VivaRevolution

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ali is on the grill!’ Israeli settlers celebrate burning of Palestinian baby
Israel/Palestine
Jonathan Ofir on June 21, 2018 109 Comments

dawabshevideohero.png

Hussein Dawabshe, with his grandson Ahmad, in 2016.

     

There’s something particularly disturbing about celebrating the burning alive of a baby.

This is precisely what Israeli Jewish settlers were doing yesterday, outside the court in Lod. “’Ali was burned, where is Ali? Ali is on the grill!”, they chanted, in reference to the 18-month old baby Ali Dawbsheh, who was burnt alive by Jewish terrorists in the West Bank town of Duma in 2015. Ali’s mother Riham and father Saad died of their wounds a few weeks later. Of the family of four, only 5-year-old Ahmad survived the arson with severe burns.

The terror-supporters were actually taunting Ali’s grandfather, Hussein Dawabshe, who was attending a preliminary hearing at which the court decided to indict one adult suspect who confessed to the murders, as well as a minor who was an accomplice. Hussein was accompanied by Palestinian-Israeli lawmakers Ayman Odeh and Ahmed Tibi. Tibi posted the video of the chanting, with policemen standing by doing nothing, and wrote:

“Where’s Ali? There’s no Ali. Ali is burned. On the fire. Ali is on the grill” – all this was thrown at our face – including at the grandfather Dawbsheh concerning his 18-month-old grandson by the riff raff of ‘price tag’. In front of us stood policemen and officers and did nothing. No words…

The terror supporters also referred to the other family members: “Where is Ali? Where is Riham? Where is Saad? It’s too bad Ahmed didn’t burn as well.”

This is certainly not the first time that the burning of this baby was celebrated. In December 2015, a video showing dozens of wedding guests celebrating the arson went public via Channel 10. The guests are seen dancing with Molotov cocktails, knives and guns, and stabbing a photo of baby Ali Dawabsheh. The wedding couple was said to be “very well known in the radical right”. Following widespread public outrage, Netanyahu distanced himself from the event, saying that these were “shocking images” which “show the true face of a group that constitutes a danger”, but he also provided the “many sides” narrative:

“That is not the proud religious Zionism that contributes to the state, and whose sons serve in the elite units in the army… It is also impossible to compare the scope of that terror with Arab terror. In the last month they [Arabs] carried out hundreds of attacks against us, and we saw just a few Jewish terrorist attacks.”

A year later, 13 people from what became known as the “murder wedding” were indictedfor incitement to terrorism.

Meanwhile, last month, in what was probably much less noticed, the Dawabsheh family home was torched once again:

“A group of settlers attacked my home at dawn today, breaking a window and throwing a Molotov cocktail inside before fleeing the scene,” Yasser Dawabsheh said. “We were lucky that I was able to hear them when they attacked, so I was able to evacuate all my family,” he said. “Fire crews reacted quickly and put out the fire before the whole house burnt down…”

http://mondoweiss.net/2018/06/settlers-celebrate-palestinian/

WTF?

Hey, I'm glad Netanyahu denounced them(kind of), and that the people from the murder party were charged with inciting terror, but how the hell does anyone think this is OK.

This makes our tiki torch March look pretty mild.

Perhaps we should talk more of the threat of the radical right in Israel........

Discuss............

Last edited:
In China, they grill dogs, in Israel they grill Palestinians! Different cuisine, hard to judge...

On a more serious note, Hamas paid the parents to lie about their infant being killed by Israelis...both sides can do some effy stuff.

Nothing new under the sun. There are 26 child saints in European history who were sanctified after being ritually murdered by the chosen people.

