Aliakbari KOs Smoldarev at ACB 83. Should the UFC try and sign him?

He is THE guy that need to be signed really, the best prospect in the heavyweight division.

People write him off because he lost to Crocop, but his style is perfect of the cage, he is a freight train.

We are at the point that they should sign anyone they can get

We are at the point that they should sign anyone they can get
Makes me mad when some guys decline the contract to get more experience, like Goltsov did numerous times.

Bro, we need everything available! :mad:

No thanks. #GlassChin

This is stupid.

I looked it up and this was his sixth fight vs. an almost certainly roided up near legend of the sport (yes, I know this guy is a cheat as well).

That is not a bad loss on one's resume by any means.

Arguably the best HW prospect out there right now.

Even clean, he has a realistic chance against most of the UFC top 10. There isn't anyone in the UFC HW division who has the wrestling ability he does. He's a better version of Brock.

He reminds a bit of Cain. I thought he'd steamroll poor Cro Cop but I was pleasantly surprised. IF he doesn't get USADA'd, he could beat just about anyone.

This is stupid.

I looked it up and this was his sixth fight vs. an almost certainly roided up near legend of the sport (yes, I know this guy is a cheat as well).

Near legend? lol, plz. More like combat ICON.

This is stupid.

Only one of those guys was "almost certainly roided up"

And crocop is an icon

They should sign at least 10 HWs from Russian promotions. Division is shallow worldwide, but what makes it look bad in the UFC is that there is almost nobody outside of top 10 so the same guys are always on top. They would stay on top much harder if there was constant influx of the best HW prospects.

They should absolutely sign him, I have been waiting for it to happen since the rizin tourney.

He wouldn't beat Stipe but has a good chance against pretty much anyone else.

Aliakbari would destroy Smoliakov. That would be a good HL reel win for him to get his name out. Blasting Cyril Asker would work too.

Edit: I just realized how bad Smoliakov's competition was before he joined the UFC. When you see a guy lose to Cyril Asker you just gotta find out how he even got into the UFC. Anyway, not one of his pre-UFC wins were against an opponent who even had 3 wins.... and almost all of them didn't even have 3 total fights. Why the fuck did the UFC even sign that guy lol

Because they like can crushers. You have a higher chance of being signed if you crush cans on regional circuit than if you fight in Russian promotions and lose some fights.

Look at this horrible example. Guy got signed without beating anybody even semi-decent from Balkan regional circuit. His best two wins were against cans with barely winning record and all others with losing records. In the same time, fools that tested themselves against better competion and lost some fights got overlooked by he UFC.
http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Bojan-Mihajlovic-12400

Amir is awesome
Hopefully he will come to the UFC one day
Replacing Makhov...

I wish the UFC would sign every semi decent heavy they could get.

Even HW cans would be better than WMMA.

This guy seems like an okay prospect, so yes sign him please.

Agreed. HW needs the shotgun approach. Throw shit at the wall and see what sticks.

Only one of those guys was "almost certainly roided up"

And crocop is an icon

I like Cro Cop and respect he admitted using HGH....but when you are in your 40s, and has a career resurgence and look like an actioj figure again, theres a very very high probability of him being on something in RIZIN.

I wish the UFC would sign every semi decent heavy they could get.

Even HW cans would be better than WMMA.

This guy seems like an okay prospect, so yes sign him please.

Pretty much this. Smoldarev and Amir should both be signed. I’d rather watch two mediocre HWs fight than boring small guys like Edgar, DJ, or any WMMA.

HW fights are the best fights in MMA. There are a ton of exciting Russian HWs who UFC should go after.

Amir is 8-1 now. He will fight for ACB belt next, probably.
Makes me mad when some guys decline the contract to get more experience, like Goltsov did numerous times.

Bro, we need everything available! :mad:
I think with Goltsov most times it was a financial reason, not really experience, but from what i heard seems like they figured it out.

Wow both of those guys looked way more athletic and fluid moving than anyone in UFC HW top 10 except Stipe and Ngannou. Everyone else is super fat or super old and moves kind of weirdly, like they're mildly handicapped or in quicksand.

I don't watch a lot of fights outside of hte UFC but that made it pretty clear to me that the top 10 HWs aren't in the UFC. Not even close, wow. UFC isn't even trying in recruiting HW talent are they?

Wow both of those guys looked way more athletic and fluid moving than anyone in UFC HW top 10 except Stipe and Ngannou. Everyone else is super fat or super old and moves kind of weirdly, like they're mildly handicapped or in quicksand.

I don't watch a lot of fights outside of hte UFC but that made it pretty clear to me that the top 10 HWs aren't in the UFC. Not even close, wow. UFC isn't even trying in recruiting HW talent are they?
There's many good heavyweights outside UFC. There's like 6 or 7 guys that i can comfortably say that right now would be top 8 in UFC, at least. I'm not sure why, but UFC is doing a TERRIBLE job signing heavyweights, specially the ones coming from Eastern Europe, they sign any bum that looks good in LFA or KOTC, but the ones fighting in Russia? Nah, UFC refuses to pay them accordingly..

Back