Alexander Emelianenko a wasted talent ... ?!

iv seen them .. yeah those ko s are impressive but take a look at his opposition.. he gets talked about all the time bc his big bro and bc he looks like a russian mobster.. if his name was john smith from idaho and had no tats i guarantee no one would be making thread like this one

Part of it is because he is brother with Fedor, part of it is because he was a legit HW in Pride. I think he would be able to kick some top 10 ass in UFC.

Sasha on that sauce just crushing cans...but besides him I wonder what Ivan is up to these days..

FOR WHAT I CAN REMEMBER (since he was relevant like 15 years ago) he was forced to hide his "mafia tattoos" because he wasn't a real mobster, he did have them just to act though.
he went in prison for crimes not connected to the mob.

yes

A lot of fook ups during his career (outside of the ring). Seems to have found a right track now.

Dude was a real gangster at one point in time. Look at his prison tats
(Tell me if you want me to make a post about his tats meaning)

In later years Fedor has had a falling out with Aleks and posted an open letter a while ago (english link):

https://www.rt.com/sport/407997-fedor-emelianenko-alexander-emelianenko-conflict/

“Now he surrounds himself with ‘friends’ who follow him around, and will never tell him the truth, fearing to lose beneficial ties. It’s only sycophants around him,”
the younger Emelianenko said.

The response from Fedor came three days later, in the form of an open letter published by the same outlet.

“Usually I don’t comment on other people's statements. But I cannot remain silent. This is my first and last answer to you. I consider it beneath my dignity to constantly react to your lies.

“And now the most important thing - why I decided to make this open appeal to you: you called my relatives sycophants. Sycophat - that's you, Judas. I feel sorry that people who were close to you and supported you in hard moments are now suffering. I personally have apologized for you to dozens of people.

“You can say what you like about me, I'll endure it, but do not dare to insult those close to me. Besides, you don’t even know them. And all those whom you know helped you and played an important role in your life. And you are not worth their little finger. Therefore, you are not in my circle.

“In one of your interviews you said that you can help me. But I do not understand how you, [someone] who was released [from prison] not long ago and is known for constant violations of his training regime, can help me. I can only think of one thing - not to dishonor the family name of me and my parents!"
---------------------------------
UPDATE: Prison tattoos explained due to popular demand

tatu-zvezdy-na-kolenjah-znachenie_0.jpg

1. Orthodox church - Number of domes is number of convictions, number of windows is the number of years served.
2. Start on knees - I will never bow down before authorities or law.
3. Spider web symbolizes prison bars.
4. Text on shoulders "Дайте в юность обратный билет, я сполна заплатил за дорогу" "Give me a ticket back to my youth, I have paid the price in full".
5. Executioner - Symbolizes lust for vengeance.
6. Stars on shoulders means that he is living by criminal laws and does not accept the laws of the state. (He now has removed these)

Other stuff that are not numbered on this picture:

%D0%A2%D0%B0%D1%82%D1%83-%D0%BD%D0%B0-%D1%81%D1%82%D0%BE%D0%BF%D0%B0%D1%85-%D0%90%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%BA%D1%81%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B4%D1%80%D0%B0-%D0%95%D0%BC%D0%B5%D0%BB%D1%8C%D1%8F%D0%BD%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%BA%D0%BE.png

On his feet there's another text: "Пойдете за правдой, сотретесь до жoпы". "If you walk after the truth, you will wear them (the feet) down up to your ass". Sounds weird when you translate it to English, but it means that everyone has their own version of the truth and what's right and wrong.

Tatoo_01.jpg

Grave cross and a pirate.

Pirate means disrespect for the law and also robbery (which he did time for the first time before the rape story).
Grave cross weans that during the time he was in prison, someone close to him died.

%D0%A2%D0%B0%D1%82%D1%83-%D0%BD%D0%B0-%D1%81%D0%BF%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%B5-%D0%90%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%BA%D1%81%D0%B0%D0%B4%D1%80%D0%B0-%D0%95%D0%BC%D0%B5%D0%BB%D1%8C%D1%8F%D0%BD%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%BA%D0%BE.png

Gott mit uns is german for "God with us". It's the motto of nazi Germany troops. This also means the hate for society and disregard for the law (since nazis are hated in Russian society in general, top put a nazi motto on your body is like spitting in people's face).

The baby in hands of grim reaper means that he was in juvenile penitentiary.

I may have missed some stuff and will add them at a later point in time.
Thank you, very cool of your.

Part of it is because he is brother with Fedor, part of it is because he was a legit HW in Pride. I think he would be able to kick some top 10 ass in UFC.
i agree with you but the thread title says wasted talent.. imo he would never be championship nor top 5 material.. he's a great fighter .. I'm not saying he's trash , but these threads always come up and its due to his family name and his appearance and perception that he's a gangster... hell he had the opportunity to avenge his worst loss on home soil in moscow and he was s o shook that he attacked an old man the day before the fight..

Sure, the last name helps, but I think they would be making a thread if the guys name was "John Smith" and he was a Combat Sambo World Champ, like Aleks is, and he also was caught up in all the controversies and came out of prison looking like a different entity.

Heck, if any person goes from this to this, it should be news worthy:

aleksander-emelianenko-court.jpg

33-1024x1024.jpg
im glad he cleaned up his life but we are talking about fighting not bodybuilding.. remove the controversies and focus solely on skill and he is simply mediocre ..

He had potential to be very good. Possibly better than Fedor given how much bigger he was. He moved well. Had strong fast hands. Just never seemed as dedicated as his brother plus his time getting lockrd up certainly didn't help his development.

Sasha on that sauce just crushing cans...but besides him I wonder what Ivan is up to these days..
Someone in the worldwide forum says he owns a business or is in business. He just didn’t want to fight both Alex and Fedor said he was better than them.

With the current ufc HW division he could at least be a top contender if not champion.

Well, if not for USDA and hepC rumours.

Sadly he'll stay in m1 crushing cans and further squandering his obvious talents

Back