Alfie Evans: Still alive 9 hours after life support pulled, Father pleading to re-instate with this

Alright, I concede.

A vegetative coma is not what I thought it was.

giphy.gif

Live by the Nanny State...

Die by the Nanny State

A real Father would make the tough (but ultimately right) decision to stop life support.
It's a sad situation, but 100yrs ago the child wouldve already been dead and life still went on.

A real Father would make the tough (but ultimately right) decision to stop life support.
It's a sad situation, but 100yrs ago the child wouldve already been dead and life still went on.
Nah. The story says they want to take the child to Italy for experimental treatment, which means they still see a glimmer of hope. Its not so easy to just let go and let someone die.

Why not let them exhaust all of their options?

I'm not really saying they're doing the right thing, but to say he's not a "real father" is a tad insensitive.

Is that a motion activated home security sprinkler system? Lol

Would definitely keep highschoolers away from TPing your house
Hahaha this is true. It seems to be motion acivated. I just posted it because he posted a random gif and decided to do the same thing.

Update: Alfie Evans' life support is withdrawn, but Alfie is still alive hours later

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-merseyside-43876559

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...eathing-unassisted-for-nine-hours-says-father

"The father of Alfie Evans has claimed doctors were left “gobsmacked” after the terminally ill toddler’s life support was withdrawn but he continued to survive." It has been 9 hours now, and Alfie's father is arguing that the life support should be re-introduced in light of this unexpected development.

“Because he’s been doing it for nine hours totally unexpected, the doctors are gobsmacked and I do believe he will need some form of life support in the next couple of hours and I think he ought to be respected and given that.” Doctors did give the child oxygen and water after 6 hours citing moral reasons, due to them not expecting the child to be able to breath on his own at all. The father is hoping this is the chance they needed, but only has a couple hours left of this and does need the ventilator and feeding tube hooked back up as Alfie is beginning to fade.

Italy attempted to help the parents, issuing a proclamation of Italian citizenship to Alfie to allow an instant transfer to Italy for treatment, but a British judge on the case said Alfie was still a British citizen and still fell under their jurisdiction to determine the child's best interests

There is a medical transport standing by ready to take the child to a hospital in Italy should anything change in the courts while the boy is still alive

Posting rap lyrics is a hate crime resulting in a mandated curfew, posters of being proud of the amount of security on public transportation is keeping them safe, and the state gets to determine if and where a child gets treatment rather than the parents. UK is hitting full 1984 territory

Last edited:
Back