Alexander Gustafsson - "Winning over Jon Jones is bigger than taking the belt."

Do you agree with him or no?

• I agree

• I disagree.

Results are only viewable after voting.
just flat out wrong.

Holm is the prime example, same for Conor
An upcoming fighter with a win over Jones would look great on their record, but as soon as Jones lost people would immediately begin saying "Jones is out of his prime" and "Jones isn't the same fighter without PEDs".

An upcoming fighter with a win over Jones would look great on their record, but as soon as Jones lost people would immediately begin saying "Jones is out of his prime" and "Jones isn't the same fighter without PEDs".

But it doesnt matter what they say, that person would still be known as the person to beat Jon Jones.

The highllight of them winning would be seen millions of times, you gain a lot of the market by doing this.

You rname would be in the discussion for a long time.

1. I think beating Jon Jones would be bigger than being LHW champ. Much bigger.
2. If Gustaffson is suggesting that he already beat Jones, I respectfully disagree.
3. I think Cormier knows that what Gustaffson is saying is true, which is why he is seeking a legacy accomplishment bigger than the LHW belt by trying to beat Stipe.

Daniel has nothing to lose in this fight vs Stipe. Literally nothing besides a number on his loss column. His stock will rise regardless for taking this fight. Plus the money, that's why he is doing it. Yes, legacy matters, but, Daniel isn't going to become the best of all time with a win over Stipe.

Daniel has nothing to lose in this fight vs Stipe. Literally nothing besides a number on his loss column. His stock will rise regardless for taking this fight. Plus the money, that's why he is doing it. Yes, legacy matters, but, Daniel isn't going to become the best of all time with a win over Stipe.

I disagree. I think a loss to Stipe hurts him a lot. He's not just a LHW moving up to a bigger division. He's an undefeated HW returning to some unfinished business. A big part of his legacy is his short but good run at HW.

If Cornier loses to Stipe, then his career is having been the second best in two divisions.

Jones was also caught on PEDs

he's not a true champion and his fights have an * over them all now

he's a cheat, proven by USADA

Beating someone who had to cheat to win?

Would be a huge win... But once you are a champion you are recognized as one the rest of your career... But beating Jones for the belt... would cement your legacy.

you already won but corrupted zuffa were never going to give you a close decision win when jones just got sponsored by nike
seems_a_little_crazy_weird_al.gif

no you are a noob

keep believing the world is all fairies and

one day the truth will come out
and you will all hide from mystic UL

no you are a noob

keep believing the world is all fairies and

one day the truth will come out
and you will all hide from mystic UL
<YeahOKJen>

Back