Ali confirms Gaethje and Moraes on their last fight of the deal, Dec.31st

finally these guys can go to the ufc/bellator and their hype can die

finally these guys can go to the ufc/bellator and their hype can die
Both are good prospects, both a bit wild. And I do not think either will crack the top 5 or stay there long if they do. But they would both be great additions. And if Justin can fight like he has so far? Long term? He'd become a huge fan favorite.

I want to seem them make the jump. In all reality if WSOF loses as much as I imagine they will on this card, maybe this will cause them to let them go.

Hasn't Moraes re-signed with WSOF a while ago?

I think Moraes would be around a #5 ranked guy. But Gaethje would be a huge get for the UFC as far as excitement and being a good guy to have on cards. I sort of don't want WSOF to go out of business but if you split the guys up between the two other companies and it would add a bit to both.

1 fight deal

It was a lifetime contract though. So not sure why Ali is saying that now. Where in the video is it? It's over 2 hours long.

.....As for the length of his new deal, Moraes said that was a better question directed at his manager, Ali Abdel-Aziz, yet that it was for the long term.

"It’s something like lifetime," he said. "I’m pretty happy and grateful for what they’ve done.

If the UFC could grab them both I'd be completely fine with them both fighting for the title in their first UFC fight. Gaethje v. Conor/Khabib winner and Moraes v. Cody/Cruz winner. Both would be fireworks. They've done it before with Strikeforce champs.

It was a lifetime contract though. So not sure why Ali is saying that now. Where in the video is it? It's over 2 hours long.

.....As for the length of his new deal, Moraes said that was a better question directed at his manager, Ali Abdel-Aziz, yet that it was for the long term.

"It’s something like lifetime," he said. "I’m pretty happy and grateful for what they’ve done.
In the video he confirms his deal ran out and that Carlos Silva called him to use marlon for the NYC show, but says it is a 1 fight deal, Gaethje deal also runs out and he says branch deal has a few more fights in it...also Jake shields, vagabov are his clients in this show.

I doubt the WSOF is going to make it out of 2017 anyhow. There's a reason Moraes only has a 1 fight deal. The WSOF doesn't seem to be talking much about anything beyond the NYE event.

If the UFC could grab them both I'd be completely fine with them both fighting for the title in their first UFC fight. Gaethje v. Conor/Khabib winner and Moraes v. Cody/Cruz winner. Both would be fireworks. They've done it before with Strikeforce champs.
Gaethje shouldn't ever jump over Ferguson for a title shot. There's more deserving guys ahead of Gaethje in the UFC's 155 division. Gaethje vs Barboza/Diaz/RDA is fine, could be some pretty exciting fights and would bring out a new contender for McGregor/Nurmagomedov in the division.

I can dig Moraes vs Cruz/Garbrandt winner. Not a whole lot of contenders in that division and I'm not terribly excited to see Cruz vs Dillasnake 2.

Melendez was the only SF guy to be granted a title shot right out of Strikeforce anyways, the other champs got title eliminators/top ten fights. The only guys I can see getting an instant title shot are Moraes and MAYBE Branch.

I doubt the WSOF is going to make it out of 2017 anyhow. There's a reason Moraes only has a 1 fight deal. The WSOF doesn't seem to be talking much about anything beyond the NYE event.

Gaethje shouldn't ever jump over Ferguson for a title shot. There's more deserving guys ahead of Gaethje in the UFC's 155 division. Gaethje vs Barboza/Diaz/RDA is fine, could be some pretty exciting fights and would bring out a new contender for McGregor/Nurmagomedov in the division.

I can dig Moraes vs Cruz/Garbrandt winner. Not a whole lot of contenders in that division and I'm not terribly excited to see Cruz vs Dillasnake 2.

Melendez was the only SF guy to be granted a title shot right out of Strikeforce anyways, the other champs got title eliminators/top ten fights. The only guys I can see getting an instant title shot are Moraes and MAYBE Branch.

Yeah I mean you're right I just like Gaethje, so violent. How bout Gaethje v. Barboza. If he wins that then he can have a crack after Ferg. Obviously this is all dependent on winning his fight here then going to the UFC.

Moraes takes Cruz easily. Does anyone really think Cruz's skinny ass, injury prone legs can handle those kicks?!

Honestly dont care if WSOF goes under.

Having guys like Moraes, Justin, Branch, Shields, Fitch, Ivanov etc spread out to UFC/Bellator/Rizin and give those orgs a few more guys is a win/win for everyone.

Not even just UFC which of course I think we all want Moraes and Justin in there but I'd be cool with Moraes vs Dantas or Justin vs Chandler.

Frankly anything is better than who they are fighting in WSOF.

Dont really see how they continue to survive and this NYE show is gonna shit the bed. They are paying Moraes, Justin, Branch, Shields, Fitch. They have sold like 400 tickets.

Moraes takes Cruz easily. Does anyone really think Cruz's skinny ass, injury prone legs can handle those kicks?!

Yea, most ppl who follow the sport.

Is Ali stating this as their manager, or is he coming out and admitting he is still a part of WSOF?

WSOF is done after there TV deal is expires

I will make the same prediction I have made the last 3 years.

WSOF doesn't make it to the end of the year.

would love to see both Gaethje and Moraes in Bellator tbh. instant titleshot for the both of them.

Both are good prospects, both a bit wild. And I do not think either will crack the top 5 or stay there long if they do. But they would both be great additions. And if Justin can fight like he has so far? Long term? He'd become a huge fan favorite.

I want to seem them make the jump. In all reality if WSOF loses as much as I imagine they will on this card, maybe this will cause them to let them go.

If something does not describe Moraes' style, is wild
I totally agree with Gaethje, but Moraes has improved a lot since that loss streak years ago

I think every org. will be interested in signing these two.

Back