the dumbest people in the universe. That’s why they were sent to another planet. They were so stupid the Earth couldn’t handle keeping them around.

i was excited to see the android and the chick have some cool new storyline...they really fucked it up,

also- nice 12 month thread bump

I doubt another R rated Alien film will ever get made thanks to Scott fucking up the franchise and Disney now owning it.

Back