This almost makes me sick to my stomach to read. I kept hoping this was some anti-Israeli propaganda, but by the end it's pretty clear this really happened. It's beyond me how humans can be brainwashed into forgetting we are really all the same. That those people, the so-called enemies, are people just like you. When you hurt your neighbor, no matter how different they may seem, you are really hurting yourself. We are all just reflections of the divine experiencing the world it created through different perspectives.
Every war of aggression begins with dehumanizing your "enemies" so you can do what is against your natural instincts - hurt your fellow man. It's the lack of empathy and understanding which lays the foundation for a military conflict to begin and continue. Not until we break the shackles of disinformation will we progress beyond war. As long as we're stuck in propaganda's web, and unable to see the truth that lies beyond the spell cast by its weavers, we will hurt each other, and the suffering will continue.
The way forward starts with love. Wisdom is difficult to achieve. Discipline is hard to maintain. Understanding is often elusive. But we can all love each other. That comes from within. You need not be educated about it. Even newborn babies have it and project it. It takes no skill to learn or time to comprehend; just simple, honest, positive love. I love you Sherdog! Take it easy and be kind out there!

So not only did that grandfather and child lose their family, who died in one of the most painful ways possible, but then they get taunted by fucking supporters of this?

The fact that there are psychopaths doesn't shock me anymore, but it's always the support of heinous acts that gets to me.

So I guess they used a grill because putting people in the ovens is still a sore subject?

This is an atrocity.

Simultaneously, I can't remember the last time Hamas arrested a Palestinian terrorist, or anyone on the PLO/Hamas side did anything to deter protesters from shouting hateful, genocidal chants. Spare me outrage over terrorism. Anyone who supports Palestine over Israel isn't genuinely horrified by terrorism, or the lack of public remorse over unconscionable acts of violence.

That doesn't steer your beliefs. Unchecked expansionism is the issue, here. Focus on that.

Sick times, sick enviornments, breed sick people, and can turn people into monsters with some very sick ideas...

Reminds me of the times when Croatians and Serbs were friends and family for generations, fast forward through couple of years of war propaganda, next thing you know dudes in Vukovar putting AKs in grandmas asses and shooting...

Ziononist expansion of the Israeli state has to be one of the more insidious moves in the region. However, anyone who has studied the conflict knows that Iran and Hamas will never let a deal be made, so Israel is basically like "fuck it".

When both sides say "fuck it all" the kids get hurt more. Imagine having rocks thrown at your head every other day by kids. After you or your sister lost an eye, or maybe some teeth you'd care a lot less about the suffering of those kids.

One things for sure, this is a symptom that the hatred on both sides runs about as deep as it can.

Ziononist expansion of the Israeli state has to be one of the more insidious moves in the region. However, anyone who has studied the conflict knows that Iran and Hamas will never let a deal be made, so Israel is basically like "fuck it".

When both sides say "fuck it all" the kids get hurt more. Imagine having rocks thrown at your head every other day by kids. After you or your sister lost an eye, or maybe some teeth you'd care a lot less about the suffering of those kids.

One things for sure, this is a symptom that the hatred on both sides runs about as deep as it can.

Sounds like if we supported Palestine or Israel, we would be supporting baby murderers.

Seems like a strong case for us not to support either of them.

Hopefully one day both sides will spawn a generation who is tired of this shit. I´m not holding my breath though.

Sounds like if we supported Palestine or Israel, we would be supporting baby murderers.

Seems like a strong case for us not to support either of them.

Israel contributes new medical and engineering technologies to the world, and remains to be an open safe society.

The palistinians weaponize their children and fire rockets at civilians.

I'll take the Israelis thanks.

Israel contributes new medical and engineering technologies to the world, and remains to be an open safe society.

The palistinians weaponize their children and fire rockets at civilians.

I'll take the Israelis thanks.

Israel has operated with "acceptable collateral damage" (including civilians) since the 60-70s.

Israel has operated with "acceptable collateral damage" (including civilians) since the 60-70s.

They wouldn't be able to engage the enemy if they hadn't. Their enemies embed themselves with the civilian population and are often civilians.

They wouldn't be able to engage the enemy if they hadn't. Their enemies embed themselves with the civilian population and are often civilians.

I guess thats why they shot missiles at aid convoys in international waters.

Both sides are fucked up and do fucked up shit to the other.

Back