ALIEN: COVENANT (First Reactions from World Premiere)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trailer had me like

hudson2t7ugs.gif
game over, man

looks meh and like every other movie like this out there...

I wish someone knocked Ridley Scott over the head with a steel pipe - causing some form of permanent amnesia.

Then the same guy just walks around telling Ridley that the time period is roughly somewhere between 1979 and 1982.

So in the future, all of Ridley's movies return to having some great camera work, maybe a long tracking shot that's held for a beat or two, some blue-light strobe effects coupled with some harsh shadows...Smoke and steam, slightly worn post-modernistic sets with a touch of cyberpunk and a makeup effects supervisor who doesn't sit in front of a computer.

Who thought someone could make the planet Mars so dull....

........2 Weeks! 2 Weeks! *Now that's how you do Mars!*

Looks like a do over that is trying to rectify all that was wrong with Prometheus. As long as there are no idiot scientists playing with phallic Alien snakes.

I just realized something else besides HALO having Promethian Knights and Aliens universe having the Promethius ship. The next ship is called Covenant, and the HALO has a Covenant too.

Is this just a coincidence or what? The Space Jockey is the like the Forerunners while the Flood and xenomorphs are similar too.

Looks like a do over that is trying to rectify all that was wrong with Prometheus. As long as there are no idiot scientists playing with phallic Alien snakes.

There's already a dumbass getting attacked by a face hugger.

"Looks like it's deadly, let me go check it out real up close. Hurr durr hurr"

Perhaps he is righting a wrong. Who gives a shit, you? Prom sucked. Move on. Scott already is..
What a meaningless statement. I have moved on (lol).

It's you who clearly hasn't, holding onto a pathetic trailer and an even more pathetic leaked synopsis.

The writing is on the wall- I'm sorry you don't posses the skill to recognize and refrain from praising mediocrity.

There's already a dumbass getting attacked by a face hugger.

"Looks like it's deadly, let me go check it out real up close. Hurr durr hurr"
That and the good ole' "Let's take our helmets off on an alien planet again durr durr"

What the fuck did I say?! Huh? Get over it!

MK > SF btw.
"I can't argue my point, argh! I'll let him know my preference in fighting game franchises instead...that'll teach him!"

Fuck off lol

The first 2 were the best sci-fi ever imo. The 3rd wasn't bad. The 4th had cool,scenes but was burnt out by then. The AVPs were poor. I am looking forward to this. I watched a doc on Geiger, he was a strange dude.

"I can't argue my point, argh! I'll let him know my preference in fighting game franchises instead...that'll teach him!"

Fuck off lol

MK is better now.

But you went blabbering about this guy taking his helmet off, spouting that these guys are just as stupid, cuz you, an audience member knows what will happen.

If this movie is a cunt hair better than Prometheus, im gonna be happy. We all know it will be beautiful and we get to see our beloved monster again. Thats all i want.

As far as unique ideas not seen yet? I don't know, which is why i was more interested of what they DIDNT show in the trailer. I dont lie to myself. I know how people can die already, so im not going to cry out of my pussy cuz i see a face hugger in action or a sex death scene. I only want an Alien movie that is done SOLID and makes better sense.

Update: February 21, 2017

Full Cast Photo of ALIEN: COVENANT; First Look at James Franco as Captain Branson

New Alien: Covenant sneak peek to air on FX's Legion on February 22.

Alien-Covenant-Cast-Photo-022117a-Dragonlord.jpg

Full Cast Photo of ALIEN: COVENANT; First Look at James Franco as Captain Branson

Alien: Covenant sneak peek to air in FX's Legion on February 22.

Alien-Covenant-Cast-Photo-022117-Dragonlord.jpg

Friggin' Danny McBride cocking his head to the side with a "comic relief guy" expression.

Alien: Covenant sneak peek to air in FX's Legion on February 22.

Alien-Covenant-Cast-Photo-022117-Dragonlord.jpg

Where's the stupid fucking little kid? The Predator is going to have some stupid fucking little kid, so this should too, right?

My prediction...

All guys with beards will die.

New Alien: Covenant sneak peek to air on FX's Legion on February 22.

Alien-Covenant-Cast-Photo-022117a-Dragonlord.jpg

So weird to see James Franco and Danny McBride in the same movie and it NOT being a comedy and them taken on some serious roles. Maybe McBride is the comic relief though.

So weird to see James Franco and Danny McBride in the same movie and it NOT being a comedy and them taken on some serious roles. Maybe McBride is the comic relief though.

Love Danny and I think no funny business in this one.

For Franco I don't vibe with that dude never had.. no like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back