Ali Abdelaziz: Conor only takes fights he has an 80% chance of winning

Every time i see or hear Ali ... i have feeling he is a dick of a person.

Maybe it's me

Maybe there's a difference between a 80 million dollar fighter and a pre 80 million dollar fighter

Khabib Nurmagomedov's manager claims Conor only goes for low risk fights and also states that Conor is afraid of Khabib.

Also says that if Conor fights Khabib, he will get demolished, and his aura along with it.

I agree with pretty much everything he says.

Another interesting thing, he says Khabib can't train in Russia because he's too popular there and gets mobbed everywhere he goes.

fact conor after ufc 205 picked not fighting than to fight him.

Then why has Conor started the dog or been near even money in every fight since he entered the UFC? Aside from Siver, all the odds have been close, or he was a dog, like versus Poirier, Chad and Aldo? Plus, he can't actually think that Conor had an 80 percent chance versus Mayweather......he may have meant that when Conor is 80 that he may have a chance, not certainly not a 80 percent chance.

u really thiunk he was loseing to dennis siver or diego brando. he did the Floyd thing to get paid that is all

Ali is about the most dishonest agent out there. If he says it, you can gaurantee that it is not factually correct. He looks like a slime bag and is a slime bag. He is one of the few people that can make Dolce look like a man of integrity.

no jon jones manager is the most dishonest. ali does a great job for his fighters even if people think he dishonest over the whole wsof thing

Khabib Nurmagomedov's manager claims Conor only goes for low risk fights and also states that Conor is afraid of Khabib.

Also says that if Conor fights Khabib, he will get demolished, and his aura along with it.

Another interesting thing, he says Khabib can't train in Russia because he's too popular there and gets mobbed everywhere he goes.

I think Nate 2 was high risk for him. Also the Floyd fight. Both posed a high chance of him being embarrassed. he only takes fights that make big money

Yeah cause Aldo and RDA at the time were reaallyyy easy fights. He also states that Duffy's the best Irish fighter in the world after he became his agent. There's promoting and then there's moronic promoting.

He has an 80 percent change of winning against most because he is that good. I have no particular love or hate for Conor but he is not ducking anyone, just maximizing his paydays. "Get rich and then get out", is that not something he once said? I also did not expect him to win the rematch against Diaz and he really showed the ability to overcome adversity in that fight (whether one thinks he one the decision or not)

It is a shame for the sport though as he is holding shit up and I enjoy watching him fight.

well, yeah. Half of his fights were against short notice opponents that didn't have a real training camp, and most of the remaining fights were ones where he stood to gain more than lose (Aldo, Eddie, Nate rematch, Floyd), he's the ultimate cherrypicker, thats why he won't defend a belt ever, that would be him entering a fight with more to lose than his opponent, something he's never done since getting popular.

Yeah, no shit: only Conor’s dick riders believe otherwise.

50/50. Connor on the feet, Khabib on the ground. Look at the Mendes fight. Connor has plenty to be worried about in this fight. Conor has the stand up to spark Khabib, and Khabib will prison rape Connor if it goes to the ground. This fight needs to happen.

LOL right? What an idiot this Ali whoever is. Conor only takes fights with 80% chance of winning, lol. 80% chance of losing he means - Nate x2 and Mayweather.
Yep
And dont forget he took the mendes fight injured !he had fuck all to gain there in fact it woulda made sense to wait for aldo after all the hype and investment etc

I don't think Conor is afraid of Khabib. Think about it. Conor lost to Diaz and got completely taken out. He turns around and demands a rematch against Diaz at the same weight class (that gives him a disadvantage)....and wins. Diaz is a dangerous opponent because he's very durable and has way better grappling than conor.Then he goes to Boxing and faces one of TBE. Yea he had a big pay day...but come on the guy had never had a pro boxing match. He also took a fight against a wrestler on 2 week notice and obviously struggled but still prevailed.

That said, it's not wise to make extremely risky fights like the khabib fight when you don't have the belt (as in looking at past). Given that Conor is on a little hiatus, I cant really blame him after that pay day. He's ducking everybody at the time and sitting on that cash house. I think we ultimately will see the khabib McGregor fight. Just not yet. Don't you guys get it....that's one of conors biggest fights and pay days...take a page out of Mayweather's book....build the fight over time and meanwhile prepare for the guy so that you can beat him.

A more accurate statement would be that he's taking fights where he has a lot more to gain than lose.

Conor has proven himself better at managing his career than any other fighter in history. Sometimes you have to take risky fights. Sometimes you should take the safest fight. Sometimes you should take side-steps. Sometimes you should sit out and play hardball with the promotion, even at the risk of being called 'inactive'.

A good MMA manager should be studying him and trying to apply his methods to the careers of the fighters he manages. Not trashing him. Ali is a retard and he has to resort to pimping his fighters out as playthings to Chechen warlords in order to pay the bills.

ufc-chechnya.0.0.jpg

Wrong. He's ducking defending the title now but up until he won the lightweight title he was taking the most challenging fights.

During his rise in the FW division he campaigned to fight Aldo, the best guy in the division and FW GOAT. When Aldo got injured he accepted fighting Mendes, the best wrestler in the division, on short notice. After beating Aldo he wanted to go up in weight for a harder fight and challenged RDA, who on paper looked like a horrrible matchup for him. When RDA got injured he fought Nate Diaz on a week's notice. Challenged the guy that beat him because he wanted to avenge his loss and prove he could win. After that he fought Eddie Alvarez for the lightweight title. These are clearly not the actions of a selective fighter who wants to avoid losing.

At some point the success and money got to his head and he stopped trying to challenge himself. But you have to agree up until he beat Eddie he was up for any challenge.

According to what you wrote he stopped trying to challenge himself with the Mayweather fight...

{<jordan}

Ali makes no sense.

Mendes was meant to be his kryptonite and he fought him while injured.

Aldo was the P4P#1 fighter who was on a 10 year undefeated streak.

RDA was being talked about as the best LW ever while he was champ.

Nate was the guy everyone wrote off although at 170 he had a huge size advantage over Conor, in the rematch he was counted out by most.

Eddie had just smoked RDA and is one on the best LW fighters even.

Floyd is one of the best ever boxers.

So if the odds where 80% in Conor's favour in all these fights then Conor must truly be the greatest of all time.

Truth is the Nate fight that he lost was the only fight where he was a huge favorite, which I think contributed to his loss, he viewed Nate first time round as fight he could show off in.

Back