Aleksei Oleinik UFC 224 Ezekiel Choke Breakdown - Belief in your technique

I just couldn’t believe how the other guy failed to react at all to the danger. Crazy

It seems like whenever he hits it, his opponent is just like, "Nah, that'll never work." Other dudes need to start watching for it. On the other hand, I hope they don't, so we can see it again and again.

First guy to 20 ezekiels

which techniques do you believe 100% in?

Triangles/collar chokes/RNC

I'm starting to hit darces/arm triangles/anacondas/guillotines more, but I still run into situations where I'm not 100% sure if it's on and I'm there squeezing my ass off until my arms burn out.

sometimes it's not quite right, takes some playing with to get the experience to know with those

I used to think if I got it locked in I could finish it. Then I saw thales, a high level bjj practitioner, who is excellent at arm triangles, fail to do so.
action made by fist and press between neck muscle and Adam's apple to dislodge Adam's apple to other neck muscle

Triangles/collar chokes/RNC

I'm starting to hit darces/arm triangles/anacondas/guillotines more, but I still run into situations where I'm not 100% sure if it's on and I'm there squeezing my ass off until my arms burn out.

If you do have to bail on a Darce or Anaconda, what do you like to transition to?

If you do have to bail on a Darce or Anaconda, what do you like to transition to?

I'm not very good at the techniques by any standard.

But...If attacking from the top with a darce, then you just release the darce and stay on top.

Anaconda I typically attack by rolling through from half guard, so I try to get an underhook (as uke is opening his elbow) then hip heist back on top/guillotine.

Brabo from the bottom I bail when he gets his arm across my body, which is basically reverse kesa, where you try and get your elbow in and reguard.

Back