Ali Bagautinov vs Andy Young FNG 84

wilKO

Green, White & Gold belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Fight Nights Global 84. March 2nd in Slovakia. Andy is my mate and this is the biggest fight of his life. Fighting a former UFC title contender and one of the best FLWs in the world. This is basically his Rocky moment. Absolutely pumped for this.

I will hopefully get up to train with him at least once before the fight. He's very confident but it is a massive step up.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1518544027218.jpg
    FB_IMG_1518544027218.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 11
Glad that your mate is getting his big chance in the spotlights but I am a bit confounded why Ali Bagautinov is fighting a 11-9 opponent.

Glad that your mate is getting his big chance in the spotlights but I am a bit confounded why Ali Bagautinov is fighting a 11-9 opponent.

It is unusual. Totally unexpected. Andy has always had that anyone anywhere attitude so perhaps Ali was struggling to get an opponent. Andy is the former BAMMA FLW champion and there aren't too many FLWs in Europe.

Good luck to your friend wilKO
A really tough matchup

Ali actually lost one of his 3 fights outside the UFC since his release. The two he's beaten were names but perhaps he's just trying to get on a run. 3 out of 4 sounds a lot better than 2-2 and 3 opponents were pretty solid. Not saying Young isn't as I've never seen him fight but he's def more of an unknown.

Ali actually lost one of his 3 fights outside the UFC since his release

I remember that one. Last second head kick KO against Tyson Nam. Who hilariously enough also upset Eduardo Dantas. :D

he two he's beaten were names but perhaps he's just trying to get on a run. 3 out of 4 sounds a lot better than 2-2 and 3 opponents were pretty solid.

I wonder what org he has his eyes set on though. Return to the UFC? Bellator? ACB? He won't accomplish much in Fight Night.

Good luck to your friend wilKO
A really tough matchup

Yeah but win or lose it's something to tell his grandkids. If he wins it will change his bum life.

Best of luck to your buddy, it will be a tough fight for sure but in the fighting world anything can happen.

War Andy Young, do the Brits proud.

Andy represents the Brits and the Irish. He is very down to earth and humble. A bit like Carl Frampton. Proud to represent both sides of the community.

Andy represents the Brits and the Irish. He is very down to earth and humble. A bit like Carl Frampton. Proud to represent both sides of the community.

Good on him bud, hope he can pull it off.

Good luck to Taz (does he still go by that?) Rolled with him years ago or I should say got dropped on my head and choked repeatedly! Wee guy is seriously strong.

Good luck to Taz (does he still go by that?) Rolled with him years ago or I should say got dropped on my head and choked repeatedly! Wee guy is seriously strong.

Lol. Yeah. He's still Taz. I'm going to train with him tomorrow. I did a bit of sparring (boxing) with him a few months back and I am 6'1 and long. He's 5'5. I told him not to wreck me and to be fair he didnt. He still owned me.

You still train? You from NI?

Lol. Yeah. He's still Taz. I'm going to train with him tomorrow. I did a bit of sparring (boxing) with him a few months back and I am 6'1 and long. He's 5'5. I told him not to wreck me and to be fair he didnt. He still owned me.

You still train? You from NI?

Were you on the Armbar forum?

Yeah I'm from Belfast. He dropped in to a couple of training sessions must be 8/9 years ago now, was in "frames" its the most run down gym above a pool hall... buckets catching drops from the roof and all! Im sure he will remember the place, had a good Muay Thai class in it too.

Was kickboxing myself before Xmas but sat around getting fat and enjoying life since. Not really bothered by grappling these days, just wanted a gym that had regular sparring.

He was a monster when I grappled him. Im only 5"7 so I found a guy I thought I could pick on.... young, floppy hair, shorter and lighter... he was going to be the ideal opponent until he took his hoodie off and was ripped to shreds! I was over 11 stone when I was in shape so thought Id have an easy time with him but he literally dumped me on my head over and over with takedowns, strong as a bull.

My Brother and a few of our guys fought in the Clan Wars promotion over here, I saw Taz lose one of his early fights there. He has had his ups and downs but would be great to see him take the win. Enjoy your training session with him!

Were you on the Armbar forum?

Yeah I'm from Belfast. He dropped in to a couple of training sessions must be 8/9 years ago now, was in "frames" its the most run down gym above a pool hall... buckets catching drops from the roof and all! Im sure he will remember the place, had a good Muay Thai class in it too.

Was kickboxing myself before Xmas but sat around getting fat and enjoying life since. Not really bothered by grappling these days, just wanted a gym that had regular sparring.

He was a monster when I grappled him. Im only 5"7 so I found a guy I thought I could pick on.... young, floppy hair, shorter and lighter... he was going to be the ideal opponent until he took his hoodie off and was ripped to shreds! I was over 11 stone when I was in shape so thought Id have an easy time with him but he literally dumped me on my head over and over with takedowns, strong as a bull.

My Brother and a few of our guys fought in the Clan Wars promotion over here, I saw Taz lose one of his early fights there. He has had his ups and downs but would be great to see him take the win. Enjoy your training session with him!

Cool man. Good for you. I've been to Frames for Muay Thai. I trained with Andy back in the early days at Gracie Barra. It's night and day. He's a different animal now.

No man. Never heard of the armbar forum. We probably know a good few of the local guys from Clan Wars etc.

Cool that your mate is getting this amazing chance to shine and best of luck to him but I'm rooting for my homie Ali. I think he wins this too.

Cool man. Good for you. I've been to Frames for Muay Thai. I trained with Andy back in the early days at Gracie Barra. It's night and day. He's a different animal now.

No man. Never heard of the armbar forum. We probably know a good few of the local guys from Clan Wars etc.

Aye had it in my head I had talked to you before... small town Suppose, anyone who has thrown a punch in a gym know each other! Here hoping he does better than he did on ninja warrior!

Back