Alexander Gustafsson wants to fight Glover Teixeira

Teixeira is getting slow and stiff,
perfect match up for mobile, rangy and technical Gus.
Puts him back into title picture.

But glover is still top 10?!?

What's going on with gus?

Well he won 2 of his last 5 fights, and not even in a row. Granted the 3 loses came to the absolute best of the best in the division.

So him fighting someone like Tex will be good for him. Tex is on the downhill, he should be able to bdefeat him, while Tex should also still pose a challenge.

After that give him another fighter 5-10th placed in the rankings. Then someone in the top 5 for a shot at the title. Gus needs to rebuild his confidence, and the UFC need to build him up as a proper contender again. The guy has the skills to be a champion, it would be a shame to rush him now to a title shot and have him fail again.

Gus was panic wrestling after getting pieced up by Blachowizch.

Glover will give him problems.

Why? If they're all about views what's the point of that matchup? But I see what you mean.
Not so great matchmaking lately, and i said Latifi because they didn't know even who their WMMA champion is.

Fight makes sense. Glover hasn't looked as quick/sharp as he did a few years ago so I think Gus takes him fairly easily.

This will be a great fight to let us know where Gus is at... If he finishes Glover he's on his way to a rematch with Jon Jones for the title.

Gus_Glover_promo.png

Alex's injuries robbed us Berlin Main Event in 2015

Dont forget Mousasi vs Latifi

"Absolutely Glover is a guy that makes sense for me next. I'll happily fight him or any other of the top guys too. For me it just has to make sense and if I take a fight and I want it to put me in a better position than I was if I didn't take it. If I got offered to fight Teixeira in my hometown then I wouldn't need to think 100% I take that fight."

via FloCombat

It makes so much sense. Book it.

Instead we'll probably get Gus-Manuwa 2 and Glover-L'il Nog. Yawn.

I like it!
Power puncher vs fast puncher.
Some nice wrestling exchanges could happen as well.

Gus picks him apart for a round or so and then ends it with an uppercut. Glover is too old, slow and stiff to handle the massive reach and boxing disadvantage. And I don't see Glover taking this one to the floor.

Am I the only one who isn't interested in either of these guys ?
Both severely overrated.

Gus picks him apart for a round or so and then ends it with an uppercut. Glover is too old, slow and stiff to handle the massive reach and boxing disadvantage. And I don't see Glover taking this one to the floor.
Glover's boxing is good he may be a little bit slower, but Glover has one punch KO power, which Gus hasn't

Oh, wow, hey Gus, almost forgot about the guy. Yeah, he should really try to stay relevant. Glover is a little slower these days, but he still has power. Gus' defense has looked pretty poor lately, and he's been working grappling more it seems. I don't think he'd out grapple Glover, though, he might, but I can see him falling into a sub. Long as Gus doesn't get too sloppy and get hit by a bomb, I got Gus by decision. Gus has also been in back to back wars. He's likely 35, body wise...

Glover's chin is shot to hell and he can't take him down, you do the math.
why his chin is hot? Rumble can KO a rhino with one punch. Gus won't take him down either. Glover has heavier hands. Glover is slow though but he has heart. No way it is an easy fight for Gus. Glover is very dangerous perennial top5 fighter

Back