Alfie Evans: Still alive 9 hours after life support pulled, Father pleading to re-instate with this

Shouldn't be. It is a bag of meat.

The citizens that should be protected are the sentient UK citizens.

That doesn't make any sense.
We even have laws in place that cover corpses.
And that kid is still on live support.

He should certainly still be covered by the law.

Vegetative coma. Simple line.
So even when the parents are going to pay for the care. You going to smother personally? Vegatavtive state doesn’t necessarily mean they die when you turn the machine off. I’ve had them live for days or long enough to get tranferred to a subacute care facility. So how long you giving then

That doesn't make any sense.
We even have laws in place that cover corpses.
And that kid is still on live support.

He should certainly still be covered by the law.

Covered by the law, in that no one should have sex with the bag of meat? Sure, just like a corpse.

Should we have a law that says you can't embalm a corpse, because it is desecration of a human body?

So even when the parents are going to pay for the care. You going to smother personally? Vegatavtive state doesn’t necessarily mean they die when you turn the machine off. I’ve had them live for days or long enough to get tranferred to a subacute care facility. So how long you giving then

No, it is their bag of meat. Let them grieve with it how they want.

Viva started out with a good argument and side to this-
Kid is in a coma.

Where is the suffering?

If they are paying for this, I don't understand the problem.

And then fell off the deep end defending his position. Shame

Shouldn't be. It is a bag of meat.

The citizens that should be protected are the sentient UK citizens.

Vegetative coma. Simple line.
You would change your tune real quick if you were in that position and could feel pain while your parents tried to keep you living longer in a comatose state. The parents are obviously trying to do whats best and thinking with their hearts but it's dragging on the inevitable, which is either death or a terrible life. Sometimes love becomes tyrannical.

Covered by the law, in that no one should have sex with the bag of meat? Sure, just like a corpse.

Should we have a law that says you can't embalm a corpse, because it is desecration of a human body?

No, it's not just sex there are other restrictions in place as well. But you are probably more family with what is illegal sexually :).
I am not sure what embalm a corpse has to do with it. You would have to agree to that. And that is all covered under strict laws.

You would change your tune real quick if you were in that position and could feel pain while your parents tried to keep you living longer in a comatose state. The parents are obviously trying to do whats best and thinking with their hearts but it's dragging on the inevitable, which is either death or a terrible life. Sometimes love becomes tyrannical.

Saying a person feels pain in a vegetative coma, is like saying a zygote is a sentient human being.

No, it's not just sex there are other restrictions in place as well. But you are probably more family with what is illegal sexually :).
I am not sure what embalm a corpse has to do with it. You would have to agree to that. And that is all covered under strict laws.

My point with embalming, is that shit is fucking insane, and yet we accept desecration of a human corpse, as a cultural norm.

If we are going to legislate decency, which is what this story is, that the law, and medical experts don't find these parents actions to be decent, then let's do that. Let's go all in with it, so people can see how flawed that line of thinking is.

And it must be a judgement of decency, because their is certainly no child here that needs protecting, just a bag of meat.

Not taking a side on the decision, but in the short video here, you see that the baby responds to having his arms and legs moved:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/dad-says-heartbreaking-video-shows-13225678

If you're the parent, you're going to see a baby that is very much alive, regardless of any medical realities. You would assume your baby can hear, and is feeling emotions. You would see life in his face. If you had access to money to move him for experimental treatments, it would be impossible not to fight for that chance. Especially when the doctors don't have a solid diagnosis.

That a coma, and vegetative coma are the same thing?

Really?

Go on, tell me more.
It's correct in that it is what im saying. Are those two things the same? As far as im concerned they are but we both don't know what we are talking about.

Describe to me the inner workings of the two.

My point with embalming, is that shit is fucking insane, and yet we accept desecration of a human corpse, as a cultural norm.

If we are going to legislate decency, which is what this story is, that the law, and medical experts don't find these parents actions to be decent, then let's do that. Let's go all in with it, so people can see how flawed that line of thinking is.

And it must be a judgement of decency, because their is certainly no child here that needs protecting, just a bag of meat.

No those two things have nothing to do with each other. One deals with the preparation and handling of a dead person to meet certain social and hygiene standars.
While the other is about the court protecting the interest of a child when the parents are unable to.
Those have simply nothing to do with each other.

It's also not a case about decency. It is simply a case of the courts protecting the interest of the child.
There is nothing wrong with that line if thinking.

It's correct in that it is what im saying. Are those two things the same? As far as im concerned they are but we both don't know what we are talking about.

Describe to me the inner workings of the two.

Alright, I concede.

A vegetative coma is not what I thought it was.

Back