alexander volkanovski is underated by sherdog

hunt12

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
And is even underated in Australia. He pretty much has no traction here. How far do you think he can go. He deserves a top10 fight now imo. I would love to see him fight lamas,bektic or bermudez right now

Elkins is expected to face Alexander Volkanovski on July 14, 2018 at UFC Fight Night 133.

Which is kind of weird. Elkins is on a 6 fights winning streak and he gets a non-ranked guy.

And Elkins is #10 so you will get what you wish for.

Except some injury happens.

Or USADA catches one of them.

Or... ?!?!?!

He's fought a bunch of no-names so far. He fights Elkins next, should be a good test..

He's fought a bunch of no-names so far. He fights Elkins next, should be a good test..
While true, Elkins deserves better from his last three fights (at least) than to be a stepping stool for a prospect.

A guy at his stage of career and fight style doesn't have many streaks like this left in his career, let the man have a step up FFS.

Great fighter, certainly not underrated among those people who watched him fight before.

That said, the UFC giving Elkins this fight is just a giant "fuck you" to Elkins basically.

I have very high expectations for him. Elkins is my guy, but I know exactly what kind of fight this is: it's basically the Bektic fight all over again. It's gonna take a miracle to beat Volkanovski.

Anyone that watched his fights know he has a bright future, he's definitely a problem. But right in front of him is a man that we absolutely can't count out of any fight.

Volkanovski's first 3 UFC opponents were unimpressive wins, but his win over Jeremy Kennedy was a brutal beatdown over a legit undefeated guy.

Elkins vs Volkanovski is an amazing fight. Hard not to pull for Elkins.

Shit shame on me I didn't even know that he was a fellow Australian

I don't know why, but I fully expect Alex to beat the crap out of Elkins and do big things. Dude looks dominant every time he's out there.

Really high on him.

Elkins has done everything the UFC has asked him and more... He changed his entire life, career, camp, in Family Life 2 go outside the box and move from Northwest Indiana to Sacramento to train with Team Alpha Male. Regardless if you like Team Alpha Male or not you have to respect Elkins decision to want to be the best and want to put himself around guys are going to make him better! Didn't have to accept this fight! Elkins then gets shit on by the UFC's rankings when Mirsad bektic is now 7 and Elkins remains at 10... Elkins beat him fair and square anyway you look at it!

It is absolutely fucking retarded that Elkins is getting done this dirty by the UFC, Dana White, Sean Shelby, and the other idiot Matchmaker WME. I don't understand how a blue collar guy who has done everything the UFC is asked him to do, he's on a six-fight win streak, he's 14-4 in the UFC for crying out loud!

darren-elkins-ufc-fight-night-124-2.jpg
darren-elkins-vs-mirsad-bektic.jpg

And is even underated in Australia. He pretty much has no traction here. How far do you think he can go. He deserves a top10 fight now imo. I would love to see him fight lamas,bektic or bermudez right now
Not underrated by me! He is my top prospect at 145 and I think he is a future champion. The guy is an absolute monster.

No he is getting elkins now , and elkins is the one getting screwed

Back