ALIEN: COVENANT Thread v.2 (Dragonlord's Review, post #1)

If you have seen ALIEN: COVENANT, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Michael Fassbender can play one hell of a creepy little bitch.

He struggles so hard to save this crappy movie. Without Fassbender this is probably a 4/10.

He struggles so hard to save this crappy movie. Without Fassbender this is probably a 4/10.

I don't think I'd even give it a 4 without Fassbender. It was truly a Herculean effort by him to singlehandedly pull this one out of the fire. Kind of like Arnold in Genisys.

He's the modern master of villains. He can do it all...villains that you detest entirely (12 Years a Slave), villains that you identify with and almost cheer for (Magneto), villains that you aren't cheering for but can't stop watching because of intrigue (David). That's a great range in just three movies.

As you guys know, the Alien Covenant is continuation of Prometheus and any future Aliens will be as well.

Plot wise story is told pretty well, lots of questions been answered from Prometheus and overall image makes much more sense. Even though the story is explained and answering questions.

{<doc}

First 4 Alien got 10/10 in my book. Prometheus 6/10

{<doc}

And this one is 8/10 for me. Definitely worth to watch and a lot better than Prometheus.

{<doc}

So......did all the Prometheus elitists wind up vanishing, or something?

I hope that this movie is written off as non-canon.

Actually enjoyed this movie better than any of the another Aliens...don't know why everyone is bitching about

Actually enjoyed this movie better than any of the another Aliens...don't know why everyone is bitching about

I knew Ridley Scott was targeting someone with the way he made this.

I don't think I'd even give it a 4 without Fassbender. It was truly a Herculean effort by him to singlehandedly pull this one out of the fire. Kind of like Arnold in Genisys.

This movie was better than genesis.. By quite a bit. That's not saying much.

This movie was better than genesis.. By quite a bit. That's not saying much.

I think it was a little better. But while Genisys was mostly an abomination, Arnold did everything he could with what was there.

Are you talking about the creators?

No, the ones who criticized anyone who bashed Prometheus, saying that it would be the start of a grand arc exploring the idea of gods, humans, where we come from, etc. The first movie was obviously headed in that direction, but the backlash was so severe Ridley Scott took the sequel in a completely different direction.

No, the ones who criticized anyone who bashed Prometheus, saying that it would be the start of a grand arc exploring the idea of gods, humans, where we come from, etc. The first movie was obviously headed in that direction, but the backlash was so severe Ridley Scott took the sequel in a completely different direction.
They were around earlier in the last thread, saying it's our fault A:C sucks because we didn't love Prometheus.

Oh alright. I personally liked prometheus. There was definitely some issues but overall I liked it.

Honestly it takes a lot for me to hate a movie and Covenant did it.

He's the modern master of villains. He can do it all...villains that you detest entirely (12 Years a Slave), villains that you identify with and almost cheer for (Magneto), villains that you aren't cheering for but can't stop watching because of intrigue (David). That's a great range in just three movies.

tumblr_nofge4QZO41spa9zuo1_500.gif

giphy.gif

He elevated it from a beautiful disaster to an aggressively mediocre donk fest. Dude has talent for days.

Last edited:
Back